Psion, the camera prank

Currently:

Dwarven Gate
Lord Ironbeard
King Highforge
Lady Ironbeard

1 Like

That is the design intent of the game and it’s asymmetrical balance. It’s rock, paper, scissors and you get to see what the opponent is throwing. At least that’s how I’ve always seen the game and how it’s designed. Maybe i’m wrong.

2 Likes

I will agree if “Scout” didn’t exist. I mean it’s like rock, paper, scissors where you can see what the other player is going to play… It’s easy to win with paper when you know that your opponent is playing rock…
So in fact it’s quite ironic: players who want difficulty are also the fans of the counter teams. So yeah it’s easy to win with the best counter.

Some players maybe don’t know but Scouting was added one year after the game release (patch 1.0.7 apparently). Without knowing the enemy team, no “use this troop” advice possible.

Will you have the same point of view if we didn’t have Scouting?

I don’t agree that Psion or any other annoying card should be nerfed or deleted but facing the same build over and over does get annoying. Refreshing is not a solution when you get offered same builds either. Sometime you get to fight the very same player 2 matches after you’ve fought him.

The issue is not scouting the issue is being offered similar builds to fight over and over.

Noooooooooo then people will want to nerf my salad! I love my salad and dont want him harmed!

1 Like

You know what I meant, we not much of whinerdogs mate!!

i’m still asking myself, what is the camera the op was talking about?

It was a Nikon B500…

One of many such shows (Wikipedia has an entire category dedicated to them)

YES!!! At risk of starting an argument here i cant help but say you have stumbled upon the exact answer to the “problem”! In just about any contest where there is an opponent both sides (when one isnt controlled by ai) battle to counter their opponent and counter their opponents counter and then counter-counter the counter… Sounds stupid i know but its true.

When the contest involves player vs. Ai the rules change a bit. The ai cant exactly counter… It has to work with what it has and since the player chooses the battle (presumably after scouting for best option) it is incumbent on the player to counter the obstacle set before him/her.

The easy answer is this, there is a reasonable counter to EVERYTHING in this game for anyone willing to put in the effort and clever enough to build it… I have 26 team slots and im sure many have more and those should be utilized to counter any build that is swamping the meta!

So the dont be lazy argument applies here. As for the argument of “new players cant counter the meta” how many new players are consistently fighting the meta without actively seeking it out?

Tl;dr yoda says “counter the counter and counter again”

1 Like

And with that, i shall take my leave of this thread…

Why, its an very entertaining thread? I had some great laughs here.

Well because i just know this is going to lead to ppl calling me a troll and stupid and my opinions dont matter even tho i was not confrontational with my post. And next thing you know someone is gonna start flagging posts and the thread will be locked and i dont need that irritation in my life… I have said my peace and im out

Dont fear the soft club. how many times do I have to tell you this???

No fear just no more patience for it

1 Like

To counter you often need to trait a troop till 2nd or even 3rd slot. If you mean resistances or effects that either slow or weaken the enemy.
Although I don’t know what resistances help vs mana reduction and devour.
Or what spells. Shield?

I have many team slots too, but the troops that are fully traited are way not enough to fill even the half of that.

So, nice speech but one has to go with what one has available ^^

P.S.: But I also don’t complain about Psion or the other mana reduction dudes.
Devour is what I dislike. With Psion or even Famine (Famine, pffft… Mab annoys me more) I know what happens but devour (and similar effects)… it’s too random. At least deathmark is so weak (such a bad trigger chance), I don’t care about randomly getting death marked xD

For pvp everyone has scout available and 3 choices plus a refresh option…

For GW do you have spirit fox? How bout manticore? Moloch? Those are all good at countering devour…

Guess i spoke too soon…

I agree with you: using counter makes the battle easy, could even be trivial.

But, in which contest one side (ie here the player) has an obvious advantage (ie know the team of the opponent)? It’s like if you play Magic and before the match you can check the deck of your opponent (in fact, I’m really not an expert of this game and I could said BS, if so forget about it :stuck_out_tongue: ).

But just imagine that you don’t have Scout (like when the game started). There is no way to counter as you don’t know the team that you are going to fight.
If you cannot counter, will you think that some of these troops are too strong and should be nerfed?

In my case, it’s pure laziness because it’s faster to fight with my overall good team and retreat if it’s not going well than switching for another team.
But some players could not have the good troops/traits to have a good counter. So not only laziness.