Design-a-troop Project Part 1a - Kingdom poll is now closed!

I’m sticking with Pan’s Vale here… A little surprised, that so few voted for it.
But there is definitely enough room in every Kingdom to create interesting Troops.

Is there any resource where I can read the quest dialogue again? I feel i have to prepare a bit for the troop concept. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least there is a legendary construct already (if it’s bad, just request a buff). Many types don’t have a legendary at all - humans, elves, dwarfs, wildfolk, divine. Some of these have even less troops in the game than constructs.

If you don’t like dwarves and elves, how about a divine? They are clearly awesome, and can fit well with the theme of Blighted Lands. Just think of some high being that would serve as a contrast to Infernal King. It could even be ‘God’. Wouldn’t you want to design God?

1 Like

In your installation directory, res\Text\en_US\World.xml has all of the quest dialogue in it.

2 Likes

This train of thought is beginning to work on me. At the moment I think I’d be happy with most of the suggestions, given we collectively seem to have some pretty good ideas to develop.

I voted ghulvania because I would like to see more undead or monsters

It could be a corrupted Archon. Infernal Kings Corruption didn’t stop at dragons, why shouldn’t it be able to take a hold of a divine being?
Seeing as Archons like Mercy and Valor appear to embody a positive virtue, being corrupted could have turned it into the opposite of its former aspect.

1 Like

But then we have another “BURN ALL THE THINGS” style Legendary, and man oh man do we have enough of those.

I’d love to see an interesting and unique board controller. No amazing ideas come to mind, but that’s because I need even more caffeine.

1 Like

Why do you think that? Opposites of Mercy could be something like Cruelty or Apathy, opposite of Valor maybe Treachery or Fear, all themes that fit a controller well.

Legendary dwarf that target transforms mana to brown or red?

Do we really need another “Evil” type troop?

Im still pushing for Adana but if it ends up blighted land a human demon hunter would be my push!

At this point i am merely just tossing out wild suggestions for people unhappy with a Blighted Lands choice to show that there is all kinds of possible interesting concepts for a Blighted Lands troop that isn’t just another Daemon.

If Adana wins, I’m pulling for another Construct. A Legendary Human there doesn’t sit well with me.

If Blighted Lands conquers, Divine all the way. Lucifer, Hades, some sort of dark angel/god would work for me.

These are also my personal choices, not hole-pluggers like half the suggestions mentioning Elves or Dwarves. (Bleh, keep these guys to their own kingdoms. Better yet, make them a new kingdom!)

Why, not a troop that can target a gem color and “lock it”, impeding any mana generation and extra turns from that color combinations? Works like frozen, but don’t stops extra turns from spells, only for gems combinations, only one at once but it has a plus to not generate any mana.

I was intrigued by an idea suggested by another poster in the original thread for a Jekyl/Hyde character (maybe it was you, @Ivar?). A human character with a 50/50 chance to heal all team members for x amount or do x damage to all opposing team members. I think that would be fun!

1 Like

Or a construct that kills non constructs. It should fky.

It wasn’t me @RiverSong, but i have an idea for some troops who can transform into another troop, like the classic werewolf or our “good” Dr. Jekyl. I think it’s pretty possible since we already have something similar with summons and/or Sac. Priest.

Instead of all the constructs/related that kill constructs…

Check do I have an account

@Shimrra’s right, make a Human with Daemon or Dragon-devastating abilities.

I think this might work:

That could work well against any stacked deck. Multiple Daemons? No problem, Human Legendary Hunter will damage all of them. Multiple Goblins? No problem, Human Legendary Hunter will damage all of them. An opponent would need to select a team that contains a variety of troop types to mitigate.

2 Likes