Design-a-troop Project Part 1a - Kingdom poll is now closed!

Ooooooh, I like that Idea! Damage multiplied by number of troops by type or color would be very cool! +1000!

2 Likes

I can lierally hear the “overpowered” screams already.

Remember everyone, 97% of the community wants Easy Mode. Although @Lyya’s idea is impeccable, it’ll be too problematic for the “set it and forget it” crowd, again a huge majority.

1 Like

@Shimrra
Sarah warned us about this

I have a simple idea.

Pick a gem. All of your opponent’s mana requirements become that 1 color.

Similar to a silence but now everyone is stuck with trying to gain 1 color.

That’s quite imbalanced.

3 Likes

Doesn’t have to be a permanent change.

Or target 1 and it is permanent.

Not saying i don’t like your idea, but it goes against what you stated before regarding anti troop type damage for a legendary.
Instead of a legendary troop that is great against one type and mediocre against all others(like a suggested Demon Hunter) your proposed troop is mediocre against anything that mixes troop types and only great against stacked type teams.

That’s a fair point, but I don’t think it’s quite the same. Being good against a single type (like Bunni’Nog and Knights) severely hampers the troop’s utility. Most teams I face these days have at least two Daemons, and barring that, there are a lot that contain at least two of another type.

I think it’d be neat to be pounding on Gorgotha (for reduced damage) and at the same time be plugging away at the enemy’s IK (for unreduced damage), for example. Or Knights, or Goblins, or Divines (Mercy and Valkyrie), etc.

Keep in mind that if we’re talking about the troop’s Legendary Trait, that still leaves room for its spell to be interesting in another way. Or vice versa, and if it’s the spell doing the linked damage, its Trait could be something synergistic.

Please, no more daemons.

That’s my point, really. A “pair-killer” or “group-killer” could be very effective against a team of Daemons, as well as any other weighted comp.

This troop would counter any and all themed teams though and heavily discourage people from even bothering to build themed decks in the first place.

The thing is, that would be ineffective versus much else. And its not like Gob-Chompers have stopped Goblins from being everywhere, have they?

Its safe to do. Probably.

It depends on how it’s balanced. I am confident that the developers could tune it well (and better than we could). If 100% replicated damage is too much, then it could be some fractional “splash.”

I do not want to think of something summoning demons when we have too many troops that do that including a certain priest troop.

If Gob Chomper would also counter Dragons, Daemons, Knights the meta would look differently… well not much, just even more streamlined than it already is in light of the Mawmageddon.

This sort of thing couldn’t be a hard counter like Gob-Chomper is. It’d be a double damage ability at the most, possibly less, or some other minor effect. Nothing like a good chance to devour the lot of them. Might even be ‘bonus’ damage that doesn’t scale, like what Archon Statue gets.

Balancing the numbers will shift the amount of punishment sure, but in the end people that actually do build themed decks and i mean any trooptype themed decks, will be punished nontheless.

I don’t see the issue. On offense, you can scout and see the troop, and attack with a team that has diversity (the same way you’d change your lineup against Gorgotha vs. something squishy). On defense, your opponent will do the same.

Daemon hunter:
Legendary Human
Yellow/Blue
Remove all red gems - deal damage equal to red gems removed + magic to a single target. If there is a Daemon or undead near the target the damage applies to them also.

Traits:
Daemon Slayer
Undead Slayer
Holy Blast: any skull damage done to a daemon hits any other daemon or undead on the team as well

Just something to get us thinking.

1 Like

The issue is, that someone that plays generic cookie cutter teams like current Mawmercyskullsomething will be strong against this troop by default unless that troop was vastly overtuned already making it strong enough to be worthwhile without multiple troops of a kind, while someone that actually likes to create teams with a theme will probably have to throw 50% of his teams in the trashcan and start playing cookie cutter themselves.