Raid Boss Teasing

All this negativity over them posting a single spoiler screenshot that causes only speculation and answers no questions? Seriously?

I’ve never seen them release critical or important information exclusively on Facebook or Twitter.

Salty already explained that she puts these spontaneous spoilers on social media outlets to increase follower numbers and to help the game’s exposure. It is obviously not an issue of “disrespecting” anyone.

(This doesn’t even address the fact that someone posts the pic on the forum within a day usually.) :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

3 Likes

I find it quite critical that the spell animation color changed from yellow to pinkish-purple, but still looks very, very bright despite them saying they lowered the particle brightness. While it is unknown right now if this is something only the raid boss does or if all spell animations will now be like that, my eyes find that detail quite important, actually. And are not overly happy…

Ok. I won’t descend into a bottomless pit of arguing what is or is not considered critical information from a game developer point of view.

I will just point out again that the Twitter/FB spoilers end up on the forum just in time for people to make their comments about them. No harm no foul.

6 Likes

I don’t often get into these debates but as somebody who doesn’t have a Twitter and my Facebook is really just there for my wife to tag to all of her posts, I completely understand the frustration of any post not being mentioned here.

All it requires is a copy and paste or if you want to do less than that, just start a thread under official news titled Social Media Links and post links to the exclusive content being previewed elsewhere. Then people like myself will click those links and maybe just maybe decide hey I might need an account so I can follow GoW here too!

:wink:

3 Likes

Reread my post. I didn’t say there’s no reason to post it here. And it’s not remotely silly - it’s the way it works.

Think of it this way. Posting anything here on the forums only gets the message out to those here on the forum already playing. That’s it. Posting a spoiler in social media gets the message out AND puts that message in front of tons of potential players who haven’t discovered the game yet. Which do you think is the better time investment for them?

Plus it’s all about activity on social media. More activity & more people talking about something gets other people thinking “what’s going on there? Looks like a happening place to be. Maybe I should check it out. Look at all those followers. What am I missing out on?” You’re walking down the street and see a big crowd hanging out somewhere and chances are you’re going to go see what all the hubbub is all about.

The information will be posted here on the forums. It always is. As @Ivar said you’re turning it into a personal slight that isn’t there or intended. We’ll get the full info here soon enough. It’s not like they posted to social media then implemented the update already without posting all the details here.

5 Likes

That’s what I read as silly. We forum users are a small percentage of the players, it absolutely should have been on social media but it also absolutely should have been posted here too. I’m not salty bashing but as someone who hates social media and reluctantly ends up using it I just expect them to cover all bases, hell, we even have this reddit crap as well now. The official forum should get official news and information first or at least the same time. Just my opinion.

6 Likes

If the patch notes are released on Twitter before they are posted here. Then I’ll get my pitchfork out. The devs have the right to share whatever info they want where they want to. To criticize the behavior is at first understandable. You don’t like something. Well this is why they do it. Still having an issue with it just sounds entitled AF. Would you rather that no information is given to us prior to release of things? Sirrian released a teaser about the orbs on here. But when you read the comments from the post it’s more complaining than anything else. If you want more Spoilers or Sneak Peaks on the forums then we all need to appreciate the information that is shared here more often. POSITIVE reinforcement. And don’t act like adolescent children every time your sibling gets a toy and you don’t.

3 Likes

Well if you post something without information it leave room for speculation, i readed that post and i don’t see complain, i just see people worried about rewards and it’s normal when you can win something every week you don’t want it to be reduce every 3 weeks. Morale of the story, post all the infos at the same time or don’t post anything

1 Like

Give it to me exactly the way I want it or not at all?
Come on man. :person_facepalming:
You have to know how entitled that statement sounds.

4 Likes

Well what the point to post only fraction of the info? They clearly want us to speculate :slight_smile:

Surprised no one has talked about the Boss chest tab. This looks a lot like Guild tasks - more wins result in the Guild boss chest getting upgraded. However unlike Guild tasks, there is a timer limit before you can do more Boss fights. At the end of the week, the Boss chest reward would depend on how many wins the guild has managed, similar to guild chests.

1 Like

My guess is you will get a chest token when you kill a boss and get % chance to win some rewards depending of the boss difficulty

Untitled

11 Likes

Another interesting point is the currency used to purchase more Boss fights. I suspect it will be glory given they will now be releasing 2 troops per week instead of 1.

Yeah i was thinking about gems to refill if there is a way to buy more fight. It would be nice if you could unlock more boss battles with the number of troops you kill in any game mode, similar as when you upgrade the soulforge, it could be interesting

Unless Zulgoth’s HP/Armor reaches into the thousands, its not going to be a problem. Its mostly color blocked as is.

1 Like

All I know is that people will complain that it’s way too easy or way too hard. There’s no way to get it just right for everyone.

3 Likes

I just want something fun to play

3 Likes

Do you really believe the fight, as pictured above, is the hardest form of the boss that if beaten offers guild rewards equivalent to a guild anywhere in Bracket 1 of Guild Wars? There’s no way the devs believe that pictured fight is difficult enough to be worth at least 300 gems (or something of equivalent value) to each player in a guild.

1 Like