Enter the Shocktopus!

It’s an Epic troop, not a Legendary.
So according to his base rarity, he seems a balanced troop.

Stoneskin vs Armored: the main difference is how many skulls he can tank.
Stoneskin seems enough for this fast true damage troop, so he can survive few skulls without having a “I take all the skulls during the fight”.

The spell is situational and so on, you cannot use this troop against all teams.

3 Likes

Balanced? It is un-usable imo so if that is balanced to you then ok but i disagree

If you don’t point out what seems unbalanced to you, I don’t see how we can discuss…

Well you liked a post that calls someone a “petulant child throwing a tantrum” so maybe not having a discussion with you is for the best

I don’t see how rarity is a necessity in determining if its balanced. There are already plenty of Epic troops that already outperform Legendaries as is.

Azura, Ragnagord, Lady Ironbeard, Lord Ironbeard, Nobend Brothers, Princess Fizzbang, all 6 Trolls, Mercy, Captain Skullbeard, Rowanne, Lady Anariel on a good day, and more

1 Like

Still no shocktopus, I’m ready bc my stones didn’t grace me with one.

1 Like

It gives a standard, no?

Most of these troops are mana generator so it’s difficult to compare them.
The Ironbeard are situational, same for Rowanne (i.e. loosing Armor and your troop will do crap).

1 Like

Shocktopus spell mechanic is pretty unique, that alone makes it usable. Just give it some time for it to be absorbed into creative players’ troop pool.

3 Likes

Mongo’s spell is unique and he isnt usable

Outside of GW im not sure i will use it, unless a new mono color team meta appear in pvp

3 Likes

Nothing Mongo does is unique in itself, and it mixes very different natured spells with randomness. Mongo is unusable. Mimic is a way better troop as far as randomness goes. But even Mimic, I only use it in arena.

2 Likes

But you get the idea, it’s difficult to predict how the meta will evolve. I’m glad Shocktopus exists, it expands our possibilities.

1 Like

1 Like

Just got mine in my mail

Me too and 500 souls im so excited!

awesome tweet/in-game message

@Saltypatra, not sure if you saw this when I initially posted it. The top 10 scorers for the contest got the same untraited version (I’m lead to assume; at least I did). Is there somewhere for us to submit our invite codes to facilitate the rewards delivery, or are things already set in motion?

1 Like

Yours were all sent out seperately. Check your in game mail again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got mine in the mail, thank you very much! I wasn’t here for the troop design event, so I guess that might be why Shocktopus is “just another troop” to me and not as special as he seems to be for some others, causing either disappointment or happiness. I’m not big on mechs or sea creatures in general, so he’s not my cup of tea anyway, but I’m still grateful for all gifts and him being available this way for everyone, so thank you for a Valentine’s gift! (Only one I’ve gotten, too - wonder what it says about me when all I get for V-Day is a mechanical octopus and a tentacle love message.:thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

6 Likes

We still love you.

Mrs Jainus got me half a muffin for V day… that’s not a euphemism.

2 Likes