Discussion about weapons that is only available for money

I agree that they might not do that for weapons that they sold for cash. But, they could do it for future weapons that they introduce.

2 Likes

yeah, its what I meant. :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to be argumentative here. Just my thoughts. I understand that Glory was harder to come by just a few months ago. With the TH changes, and glory keys giving glory as well; Glory is much easier to come by. This game thrives on a level playing field (Many will argue this). I just don’t understand the change. Those are my thoughts, and it’s good to hear from others.

1 Like

I do believe that “new” weapons in the future may be offered in the rewards tab for glory. I think the chief reason they aren’t at this moment is that every “event” weapon (as in every weapon you can’t unlock through mastery) has already been offered for glory at one point or another and you can’t have 2 of the same weapon so if it was a reward player who got it last time would have to pass. I think a middle ground would to have an occasional “double” event where an old weapon is released for glory with a new troop so that thoses who already have the weapon can still get a weekly reward

Our plan is to cycle old free event weapons back into the game in some fashion.

Unsure exactly how we’ll do that yet, they may appear in glory-reward bundles, but I wouldn’t rule out having them appear in small $5 bundles… we’d ideally like to add some really small high-value bundles to the game, in the theory that a lot of players who are playing for free might actually give us $5 in much the same way as you might tip your barista or cab driver for good service.

19 Likes

That’s the thing I was saying above, I couldn’t pay even 1$ to unlock everything in the game (if that was an option). Average salary in my country is 180$ for a month, until 2 years ago we didn’t have any laws considering internet transactions. It’s just opening up here, so I literally don’t have a way to buy anything.

And don’t get me wrong if I had a way to spend some money on the game, I would find a way to afford to spend thar money on GoW. .

3 Likes

Would it be possible to make the weapons be available in the glory and gem chests as well? Only obtainable once, and those who already has them wont have the nightmare of getting them again. That would give every player a fair chance to obtain the weapon(s) for free, I am mostly thinking of those that can’t even give 1 dollar.

I think this is a great price point. I would surely pick them up for $5.

2 Likes

Extremly good news it is. I would also. :wink:

1 Like

Small $5 bundles is a great idea. In general, I don’t have a problem with micro-transactions for games that are worth my money. Gems of War is DEFINITELY worth my money and I’ve already spent like $15 on it. The only thing preventing me from spending more is that there aren’t enough “micro” transactions. The only purchases I can make now are $25-$50 and I really can’t mentally justify that kind of expenditure for a free-to-play game.

1 Like

@Sirrian you’re onto something bringing coffee to the game!

Why not zoidberg? Have a glory costing or gem costing area in the store that lists all the weapons that are from events just like armour.

That great news @Sirrian. I’ve bought up to VIP5, and have about $70 of credit burning a hole in my pocket. I would just like to see more attractive bundles, period. I’ve purchased daily gems, a few time the daily maps and souls. I’ve also bought in to the arcane pack this week, and the DK armor. Those options appeared to have real value, but most of the bundles lately haven’t appealed to me. It would be nice if you bought the $50 legendary pack, it actually came with enough traitstones to complete it.

P2W territory there.

3 Likes

it is already P2W, that is how freemium game typically work. Adding 6 more arcanes would simply make the bundle more attractive. I mean, you could simply buy the venoxia pack and then the arcane pack this week and have the same end result.

None of this is “Pay-to-Win.”

All items in game (with the exception of the aforementioned weapons) are available to committed players, except the Death Knight Armor, and that is only an efficiency boost. “Pay-to-Win” refers to a model wherein free players simply cannot compete with paying players, irrespective of time commitment. That’s just not the case in GoW.

1 Like

Exactly, I think you meant the Death Knight armor, and even in that instance it only improve resource collection efficiency, and not how well your team performs.

Yes, thanks. Editing my comment.

I whole heartedly agree that there is no P2W in this game, and spending $50 on a legendary and fully traiting it is quite overboard and would be considered P2W. It’s hard to argue that someone spent $200 and has a fully traited dragon team at lvl 100 is not P2W. The bundle may be more attractive, but the “dangling carrot” keeps us all playing.