Please do something about summon spam

11,000,000,000 combinations of 4 troops actually takes quite a while to decipher with new troops being added weekly.
The world has become exactly what you want it to be. If this gem matching game that makes me think so high of myself is too hard for you, maybe you should find a different hobby.

Some have no problem with the Meta. Others have problems because they refuse to find any counter themselves. Eventually they will figure it out but not because they do any work but because some will share the teams. Next week there will be a new Meta and we will start the process once again. Come to forums and demand changes because it is too hard while others are kicking 30/0 in the tough B1 Wars nearly every single week. I bet someone is putting up easy Def for them because no way they are beating up on Life Death. Wait they can’t put up easy Def because the schedule is random. Well then it must be lucky guess. :joy:

If it’s so easy why do you even give a flip if it changes? I mean damn, if you’re 30/0 every GW, why even bother playing the game? Clearly you’ve ascended beyond its challenges and you should move on to something that properly utilizes you instead of sticking around to pat yourself on the back for kicking puppies.

I’m just having trouble figuring out what your skin in the game is. Any time anyone mentions a troop change, you’re here to remind everyone you never lose at this game. Think back over every TV show you’ve watched. Has anyone in the history of anything ever liked that guy? And did it ever turn out to be true?

Some want a little bit of a challenge. You obviously are not one of them. Some people like to play checkers while others prefer chess. Nothing wrong with checkers but it does get a little boring from time to time. I’m actually not here that often. You are the one that lives on the forum not me. You want anything that requires any thinking at all to be Nerfed til it’s useless. The Devs have already reduced the % of summon but I guess that wasn’t good enough. That Def was not even the top Def in the guild I’m in. It was 2 guild Wars ago but some have learned how to beat it so it has diminishing rewards.

1 Like

Right. I’m trying to figure out why you’re so set on avoiding a challenge. If you never lose, there’s not a lot of reason to stick around, yes? Leave this game to the people who still struggle with it. Or are you one of those people who fears a challenge?

Struggle with a match 3 game? Good grief! Get a grip. If I complained as much as some I would have found another game long ago.i never said it wasn’t a challenge. what I said is some of us have a guild that works hard to find a counter to what ever Meta there is while others come here and demand changes because it’s too hard. Put some work in to find a counter just like the rest of us do.

1 Like

Funny how a thread about summon being lame/bugged turned again into a L&D/counter to it thread (with a lot ot epeen on it too).

But let me take advantage of the presence of 2 Gods, posted a video back then and it got “forgotten” with a WRONG xplanation (multiple skull matches that there wasnt), let me post it again togheter with another one, and let’s see if the Gods can tell me how it is possible:

1 skull match (+1 skull destroyed by explosion so 2 damage sources at best) 3 spiders summoned (while hero took ZERO damage):

Again ZERO damage on hero and spider summoned:

Could take lot more videos like that but no point, 2 are more than enough.
So my “problem” with Orbweaver isnt the L&D team lol, but the summoning of spiders being BUGGED.

Now if the Gods can give a REAL explanation to why that happen maybe i can agree that Orbweaver is perfectly fine.

3 Likes

No where did I argue that this game is not bugged, but this thread was about spawns from orbweaver as written by the author which is able to be beaten with the right counter teams in gw.
Bugs on the other hand are a different story and a different thread. Are these bugs still happening? The first video was from the skull match at the top with an exploded doomskull for second trigger blowing up a skull above it for the 3rd. As to why the hero took no damage is your bug. The second video I did not want to watch as closely as there were 100 ways to get 1 hit on hero and again as to why hero took no damage I have no clue. Are these recent or has the issue been fixed? I just posted a bug where Cedric kills troops with 150 life with 1 skull hit after an egg thief cast. No response yet.

Since when explosion itself do damage? all damage done is the match with doomskull (first trigger) and the 1 damage from the exploded skull (second trigger), the skull match damage actually gone to the first spider, however here how doomskull matches work:

I dont see all those “triggers” in fact in that specific case even the skull on the right destroyed by doomskull explosion got added to the skull match damage, you can clearly see a -9 , not 3 then 5 then 1, when there multiple separate skull matches made by let’s say Ishi you will see the damage of each popping up and not the total of all of them.

the “2 spiders with 1 ropedart cast” got explained when they said the strip armor actually do 1k damage to it.

As for “still happening” i am leaning toward yes seen the amount of spiders that sometimes pop in 1 move and how Orbweavers often look more tanky than a Sentinel to kill (i am just always ropedart when getting to r1 in pvp, orbweaver should die in MAX 3/4 skull matches but often take LOT more, not that really matter anyway with ropedart, just wasting more time).

The skull damage that went to the spider was from a cascade after the fact. When you casted ish they only had hero in play and your only skull match/explosion of a skull was up top. Skull match/doomskull/exploded skull.
That video you just posted was to a troop with 9 total health and ish has 42 attack. Why would it show more than 9? Or less than when your initial hit was 42?

Ops, true, my bad, tried to reproduce in pvp but is a royal pain have the right match and a full enemy at same time so gave up but got “lucky” while doing delve event:

There’s no extra skull next to the doomskull so isnt the exact same but still you can see that the 3 match with doomskull dont pop 2 separate damages but the +5 is included to the match, hence at max (if happen i get the exact same sit will take another video) there was just 2 triggers.

So let alone the non damage taken also the 3 spiders on first video make no sense.

As promised, a doomskull match with another skull in explo range, still a single damage pop up (IF then come out that there’s multiple hidden damages behind the scene that on screen are just showed as one just mean they should rethink the whole “do crap when taking damage” imo).

It is only showing the total amount of damage and not the instances. If it were only 1 source then a barriered troop would not die to a board full of doomskulls. The troop would just take the 1 big hit to its barrier and it would have to cascade other skull matches to do any damage to the troop.

Never seen a “board full of doomskulls” where everything is connected and pop an insane high number as total damage.

Seen instead multiple time several damage pop ups after converting.

But let’s assume it work like you said, only mean that talents like Orbweaver (and bard, that one too can fill the screen of golems) are really fked up, bandits are a joke compared.

Ps: you know what? nvm, it’s a don quixxotte (ik it’ spelled wrong :p) odissea try to find some sense in that game mechanic/bug, tried to reproduced the “full of doomskulls board vs barrier” and results got ZERO sense, first time enemy hero lost the barrier and got 37 damage and i couldnt find a way about how that number came out but the “end” explain everything:

Hero with 5 armor and 61 hp die and as only damage pop up there’s a 10.

Basically 90% of what we see on screen is smoke on the eyes seem.

Bandits are definately a joke compared to damage spawned troops. Only 1 trigger per troop death for bandits. Damage spawns can trigger repeatedly for many different instances of damage making it way worse than bandits.

5 Likes

Yeah honestly I don’t even consider bandits a problem anymore.

Whether it is in the end really overpowered or not, it is just annoying and reminds me of that Dragon Soul thing where the damn thing just kept forever respawning until it just wasn’t funny anymore.

The problem is, there currently is just so much over and underpowered stuff.
Some of the summons coming from Champion levels for the classes seem particularly egregious though, given that you get things like a low one time boost to armor or life next to those ridiculous summoning abilities or the “get barrier whenever you match brown gems” one.

I mean, sure, I understand that balance is a bit hard to achieve, but guys, at least try, okay? ^^ ;

I think diminishing returns on the summoning rates would honestly be best, keep the strategy viable, but avoid the ridiculous endless loops.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for saying this a couple days late, but it was stronger than me: would anyone dare say that to Roger Federer?

Instead of retiring after reaching the top, the advise should be if you’re the best at something stop doing it for free haha

So a few months back the Goblin Thief and the Naga Assassin get Bandit nerf down from 50% to 35%, but of course some think the 50% Elven summon is ok. Orcs don’t even get a Hero class until 2020 at the earliest. This game’s racial discrimination burns me up.

Back when the Kraken got nerfed, it went from all 4/5 matches did dmg to just once per board. I don’t see why the Elf dmg tic couldn’t work the same way. But then, I don’t know how to program computers. I only know how to bash them with my Orcish warhammer.

gl hf

I just had a battle where the hero (not an Orbweaver) had barrier and hunter’s mark. My egg thief cast, dmg removed barrier and cascade caused skull 60 dmg. Two golems spawned after the skull dmg. Why 2? Because of the hunters mark? It was only 1 skull hit on the board. I saved the clip just in case the developers are still looking into this, and this thread isn’t considered ‘resolved’.

For the horde

1 Like