Design-A-Troop Competition! (WEEK 3: Spell and Colour)

Another One: Queen Mab’s sister:

Troop name: Lady of the Lake
Color: Purple/Blue
Mana Cost: 15
Special Ability: “Water Ward” Enchant the first ally. Remove freeze condition from all allies and give them 8 life. Renders all allies immune to freeze and mana burn until dispelled.

Trait 1: Bonus Mana for blue gem matching
Trait 2: Impervious
Trait 3: Fast

1 Like

Why are people posting traits? Why are people posting troop names? Why are people posting legendary/mythic spells?

Ah well, just needed to get if off my chest.

4 Likes

How about just ignoring other stats? The core suggestion is there, but some have so much imagination that they just have to share it. Fantasy usually ignores rules. :wink:

Someone made a topic for that. Once voting closes at the end of each week, you can post your troop idea here:

But I guess you could simply ignore non-spell related words and filter each message. Sorry for being a nitpick :frowning:

1 Like

Blue/Brown(13)

Electric Typhoon: Create 6 Blue & 6 Yellow and deal 3 to all enemies. Double if they use red mana.

1 Like

Thank you for bring this up to everyone.:smiley:

its cause spell must fit with the traits, spell or traits alone is like half of the design and half of the utility…

while a spell alone might seem cool or lame, adding appropriate traits to it might turn it around to make completely opposite effect

how are ppl suppose to vote on them separatelly (without knowing the other choices) & make the most awesome combination of it - is beyound me

for example my suggestion, without the traits in it, would seem totally boring, wouldnt it? but with traits its at least balanced (and at least to me with the traits it becomes very cool)
i wouldnt even vote on it myself if i didnt realise what it becomes with the traits

1 Like

You are right, but sadly this is the way they decided to run the competition.
That’s why no one voted on a Human-only troop from Maugrim Woods in round 1 either :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yeah im aware what part is being voted on

but there is no rule stating you cant post a complete troop design along in your suggestion, so that ppl can know what they might possibly be voting on.

if the human was cool enough with the complete suggestion, who knows i might have voted on it? just human alone surely not…

4 Likes

24 true damage on a brown troop?! This is not a good idea. You’re not countering a meta troop you’re creating one.

My submission:

Name: VERSION 3.2 MISSING_NAME
Mana: 1 red
Traits: Fast, Fast, Empowered
Effect:
Generate 50 red gems, divided by zero.

1 Like

What happens next, The whole board explodes.:laughing:

“Your client font size is permanently reduced by 1.”

2 Likes

All done! Go vote here! Design-a-Troop VOTING TIME (Spell and Colour!)

Is there some blacklist?

People whose ideas were not chosen can add their full troop concept in this topic:

I just want to know if I’m out of the competition because of the rules or not…

Like i said in the other thread im pretty sure the location shouldnt affect if you are illigible or not, you don’t win $ or something physic, you win a ingame content. Not even sure the EULA is needed for that

My Amira deals 24 true damage and double damage to blue troops. Initially she does 10+2 damage (see Gow database). It’s Amira for brown troops. Why should it be overpowered?