For those of us that didn't get selected - what was your troop idea

Since there were a lot of folks who didn’t get selected - and I saw a lot of great ideas, thought I would start a thread that those of us who really had flushed out an idea to post to Feature Request.

Feel free to fully flush out the ideas :slight_smile:

I will catalog them into Kingdoms

3 Likes

Khetar undead beast

1 Like

Kingdom: Forest of Thorns
Troop Type: Beast/Construct
Name: Widomaker
Quote: Ya’r just a bit of a bleedin’ rose are ya?

This is a WALL type = Think Beauty and the Beast the rose barrier around the palace. It moved, it entangled and it blocked entrance.

It’s Spell
Random Troop - (so it doesn’t always have to be the first person in line), Poison, entrapment (different than entanglement - more like you can’t do anything). Every turn you are still entrapped does 1 true damage + poison affect

(Cleanse or Enchant will break this)

Traits
Give Beasts +2 Armor
Give Constructs +2 Armor
50% Skull Damage ignored

3 Likes

Dudek The Evil Clown from Blighted Lands or Darkstone, Human/Daemon.

1 Like

Name: Mr. Mephistopheles
Quote: “The Cat came Back.”
Type: Daemon / Beast
Kingdom: Adana

Spell: Kitty Litter- Sacrifice an ally and Transform a random enemy into Mr. Mephistopheles. If the ally sacrificed was a BEAST. 50% chance to summon Mr. Mephistopheles. Cost: 13 Purple

Traits:
+2 to Beasts
Magic Link
Stealthy

Note: The thought behind this troop is that this is the real threat that Sparkgrinder built Carnex to combat. Whether he knew the cats were all manifestations of the daemon Mephistopheles or if he truly just hates cats… Krystara may never know… :wink:

4 Likes

@efh313 in what form would we find him?

My vote would be a friar😎

1 Like

here he is! :+1:

5 Likes

If everything were to go purrfectly…

It’s a litter of kitties! See what I did there? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Where’s @Ashasekayi when you need her? :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

I do play 4 with him no matter what his spell would be like, his artwork doesnt boring me… :wink:

2 Likes

I approve of this troop.

5 Likes

Kingdom: Ghulvania
Troop Type: Undead Construct
Name: Dr. Frank N. Stein
Quote: No, I think you’re mistaken, Ma’am, I’ve always had this head.
Colors: Purple/Red/Blue (18)
Starting level: Legendary

Spell:
Cleanse all Allies, give 5 Armour / 5 Life
50% chance to resurrect upon death

Traits:
+2 Life to Constructs
Undying (Immune to Poison, Disease, Death mark)
Necromancy (50% more souls)

1 Like

I love this thread so much!

4 Likes

I just threw giant elf in there but only because it’s impossible (imo), to build a decent giant team.
So thinking about it a bit more…
He’s a giant
He’s also an elf
He’s a mythic
He’s from stormheim.
His colours are red. yellow, green.

He was chased up into stormheim by an army of undead after getting lost whilst hunting for food for his people in silverglade. He was their protector and guardian and their symbol of strength.
Its all Elspeth’s fault you see, she like totally freaked out because she like had run out of her favourite candied plums and she like ordered him to go out and get some for her in a violent storm and not come back til he’d like got her a big sack full of juicy plums.
So being the gentle giant he is, he did what the spoilt little princess asked.
However the storm hit harder and lasted far longer than anyone expected, and our poor giant was lost for almost a month, with only plums and the odd Cockatrice and Jackelope for sustainment. So when he rocked up with an empty sack to Stormheim the Northrenders asked him why he was there and why his sack was empty. He was brought in to Jarl and he told the story of how a spoilt little girl was using her royal position to get what she wanted and how she was making his life a misery. So when Jotnar got off the throne he was filled in on the details and our poor plumless giant was taken in by the natives of stormheim and he’s been there ever since.

His spell is called ‘empty my sack ‘and stuns the top and bottom enemies, and deals 40 damage to the middle two with a 5 hp extra damage for every allied and enemy giants.
Traits…
Fire link
Immense (8 life on matching 5 gems)
And mythic trait is called’ lick my plums’ … give bonus mana to all troops when 4 gems are matched. I’ll explain. If you match 4 blues, anyone who uses blue gets an extra two mana. Etc etc.
Hi name is…Grundal Tarandus Versamelaar.

1 Like

@Nephilim that is an awesome story and very silly one too.

He fits RIGHT into the Giant family - though the last trait made me giggle because I went places I probably should not have gone with it.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vangor - feel free to really flush it out :slight_smile: love to hear more.

Thank you @Taisiakat i will do that!

Name: Jack Lumber
Kingdom: Maugrim Woods
Troop Type/lvl: Human (epic)
Colors: Red/Brown (14)
Quote: “A tree killed his Granny…now he’s out for revenge!”

Spell - Wood Splitter:
Remove all green gems. Destroy an equal number of brown gems. Cost: 14 Red/Brown

Traits:
Wargare Bond (+2 life to Wargare)
Fey Slayer (double skull damage to Fey)
Fire Link (gain bonus red mana from red gem matches)

Background:
Jack Lumber is a retired lumberjack who befriended the Wargare inhabiting the Maugrim Woods. He is a master in wood sculpture and totem crafting. The Totem Guardian is a creation of Jack to protect his newfound Wargare family. Jack is a formidable axe wielder and won’t hesitate to use it.
Rumor has it that the Fey in particular fear the former lumberjack, ever since Jack single-handedly managed to cut down a massive Treant in the Forest of Thorns.

Notes:
Thematically, removing green gems stands for the leaves that are removed from a cut down tree.
Similarly, destroyed brown gems are the wood that Jack collects from any cut down trees.
Jack uses red mana because of his Lumberjack shirt… Just kidding, red stands for fire when he makes a campfire!

Potential Balance Changes:
I am kinda cautious with the design of this troop, because removing 2 colors completely at once can have some interesting chain effects.
If the troop is deemed not very useful, here are 3 ways to buff Jack:

• Lower mana cost to 12 and replace fire link trait with fast (starts with 50% mana) trait.
  • Add extra turn condition; If 13 or more green gems are removed, gain an extra turn.
  • My favorite, Jack now also summons a Totem Guardian (after gems are removed and destroyed)

Closure:
I knew no one would vote on a Human only troop, week 1 voting was only about Kingdom and Troop type. A human-only troop doesn’t exactly sounds like the most interesting troop to vote on.
Hopefully you found it entertaining nonetheless. The rules stated it was going to be an Epic Troop so I didn’t want to go with some huge entity (reserved for legendary and above).

Art presented is not my own and is merely used as a concept.

8 Likes

@Doghouse - that is a very awesome and very cool troop. I love the back story and think this is a great idea.

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
Fixed some typo’s, mana cost, balance options.

1 Like

Name: Ruthless Assassin
Kingdom: Blackhawk
Type: Dwarf, Rogue

Trait:
1- Some useless bonus to Dwarve
2- Some Dwarf type immunity
3- Hunter Instinct: Can target Hidden troops
Spell: Poison and Disease and Stun an enemy troop, and immediately destroy it if there is more than one copy on the enemy team.

Muhahahaha.

Why: this little killer is the anti-double troop meta.

1 Like