Design-a-troop Project Part 1a - Kingdom poll is now closed!

What about a troop that has daemon hunter (there are only 2, ferit and valor, both meh) AND another hunter type?

A good daemon hunter would be of benefit I think to a lot of people, considering there are SO MANY powerful daemons.

I’m warming up to that idea.

2 Likes

That could work. Or perhaps a troop that, upon skull damaging (or spell damaging, perhaps) a troop of a given type (or color), does damage to all enemy troops of that type (or color)? Could fit with a hunting theme, and encourage diversified builds to counter.

1 Like

Why not get a king lionheart as a human? He was a real person or so i am told.

Voted Maugrim Woods (incoming legendary Lumberjack!)

2 Likes

The lumberjack from the red riding hood story. Though a wolf with devou could be good too.

@Machiknight I voted for Blighted Lands because I think it’s a more interesting kingdom than Adana. Robots? Really? Just speaking for myself, I don’t find them that interesting. Rather pick a kingdom that has a potential for more options.

4 Likes

Well I’m going to have to categorically disagree with you on that one. Just look at my title. Robots can be just as versatile as any other type of Troop!

I think you have failed to get down to the nuts and bolts of the matter.:relaxed: Robots = mechanical breakdown every time.

1 Like

Oh, now we’re bringing puns into this? :smile:

Robots might break down, but at least they aren’t going to chaotically and randomly stab you in the back!

1 Like

Uh…Skynet? :confused:

Yes, well, anyway. :whistles:

6 Likes

@RiverSong sold me. The Blighted Lands I (and the vote) go…

The thing to remember is that its a legendary. And Daemon legendaries are the most common in the game. Constructs are the among the rarest everything. (And waaaay cooler than Dwarves and Elves, since they’re overdone in the genre anyway…)

1 Like

Humans for the win. It’s fascinating to me that this game has basically no viable teams comprised of humans.

1 Like

I have to agree, look at american robots vs japanese robots. A maker of robots would be awesome.

Thought we were agreed that we weren’t going to try to plug holes because other than the slight spoiler from Sirrian, we don’t know what else is coming in the next few months.

And @Machiknight, it is well known that robots are just the beginning of the takeover by artificial intelligence, just as @Lyya indicated. Or perhaps you want to be our Person of Interest?

1 Like

Touche. I do sort of lean towards the Constructs anyway though - plus, as for knowing what else is coming, we can be fairly sure that the only two remaining 7-troop kingdoms will be getting their 8th troops very soon.

That, and Daemons are still definitely over-saturated.

We could absolutely have a Human Legendary in Blighted Lands. Demon hunters have been mentioned, I was thinking of a Demonologist myself, but we could also lean toward some Dark Art Wizard, an Exorcist… or if we forgo the humans entirely, Fallen Angels, Lichs or Nickars and the likes fit the bill too. It’s not like all kingdoms had only ONE type of creature anyway, and Adana is not exactly 100% constructs either. I don’t see why Blighted Lands should not have more varied species either, especially since the storyline talked about all kind of people being drawn there, willingly or not.

2 Likes

Grey goo apocalypse as a troop. It multiplies and grows and it would have a third trait that increases its health and armour. Omg that would be amazing.