Petition for the removal of minor traitstones from Legendary Tasks

100% removal of minor stones. Also I cringe every time I see Glory as a reward to.
Glory anyone??

1 Like

I actually like and can use the glory stillā€¦

1 Like

While weā€™re at it, can I request again that they please either remove seals from the picture of possible rewards, OR actually add them to the pool of actual rewards? I canā€™t believe this hasnā€™t been addressed yet.

3 Likes

Youā€™re asking that they remove something and put in something we know nothing about. Maybe patience would be a virtue here.

Touched on this before. Currently, anyone reaching legendary tasks gets more minors per week on average than it takes to trait anything released from gold keys from the tasks that must be completed to reach legendary tasks, let alone other sources and farming them. If you need them now, but you stay in any guild that completes brown 6 and have even minimal glory pack purchases, you eventually will not need them, thats all it takes. Granted, it will take quite a while starting at zero with no gameplay to supplement, but when you have ā€œenoughā€ minors, you have ā€œenoughā€ forever, even given near zero actual gamplay. This makes them a dead end resource. In order for this to change and have them not be a dead end resource, crafting will need to constantly and steadily sink them from the economy by being able to turn them into something that is not a dead end. Since every traitstone is a dead end resource to some degree to all players reaching the LT level consistently (usually - majors, then minors, then celestial, then arcanes, then runics, the order of the last 3 counting only post economy fix and depending on your level of play and VIP level), crafting different rarities traitstones is irrelevant for keeping minors in LTs at this stage unless they eventually feed into something else entirely, and of sufficient quantities to not be dead ends anymore while also not making the thing they feed into a dead end and keeping it available to the entire playerbase.

Iā€™m for waiting to see what crafting brings to this, but Iā€™m thinking that they would need to sink such quantities of minors in a short order for them to be relevant at all that their overall purchasing power would be so low as to still be groan inducing when you get them in an LT. Maybe not ā€œactually worthlessā€, like they are now, but ā€œfunctionally useless in quantities givenā€. For example, craft minor into majors into runics into arcanes into jewels into weapons/troops. If you are suddenly need hundreds of extra minors exclusively per week to get some other thing you couldnā€™t get otherwise, youā€™ve activated a long term sink that will take months or even years to drain long term players while players that havenā€™t been playing as long will be consistently frustrated at not being able to reach the mark, which I donā€™t see happening.

To that end, it probably will be worth revisiting this topic when crafting comes out, and while Iā€™m willing to bet it will still not preferable to any degree to obtain minors as a reward when completing Legendary tasks, Iā€™ll probably no longer be able to claim that they are essentially disguised null drops from a mathematical standpoint, like they are now. I may or may not still have an objection when I run the numbers post crafting. My main issue is having functional zeros on a random reward table is one of the worst things ever from a satisfaction standpoint, and the table should have been balanced without having the zeros on them if that is what was needed, and claiming that they are not functional zeros would be completely disingenuous. For guilds just starting on legendary tasks, this is a motivation killer that stagnates growth.

Glory may not have much purchasing power, but it does have some. You can never have too much glory so long as you can convert glory to event keys, and use event keys for an event legendary instead of gems. Although a single copy of an event legedendary in a two legendary kingdom will generally run you around 15k glory and a lot of clicks to buy all those keys and it is random. On any of the given tables, raw glory is actually a better reward than Glory Keys - same functional quantity, better variety of purchasing power. In order for Glory to be not relevant at all, you need to be able to sustainably obtain every troop to mythic when it releases plus every new mythic with whatever you happen to have weekly without the glory, and at that point nothing is relevant because you already have everything forever so long as you can sustain that baseline. And not even that baseline is sustainable indefinitely, because when more legendaries enter the drop pool on a given kingdom, the price goes up again, unlike the total average trait costs of troops introduced over a period of time, which has remained mostly static since the introduction of mythics (gone down a bit since we normally get 1 troop per week, in fact).

3 Likes

i myself have a few spare purples :sunglasses:

spare purples

i think a 1 new gem per minor could be a good trade rateā€¦

4 Likes

Bumping this so it doesnt fade into obscurity

I also find it interesting the absence of some voices i was sure would have a strong opinion one way or the other on thisā€¦

People please dont let your dislike of me specifically stop you from making your voice heard on this! As long as any disagreements dont devolve into callouts and name calling i welcome every side of the discussion!

1 Like

@Mithran
Nice write up! Thatā€™s more text than I type in a monthšŸ˜‹

Just something to consider that hasnā€™t been mentioned: Minors might be a integrated method to dilute the value of Legendary Tasks to help keep top Guilds from running away with resources. Keep in mind after the new system was in place there were NO LTā€™s at all, this system was implemented specifically to curtail the top Guilds gathering speed. LT were just a response to give them something to put Gold into.

I finished one today and had 20 little purples. Thatā€™s really annoying when Iā€™ve got almost ten thousand gold chests to open thatā€™s going to give me a shed load more. Minor and majors shouldnā€™t be in. Itā€™s insulting.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be it said that Legendary Tasks are to be the best tasks going they sure as hell are not, yeah you can get legendary troops, yeah you can get mythic troops etc etc but with the amount that goes into normal tasks for said resources vastly outweigh the resources gained from legendary tasks very very very far! Lke 40 minors and 20 glory keys 100 Glory? Not funny something needs to be done seen 0 gems from legendary tasks as my guildā€™s left 'em from constant crap that we get from them even though we only manage 1 a week itā€™s still just MEH!

1 Like

Legendary Tasks were NEVER EVER designed to be the best Tasks, far from it. Its just a silly name for a few extra resources top Guilds can obtain by spending extra Gold after the limitless resource firehose was turned off.

Iā€™m just explaining how things are, Iā€™m not agreeing or disagreeing with the developers decisions.

3 Likes

Exactly right. The return on investment diminishes with each level of guild tasks, and so it should be (and is) with legendary tasks as well.

2 Likes

Seems counter-intuitive tho

I donā€™t think so (aside from the name). If the ROI increased with each task, then the biggest and best guilds would get an exponentially larger advantage over everyone else. If you think poaching is a problem now, imagine what it would be like if LTā€™s gave a return like the 1st few levels of guild tasks. LTā€™s need to provide an outlet for excess gold, not create a bottomless goldmine.

2 Likes

Ok thats a good point bit minor traitstones? I got 30 minor greens yesterday now if you figure the investment is 1/30 of 1M is 33,333 gold. If they offered 30 minors 2 glory keys and 7 event keys for 33,333 gold would you buy it?

No, probably not, but Iā€™m actually buying a lotto ticket for 33,333 gold which might give me that stuff or a combination of arcanes, gems or a mythic which I would gladly pay 33,333 gold for.

I havenā€™t opened a legendary myself in 5 months, but from what I see my wife getting, Iā€™d say the balance is pretty good overall. Sometimes itā€™s meh and sometimes itā€™s exciting.

Iā€™m pretty sure the inclusion of Minor Traitstones was due to the avalanche of threads at a time where Minors (especially Minor Fires) were scarce at endgame.

I think the need for them has been drastically reduced (though thatā€™s partially due to their ubiquity in Legendary tasks, so yay it worked?) and since early 2016, people have been asking for Minors to be removed from these tasks.

6 Likes

However, my thread that you quoted was never about wanting minors in Legendary tasks, it is also a very old thread. I was never in for this idea.

I would say the reason for the change was they changed the way traitstones were given in pvp. Before the color(s) of the stone was determined by home kingdom of opponent and since most ppl set whitehelm the minors were always yellow.once they changed it to a random color everyone started getting more variety which fixed the scarcity problem of minor everything except yellow.

So i would say the presence of minors in LTs isnt the hero even if it was intended to be.

Thatā€™s true for Fires specifically, yes. I think that corrected for the imbalance of Minors by color ā€“ that and the fact that they stopped making all Red/Xxx troops take Minor Fire. Overall, though, it was certainly true that Minors were scarce relative to need, especially when compared to Majors.

None of this is to disagree with your view (I agree with you, in fact); itā€™s just to provide perspective on how we got to where we are.

2 Likes