Dev Q and A Question Gathering Time!

I… I am sorry, but it’s just not true. Here’s proof:

Half of old UI, half of new UI. Same location (Mist of Scales) - I cropped the screenshot for size convenience, but can easily post the whole thing to prove that.
You can see that the right half has a much higher transparency in one of the colors where you can clearly see the background through the board while the left half doesn’t.

EDITing in a question: “Does this screenshot not show correctly that the new board is more transparent than the old one? Please tell us why you think it’s the same and how there is no problem here.”

15 Likes

I’m just going off what the devs told me. :slight_smile:

Then steal all their tasty snacks from them for not telling you the truth (and tell me which dev told you so that I can ping him/her with a disapproving bunny picture :stuck_out_tongue:)!

2 Likes

To remove 1 and 50 chest button along with 10 permanently so you have to use 200.

Why the need for 200 button for event chests and gem chests is obvious for the developers - for players well…

This change was the most stupid thing i’ve seen in this game - and that is saying a lot.

Yeah changes recently are really upsetting, certainly those that are vip too.

1 Like

That’s great side-by-side comparison to make your point. The border also helped, I think. Removing it affects how I perceive the board.

3 Likes

The border does make a difference.

1 Like

No, you are not imagining anything. Keep in mind that old backgrounds generally had considerably softer colors and less color contrast. The old backgrounds were more “uniform” or “homogenous” as well.

Everyone perfectly realizes that regardless of what developers do, somebody is going to be unhappy about something. The only solution that might satisfy everyone is bringing in more options and switches of certain specifically annoying things. Somebody who likes it can use it. Others who can’t see anything or simply don’t like it, should be able to turn it off. I’m not sure what is so complicated about it.

Accessibility, however, is a serious issue. Generally, things that have better accessibility are… well, better and more accessible. It sounds trivial and one can argue that disabled people should just stay at home instead of riding it out in their wheelchair. Another person can probably argue that GoW is just a free to play silly game, so it is not something essential like, for example, operating system or phone settings. Regardless of what people say, developers might consider putting some effort into this or not and continue to systematically reduce accessibility through quite persistent recent effort. Again, somebody gains, somebody loses. Why can’t it be that everyone or at least considerable majority benefits?

2 Likes

I thought about this, trying to remember the old UI and how it played, and I agree - the fact that the whole screen was basically encased in a border caused the shaking to be more “uniform” and not distract my eyes so much. Now, the troops are separated from the board, giving the impression of different things instead of all being “one board”. And if more things are affected by effects/movements, then it’s automatically harder for the brain to handle, hence some people reacting with headaches.

The point that the old background still was obviously less transparent as well still remains, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Can one of our 5 new questions just be @Sheba’s screenshot and the words “do you seriously not see a problem here because wtf”?

Only worded politely by someone who is less aggravated, because I am a cranky migraine sufferer right now.

10 Likes

Yeah, I too still have an issue with the current board background. They fixed it slightly the last time it was requested, but the board background is still way too transparent.

6 Likes

Guardians are part of guild chests until four copies of all of them are owned at Mythic level. Due to RNG streakiness this resulted in me owning almost 100 extra copies of one particular Guardian, even after opening the final chests one by one. Since the current Guild War troops will move into guild chests Soon™, how is the cutoff going to be handled?

1.) Guild War troops and Guardians fall into the same pool, they only disappear after owning four copies of all of them at Mythic level.
2.) Guild War troops form a seperate pool, they disappear after owning four copies of all Guild War troops at Mythic level
3.) Each Guild War troop is it’s own pool, it disappears after owning four copies at Mythic level.

Quite obviously, I’d prefer the last approach. Especially since my Guild War troop distributation isn’t very uniform, some scheduled troops were skipped due to Guild War reworks. The first approach would be a pretty hard blow for all players already done with collecting Guardians.

Bonus question, when is the next set of Guild War troops going live?

1 Like

The guild wars troops that pretty much no one uses in guild wars? Lol. I’ve tried to build teams around them with little success I think the one that worked best was
Webspinner
Yasmine’s chosen
Queen Aurora
Aurai
The guardians and gw troops should be made available with summon stones imo.

I know putting more questions in at this time is pretty dumb, but still, I would just love a comment on the steam data…

3 Likes

You have all of the guardians at mythic plus FOUR copies? You shouldn’t be dropping guardians anymore then.

A similar question has been asked recently:

The answer was right below the question:

It’s been some time ago, IDK if situation changed.

Please add this question,

Can you please remove the pop up screen (sales)?

2 Likes

I agree with this - seeing two $50 “deals” (wut?) every day is getting old.

2 Likes

I imagine that’s a publisher requirement.

2 Likes