GoW: ToDo Monitor

If you do that, you can just reserve the traits again. It’s easier to fix then managing amounts of traistones :smile:

Okay I did according to option 2 ;-).

http://www.megafileupload.com/syYy/GoWToDov2.1d.exe

2 Likes

Seems to be completely bug-free now! =)

New lines of the week:

<Couatl nameFile="Troop_K24_04" baseRarity="Epic" primaryColor="Yellow" secondaryColor="Purple" thirdColor="" kingdom="DragonsClaw"/>
<DragonianRogue nameFile="Troop_K24_06" baseRarity="UltraRare" primaryColor="Blue" secondaryColor="Purple" thirdColor="" kingdom="DragonsClaw"/>
7 Likes

I’m curious about the criteria used for a traitstone to show as red or green.

First of all, I understand colors always consider the currently selected filter.

I assumed white is for when you need 0 of that given traitstone (maybe also when needed = owned).
I thought red was when owned < needed, and green would be when owned > needed.

But that doesn’t seem to be this way all the time. For example, on my reserved traits I need a total of 60 Minor Magic stones. I have 72, and it’s still red (even when reloading the program or changing filters). It only changes to green when I say that I have 120 Minor Magic.

Not sure if this is not working as it was intended to, or if I misunderstood the meaning of the colors.

Thanks in advance!

Yes there is something unclear: this feature takes the reserved traitstones into account ;-).
White: this traitstone is not used by this set of troops.
Red: owned < needed + reserved
Green: owned >= needed + reserved
You can’t see the reserved traitstones for the sake of “readability”. In fact, you can if you select the “ReservedTrait” filter.

The color feature is updated when you choose a new set of troops (kingdoms or filters) or when your look at one trait. And, this feature was done specially for the 2nd case. Because, when you are going to trait a troop, you want to be sure that you are not going to use traitstones that you required for a reserved trait.

I hope there is no bug this time :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

Oh, I see. So the issue that caused my confusion was similar to the one that made request the CanDoReserved. The problem is that, it counts reserved stones twice (since needed and reserved often intersect) when any of the filters include troops with reserved stones.

Maybe a solution would be to calculate (owned) - (needed) - (reserved) + (reserved being displayed in the current set of troops). Or in other words:

Red: owned < needed + total reserved - displayed reserved
Green: owned >= needed + total reserved - displayed reserved

EDIT: A simpler way to calculate this would be:

Red: owned < needed + hidden reserved
Green: owned >= needed + hidden reserved

Hidden reserrved are reserved stones that aren’t showing in the current filter.

Thanks for finding the bug ;-).
So it should work now:
http://www.megafileupload.com/oqhO/GoWToDov2.1e.exe

I also speed up the start of the application :slight_smile: .

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Wow, now there’s a lot more troops on CanDoTrait =)

EDIT: CanDoTrait now seems to ignore (at least partially) that some stones are reserved… I’m sure it wasn’t like this before.

Quick fix:
http://www.megafileupload.com/g20c/GoWToDov2.1e.exe

Thanks for the bug hunting :stuck_out_tongue: . I’m scared of the moment that you will use the ToDo feature… :wink:

2 Likes

I prefer to open look for kingdoms that have X stars and make them go up, so I don’t really use it =p

This feature was done to choose the good set of traits to improve a kingdom according to your available traitstones.

1 Like

I just couldn’t understand how it works. I could only see that it shows what still needs to be done, but I couldn’t find the best way to do it. I’m not the smartest guy around, I didn’t wanna bother asking :wink:

This function was done to choose a list of traits so you can level up your kingdom.

So when you click on it the first question is to know if you want to level up to the max level or only one level.
Say yes to the ascend question, if you think you can ascend soon all your troops. Else say no.
In the top part it indicates how much traits. So you have to select X traits.
You can see all the traits not already done. In fact, not all of them. If for one troop you have unlocked its 1st trait, only the 2nd one will appear. And if you select it, the 3rd one will replace it.
In green, the ones that you can do and in red, the ones that you can do. And the number below the traitstones are the number that you need.
If you check one trait, it’s like you reserve it and it goes up.
In the best case, you don’t need any traitstones. Else you can click on the button “Total of…” to see all the traitstones to do your plan.
Finally, you can click on the Reserve button to reserve all the traits that you have selected.

If you have any questions, please let me know ;-).

2 Likes

Oh, I see. I forgot I had seen this option, thought you were talking about the ToDo filters.

I probably won’t use it for a long time because max level is still way too far for me. I have 10 @ 5*, 2 @ 6*, 6 under 3*, the rest @ 3*. I’m currently putting them all at 3*, then I’ll bring the rest to 5*, and only then I’ll think about 7*.

@turintuor A similar feature but then purely about levels would be cool too. Or an option to sort the kingdoms on least souls required to get to 1, 3 or 5 gold stars…

On some occasions the filter does not reset properly: for example, if I first filter by “Legendary”, then change the filter selection to “ArcaneCheap”, there are no troops shown, because it’s supposedly showing only troops that are both legendary and arcane cheap, but there’s no such thing…

“ArcaneCheap” is a special filter used and tuned for me :slight_smile: . And, it’s working as it should: if you doubleclicke on a traitstone and after you choose “ArcaneCheap”, you can know how much you need to trait the Common/Rare/UltraRare troops using this traitstone.

1 Like

New lines of the week:

<Werewolf nameFile="Troop_K13_07" baseRarity="Epic" primaryColor="Brown" secondaryColor="Purple" thirdColor="" kingdom="Ghulvania"/>
<Villager nameFile="Troop_K13_08" baseRarity="Common" primaryColor="Brown" secondaryColor="" thirdColor="" kingdom="Ghulvania"/>
7 Likes