Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse šŸ”„)

Um, yes, that is a famous glitch, it allows you swap your opponent team to a easier one which you can beat them easily like a piece of cake. Many people including me tried and confirmed it works. This glitch can be used for pvp, and guild wars. That is the reason why you can see some guy abuse the exploit in pvp with thousands consecutively win without a lose. It is partially fixed now but still works on certain days. I and several other guild leaders know this issue so we warned our members do not spread and abuse this glitch, and we report this to dev, but of course some other guys donā€™t care and abuse it in guild wars and pvp before.

I guess itā€™s a pc thing, i never heard of it

I guess what you need to think about is it potentially affects all the guilds without those players involved too as they have more resources to sink into troops, boosts etc which than unfairly affects everyone. Iā€™m comfortable with the decision they made.

1 Like

So according to a previous thread, the PVP lighthouse cheater was unbanned? Just thought Iā€™d throw this in the mix seeing as the chat has quitened down :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please stay on topic; if you have a new topic, make a new thread. I will caution though that witch hunts are against the rules, so a topic like that would need to remain sufficiently general.

Wow! Not really surprised after the devs raged at the XBox community in global chat when they managed to mess up that free keys promotion last year, and people abused it. Poor form on everyoneā€™s part, but as usual, the people who failed to prevent it get to punish those who ā€œabusedā€ it. This time, it wasnā€™t some third party issue. It was an error in programming that fed people the extras, rather than the players going and searching for it.

Glad i got out when i did. A lot less stress these days without thisā€¦

dumpster-fire

1 Like

Everyone here makes black or white opinions.
Only the devs got it right. Why?

1. devs made an error.
  2. players abusing the error know something is wrong, and still abuse it.

So devs decision is fair:

1. they realise their mistake, and rollback gems to players that didnā€™t spend it. This is the leniency part from the devs, because they know itā€™s also their mistake to begin with. So I disagree with everyone calling ban for all players who abused, spending gems or not.
  2. players who didnā€™t get banned should look at it as a warning.
  3. for players who got ban, make an appeal.
3 Likes

My 11 year old was banned and he tried to appeal and received the following response,

ā€œI can see that you have trouble logging into your account. After investigating, your account was banned because you exploited a bug to gain an unfair advantage. As such, your login has been terminated. The ban is permanent and there is no appeal process.ā€

So donā€™t waste your time trying to appeal. I read quite a bit of the thread and can see both sides of this debate. Personally I do think the punishment is harsh and I really like the suggestion someone made about banning the players for a period of time but not permanently. If thereā€™s a bright side to this, I think my son learned a valuable lesson about not cheating that will helpfully help him in more important things in life.

12 Likes

Hi thereā€¦ I could find anyone who brought this up in this post (I did start a different thread with this issue)

But now it seems to me the company is biased when it comes to banning people who exploit game featuresā€¦

What I meen :
There is another bug of which I just learned
The ring of wonder bugā€¦
Usualy the ring of wonders is limited (and the limitation is explicitly underlined) to one purchase every 28 days!
But if you donā€™t close the purchase and skip back to the gameā€¦ You can BUY the ring again and again and again and againā€¦ This bug gives you a great advantage on other players BUT the company benefits from it because people pay for itā€¦

And to be honest I havenā€™t heard of a single player banned for doing this (and I heard of a lot people who have done it)

So now itā€™s on the developers side to tell me why those bugs are treated so differently! (of course I know but I want to hear it from them)

And yes the rings effect does stack
And yes it is considered cheating if it is said you can only buy the item once on the event page

It is against the rules of the game but no one gets banned! And it doesnā€™t matter if the mistake is on your side or on the side of the psn! It is against the legal rules of the game

Sorry for the bad English and long text

1 Like

All day Iā€™ve been trying to think of a word to say but itā€™s justā€¦ kind of nuts.

This is a landmark event, itā€™s going to leave a sour taste in a lot of peoplesā€™ mouths. I think a lot of people shouldā€™ve known better, but then a post before me points out there are people who legitimately might not have known better. Thatā€™s a hard thing to sort through and I expect far more people will be permabanned than deserve it.

I think itā€™s further exacerbated because we just saw what looked like fairly limp-wristed punishments handed out for cheating on the leaderboard. It helps when punishments are consistent.

Thereā€™s going to be real fallout, and people are going to be sour about this for a long time. I get why the devs responded so decisively. I get why it irked a lot of players. I think the duration the bug was available exacerbated it: the longer a bug sticks around the more temptation a player faces. I donā€™t envy all the appeals that supportā€™s going to have to face. At the end of the day, some players are gone forever, and a non-zero number of them didnā€™t feel like they were doing anything excessive.

I feel like someone in the devs should make a statement like this in a blanket place where players should always see it.

Be careful when you find something off. Your best defense against a ban is a very quickly-filed bug report at Zendesk, within which you clearly state exactly what you did and exactly how many resources you think you gained. Then stay the heck away from whatever is glitched.

2 Likes

Another way of dealing with it would have been a negative account for gemsā€¦ All players who used the bug should need 10k before they are back to zero gems or something like that it is just rediculous in my opinion

1 Like

What a great idea! I suspect it is too difficult to unravel the transactions made with the ill-gotten gems. However, by simply putting the user in a negative gem balance they will be held back (in their progress) making it fair to others again. This is fair considering they chose not to ban those players who didnā€™t use the gems.

1 Like

Admit it. This is your fault DEV

2 Likes

Yeah they are guilty for trying to give a present to everyone and instead of been thankful, the people tried to abuse the system then they get caught and keep crying.

8 Likes

Developers are not going to respond to anything in this thread that they canā€™t say is a violation.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the Aussie term for ā€œHold my beerā€ exactly?

1 Like

Get me another?

5 Likes

Hold my Boomerang?

4 Likes

Also, the police should only arrest murder suspects on Monday, as otherwise the effect on Guild Wars is potentially disastrous.

2 Likes

Yep. Thatā€™s exactly the same thing as using a free gems Exploit. Way to keep it rational. :+1: