GoW: ToDo Monitor

Yes, you have to add these lines in database.xml manually (before the last line).
It will add these troops so you will have to do for each new troops.

This software was done when the main gamefile was not crypted and at this time it look for all the troops according to this file. The “database.xml” file is the best solution that I found…

2 Likes

Cool, just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t mess up the whole thing. Thanks again, this is really useful! =)

Alright, now that I’ve got the hang of it, I have 2 suggestions:

1. Like with troop levels, I’d love to see up and down arrows for each of the traitstones for easy updating while I’m playing. If it works with mouse wheel as well, even better!

I’m not sure if I’m doing it right, but I understand I’m supposed to keep my traitstones up-to-date… Best way in my opinion is to add 1 every time I get a new stone. Not sure how the cool kids are doing it, though.

1. A toggleable option that auto-updates your traitstone count when you mark/unmark a trait as being complete.

Would that be possible? I wonder what other people think of those ideas.

Have I thanked you enough? I guess not! Thanks again for this! =)

I update count of traitstones from time to time. Usually once per month or when I buy bigger amount from glory packs.

2 Likes

You’re welcome ;-).

I also update the traitstones only when I need to use this feature.

But if you need I add in this new version: http://www.megafileupload.com/7ze0/GoWToDov2.1c.exe

1. replace the line edit for spinbox so arrows+mouse wheel (thanks Qt)
  2. always add/remove traitstones when you uncheck/check traits. But the number of traitstones that you have cannot be negative.
3 Likes

Wow, that was fast! Thanks!

Since I use two monitors, it’s really easy to update my traitstones on the go, since using the wheel doesn’t make the game lose focus. And when I add a trait to a troop, it’s a lot easier to keep it updated as well.

You’re awesome!

1. There’s something crazy going on, though. When I updated the file, I accidentally overwrote the database file (not config :slight_smile: ), which still doesn’t have the new Adana troops. I’ve manually added them, and the number of owned traitstones used by those 3 troops went up like crazy.

2. Also, I think the automatic update on the number of owned traitstones when you add/remove traits should be a toggle option (like a checkbox somewhere?). Why? Because some people might not update traits and traitstones on the go, and maybe update them in different times.

Hope I could make myself clear enough :slight_smile:

EDIT: Another bug I’ve noticed: All my troops with any “reserved traits” had their already unlocked traits changed to reserved.

EDIT 2: This is happening every time I reload the app, and, yes, I’m saving config file

Spent the last half hour setting it up. It’s a good tool :wink:

The trouble for me was that i only have 1 screen, so i couldn’t have both windows open. That made the process a bit tedious.
Also, had to click every trait a second time, when i noticed the power levels were off. Made traits reserved, instead of already traited :sob:
Great tool, will give feedback when i have the time to explore it tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedbacks.

1. check if these troops are not already present in the file. Else, I will need screenshots, plz.
  2. If people updates at different times, they have to write every traitstones again. So if the automatic update is there or not, it’s the same for them.
  3. correct it: http://www.megafileupload.com/ka5h/GoWToDov2.1c.exe
    I just remind that the reserved traits are used for the “ToLvlMax…” feature.

@Scala : the traitstones were firstly added just to show how much you need. After, I add the planning feature and so on the traitstones that you have. But yes it’s quite inconvenient to update them all the time. So maybe you can update once by month when you want to trait your troops. The “ToLvlMax…” is done to choose the best set of traits to max one kingdom or to level up.
I will certaintly update my traitstones next week because I will drop the last Dragon’s Claw troops that I am missing. And after maybe in two months :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

It all looks perfect to me now! I think the previous problem was related to some completed traits showing up as reserved traits.

Thank you very much again =)

I’d recommend changing DRACOS 1337’s name from DRACOS1337 to Dracos1337 in the future, so it gets sorted properly (I did in my file now). Since the program breaks the word before each capital letter, it gets sorted as “D R A C O S 1337”, showing before troops like Death and Deep Boarer.

Another suggestions (sorry):

1. A filter similar to CanDoTrait, called CanDoReserved, only for reserved traits, BUT considering only the specific trait’s requirements and current total traitstones owned, IGNORING all other reserved traitstones.

Why? I currently have 45 reserved traits. For example, I have enough stones to unlock DRACOS 1337’s final trait, but there’s no easy way to see it as CanDoTrait, because I need a total of more Celestials and Arcane Plains for other traits than the total I have.

1. Add a prompt to save config file upon closing. I’m really scared of closing without saving :blush:

Also, yet another suggestion: add a donation button somewhere :wink:

Bug report: whenever I change the level of a troop, my inventory of traitstones changes by the amount needed to fully trait that troop. If I use the mouse wheel to adjust in either direction, it increases my inventory. When I manually edited the text field to lower a troop by one level while double checking everything, the traitstones needed to fully trait the troop were subtracted from my inventory.

Feature request: A button that gives the cheapest way to get a kingdom’s power to the next or a specified star level.

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed that. But it’s true, except that decreasing/increasing inventory doesn’t seem to be related to how you change it, but it seems related to how many unlocked traits that troop has. If they’re all unlocked, my inventory decreases. If they’re not, my inventory increases. Can you confirm that?

I had all traits unlocked on the troop that I manually edited. So that lines up with your observations.

New release v2.1d: http://www.megafileupload.com/omxU/GoWToDov2.1d.exe

1. Please change the name of DRACOS1337 like that in the database.xml file:
    <Dracos1337 nameFile="Troop_K01_08" baseRarity="Legendary" primaryColor="Yellow" secondaryColor="Purple" thirdColor="" kingdom="Adana"/>

In fact, DRACOS1337 will put him first in the ‘D’ name…
This change will consider it as a new troop so you will lost your information about this troop…

1. Add a filter “CanDoReservedT”. So it keeps only the troops with at least one reserved trait unlockable.

2. Add a message before leaving to ask if you want to save or not.

3. Bug corrected. It was because of the special case when a troop is decreased to level 0 where the traits are locked and so it triggers the function that add/remove traitstones… Not anymore :slight_smile: . If you reduce the level of a troop already traited, it will give you back the traitstones of these traits.

Enjoy ;-).

5 Likes

Thanks for all the fixes! I’ve found a new(?) bug, though:

When a troop has all traits reserved, if you change the first one to “unlocked” and then clear the checkbox, traits 2 and 3 also get cleared, which should be fine, except that it adds to your collection the stones used for unlocking traits 2 and 3 as well, as if they had been unlocked before.

This is hard to explain, so here’s how to reproduce it:

1. Select a troop with no trait unlocked and RESERVE all of its traits.
  2. Take note of your owned traitstone count and mark the first trait as unlocked. See how the number of stones decreases correctly here.
  1. Take note of your currently owned stones again. Then, uncheck the first trait, so that it’s not reserved, nor unlocked. See how traits 2 and 3 got unchecked as well, and how your total stone count went up compairing with the starting value.

Okay thanks ;-).

So two solutions in this case:

1. Trait 1 become a Reserved trait because Trait 2 & 3 are Reserved. In this case, you can only uncheck Trait 1 if Trait 2 & 3 are also unchecked.
    OR
  2. Trait 2 & 3 are unckecked.

What do you think about that?

1 Like

I think it might be confusing for some users if traits 2 and 3 cannot be unchecked, I don’t know. I personally like the way it is (traits 2 and 3 being unchecked as well), but without the increase in the traitstones you have. But I understand if option 2 is hard to implement, so I’d be fine with option 1.

Both options are easy to do ;-).

Let’s say you want to reserve Trait 3 and due to a mistake, you check Trait 1. You may prefer option 1. But yes, for someone that don’t know about it, he will be blocked…

Maybe all the reserve feature should be optional.

1 Like