Raid Boss Teasing

Easy killer. Salty wants us to follow them on FB and Twitter. The more people follow the game. The more popular it looks. So she puts stuff like that on social media as incentive for us to support GoW.
But it always makes it way the forums anyway. I assure you she means well by it.

18 Likes

1st place goes up 2 except for top 3 brackets iirc.

The 1st number is how many are done, 2nd is how many are CURRENTLY available based on 5 * members currently in the guild.

If you have 30 in, 15 do their fights, and then those 15 leave, and no one replaces them, and the other 15 do their fights, it will show as 150/75.

So, if they have 150/140 it means 2 people have done their GW fights, and then left the guild for whatever reason, and everyone else has also done their GW fights.

i saw leaderboard. is this a modified version of GW without the players set the defense? does the rewards depend on leaderboard rank? will the reward hugely rewards the very top guilds and tiny rewards for others like in GW?

Just judging by the twitter gif, Raid bosses look easy. Canā€™t wait.

It has nothing to do with respect or disrespect, Salty just have a wide public and a work that involves all channels available. Which means sometimes she needs to dedicate some juicy news outside our little playground here. Itā€™s very commom in every other game, we are justā€¦ ā€œspoiledā€ā€¦ over everything that we always had and take for granted.

Also, the devs just released the game in chinese with Shentang and all, so handing out news by twitter surely would reach their new market better wouldnā€™t you agree? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I see no reason why information canā€™t be posted on their official forum.

4 Likes

I agree 1000000%, also skip FB as well as we should not be required to give a company that much information about ourselves so they can sell it to whomever they want to keep up with what is happening with the future of the game.

4 Likes

Yep! THAT is why most Brands, Celebrities, and Politicians pay for followers. Itā€™s about perception just like any PR effort.

To @Nephilim relax, anything posted else where will find its way to this forum rather quickly.

3 Likes

I get that but as forum regulars it personally makes me feel like a third rate citizen. I hate Facebook and twitter to be truthful.

12 Likes

This.
I have no social media things whatsoever. No facebook, instagram, twitter, whatever. I just donā€™t. But I understand the need to post these things there. And thereā€™s nothing wrong with that. Promoting a game is important.

However, I absolutely fail to see why posting these things on the social media channels makes the devs unable to post them here at the same time. The forum should always be the first place to go for information. I have no issue with these things also being posted in the other places - why would I? - but I have an issue with them not being posted here by the devs.

Why is it up to the users to put these things here? Feels likeā€¦ I dunno. Itā€™s like going to a restaurant and they tell you that you should have looked up their menu online as they donā€™t have them in the actual restaurant anymore.

15 Likes

Famous last words :laughing:

Did you not consider the possibility that the raid boss scales with the progression of the raid for that week and that the screenshot of was of a low-level Zuulā€™Goth?

Thereā€™s no way that the top-tier rewards for each weekā€™s raid are going to be trivially achieved by GoWā€™s functional equivalent of ā€œauto-battlingā€ by level 1000+ players.

But, hey, that was a nice dream though. :grinning:

3 Likes

Spot on as usual Sheba, and put very well. Iā€™m too grumpy to post anything in detail. Whatā€™s the point, devs canā€™t, so why should I?

4 Likes

If they posted stuff here first thereā€™s no reason for people to view it on social media and it looks less active there. I also donā€™t use any social media both for privacy reasons & no desire to deal with it. Obviously lots of people do so they need to advertise how they see fit. (I still donā€™t understand why anyone would follow companies like McDonalds or the home depot but whatever - it must work for them).

So what if you miss a little spoiler that really doesnā€™t give you any info at all? The fact is everything will get posted here to see afterwards and before it releases.

5 Likes

When they post weekly event, they only
Need to push a button and it will post in Facebook, twitter and forum at the same time. They could do the same with these spoilers

3 Likes

Thereā€™s every reason to post here and on social media. Thatā€™s a silly opening sentence.
As sheba says, not everyone has social media and I donā€™t spend all my time on it either. I had no idea that new snippets had been posted. As someone whoā€™s invested a lot time into the game and the forum I expected to be informed on the official forum. Whether its first, third, second or whatever, I donā€™t care. I just think its reasonable to expect information from the pr person to pr the information here.

Because your ego is convincing you to take things personaly, when in truth, they arenā€™t. Simply as that.
But you are free to create and, suffer from, any sort of torture on your own mind. Do as you please. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no ego involved. Itā€™s just poor form imo. Iā€™m not alone in this thinking.

7 Likes

Some time ago i decided to try and not give much more than two posts about what others feel.
After that itā€™s all up to them. Itā€™s my way to respect both sides, iā€™ll respect your decision to pursue any path you desire, no matter how futile or destructive it would seen to me (and thatā€™s a subjective matter), while at the same time i respect myself by not wasting my time with anyone that is not interested (not that anyone owns me, or anyone else, anything).

Do as you please. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Come on guys we just discussing no need to be hostile

3 Likes

For the social media issue, I get what everyone is trying to say here. Itā€™s suck for sure to not get all the infos available on official forum. But these twitter spoiler is not that crucial, right?

I mean, itā€™s just some fun Screenshot Saturday thing. Itā€™s a screen cap from unreleased mode with no infos whatsoever. All we could do about it is speculation, which we end up doing it here anyway. So why is it matter who will post it? If enough people want to talk about it, it will happen eventually.

The long important infos, like new upgrade manu, is posted here by the Dev teamselves, with all the deep infomation. They donā€™t even post it to anywhere else, because they want discussion, which mainly happened here. Weā€™re the main target for that kind of posts, like the quick no-text screenshot spoiler is aimed for social media.

Back to the topic, Iā€™m really curious how this mode would play out. It would likely require the same amount of battle time like Guild War, consider it is a replacement of it. I like the strategic way of play on GW, so I hope this mode will bring out more variety to the game!

8 Likes