Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse đŸ”„)

If in a basketball game the attacking player is higher than the defender and puts 2 baskets nothing happens but if you put 30 baskets are removed and you are expelled because the coach put the lowest player to defend, are we crazy?

No if someone got banned it is their fault. I knew about this exploit not long after it came out so I didn’t even collect that mail incase I forgot and collected it a few times.

I find that hard to believe. First of all I highly doubt you got mail 100+ times and secondly the mail with the gems isn’t in with your usual rewards it is in the messages tab so you would have had to go there to claim that mail every time.

3 Likes

Nah they just ban thousands of innocent PC players.

If you didn’t claim you mail 7000 times this wouldn’t be a problem.

3 Likes

Is it too hard to think that a hard working mother who also cares for an aging mother doesn’t carefully read game mail each time? I don’t care what you believe. I know what happened, reported it to my GM, and to one of the games top players - my brother - and asked what should I do. Minutes later it was fixed. Like I said earlier, if I remain banned I can take my hundreds of dollars of monthly GoW support to another game. Fair.

I think I should get a medal for collecting it 7,000 times if you are going to do it go big if people seen how much garbage I got out of those keys they would be appalled the drops from all those keys was the real crime

2 Likes

By a failure of them they can not expel anyone. If we follow that logic they should expel us all for being months playing PcVP. We all gain thousands of resources taking advantage of the bug of the defenses

I’m all for taking the gems / content back but you shouldn’t ban someone for your own mistakes.

On numerous times you have released broken content.

It was your mistake and no rule states you cannot collect rewards you are entitled to.

1 Like

it’s on THEIR end period your game should have eat it took the gems eat the cards people got PROBLEMS ON THEIR END not a ban wave on gem matching game you can be angry people exploited but never should have happened in the first place.

1 Like

Yesterday I received an alert - “get additional diamonds.” In the game I saw a gift list from the server and accepted all the sent gifts. Today at the entrance to the game I see the message: global mail

1 Like

That was unavoidable. If people only wanted to do casual PvP then there got the defense rewards and there was nothing they could do to stop it but this was easy to avoid just STOP COLLECTING THE SAME MAIL 100+ TIMES.

People never should have claimed the same mail over 100 times.

If you did it up to 10 times I would believe that but like Sirrian said the people that got banned did it over 100 times and if you claimed mail 100 times in a day then sorry I just can’t believe you wouldn’t read at least 2 of them and see they are the same mail.

2 Likes

I don’t understand English, I use Google translator

I can not enter the game

You may have been banned for abusing an exploit.

The letter did not say that it was a bug, I accepted gifts from the server, I don’t see my fault in that.

2 Likes

If this is a bug, please roll back the transactions you consider to be wrong. I accepted gifts that were sent from the server, and did not use third-party programs to hack the game.

2 Likes

And like I said, I don’t care what you believe as I know what happened on my side of the game. I am done discussing this with you.

1 Like

Server gives, I accept gifts. What is my fault?

2 Likes

It’s a bit more complicated than that. Note that only those players who excessively abused the exploit AND spent the gems have been banned. Spending gems has side effects on other players.

For the sake of the argument, let’s assume someone managed to get 50k gems out of this, converted them to gold, spent that on legendary tasks and got the whole guild a pile of goodies, including a mythic. That’s a support nightmare, trying to unravel it requires a humongous effort and leaves a lot of burnt ground. If you attempt to remove all indirectly gained benefits, those players will be quite unhappy. If you don’t attempt to remove all indirectly gained benefits, other players will be quite unhappy. You can’t win, you can only try to limit the damage in some way.

So, yes, the ruling in this case is “you got the gems and used them to introduce side effects, you are gone, the side effects stay”. It’s not a perfect solution, there’s really isn’t any. It’s also an automated solution that doesn’t check what the gems were spent on, just that they were spent, so you are allowed to plead your case with support. If the side effects (which take efforts to analyze) can be contained (without taking much further effort), then the ban gets lifted. Only bought a Dragon Armor? Easy to revert. Held a legendary task party? Don’t bother.

6 Likes

For an error of development players pay. Right?

why shouldn’t they have they didn’t hack didn’t cheat in any way only collected mail it’s not cheating it’s a mistake on the developer’s end on a game that has absurd drop rates anyway there’s no rule against collecting mail maybe they shouldn’t have but not against the rules.