Bunny
Bunny
Luna

kingdom 14, hoard 200.

No real strategy, except dumb luck LOL

11 Likes

Enjoy =)

3 Likes

Oh my god, that was incredibly lucky with death mark! CONGRATS!

Sunken Fleet, you are my final (released) faction left. I’ve been trying with Hoard at 200 and 50% bonus. Using 2x Maraji Queen / Water Elemental / Drowned Sailor.

So close today. Made the final room today, missing a Maraji Queen.

Someday this will be conquered, hopefully before it rolls around for the Tuesday event.

6 Likes

Perseverance is the key to success!

1 Like

Perseverance does pay off

Sunken Fleet was the last Pure Faction to complete, of the active Factions. I wanted to knock this one out without Potions, and not have to resort to the Tuesday Event next month.

Hoard level 243. 50% bonus. Forgot to change my medals and was using 2x Nysha & 1 Anu

The Maraji Queen
The Maraji Queen
Water Elemental (Elite Gold)
Drowned Sailor (Elite Gold)

I lost the lead troop in the 3rd battle, and everything just kind of lined up for me in the final battle.

Team code
[6751,6751,6750,6749,3069,2,2,2,3,2,3,3,14029]

18 Likes

@Texugo-928, just completed Sea of Sorrow with TH 248 (Hoard 199, Kingdom 12), no potions. Team was Hammerclaw, Sea Witch, 2x The Deep King, Sea of Sorrow banner. Medals for the first and last fight were Anu, 2x Nysha.

The board was fairly kind. 2nd fight was Faery Ring (Fey Cap, Giant Toadstool, Florian, Glitterclaw.) Fey Cap does scatter damage, and your team is submerged most of the time. Toadstool didn’t get to convert, but I wouldn’t have been too upset if he had - the chance to convert their Deep King in the final room would be worth it. Glitterclaw is the main danger, especially after first cast gives everyone Faerie Fire.

3rd fight was Fell Nest (2x Baby Dragon, Dragon Eggs, Venbarak). Venbarak is offset by submerge again, so just a matter of clearing at least one of the dragons so Eggs could summon something weaker in its spot. I used Anu, 2x Orpheus in 2nd and 3rd fight to cleanse Faerie Fire and Disease.

Last fight was the usual race for mana. They took out Sea Witch fairly early, but she managed to get a couple of Enrages on Hammer, so their Hammer was a bit beaten up. Lucky targeting with Deep Kings took out their Deep King before their Merknight, so he was mana blocked the whole time. End of the fight was my two Deep Kings and their Merknight, everyone enraged and in one-hit territory, and I got the skull match first.

11 Likes

Congrats!!!
Only 4 factions cannot be done with sub 200 hoard (Fang Moor, Frostfire Keep, Lyrasza’s Lair and Werewoods), for now.

1 Like

Yep. I am leveling up my Lyraza’s to at least 200 (Shentang already level 14) but my problem with that pure faction is not against the faction team, but the adjacent rooms, most of the time.
And what messes up my attempt is when I use the Chaos Hound hoping he summons a replacement for the empty spot and instead it fills the board with skull alignments for the enemy team.

1 Like

Thanks as always for the data!

One thing, Sunken Fleet 256 Hoard no bonus. Next best 243, 50%?

I’m at it at the moment, and tbh it’s not going that well, I’ve got it to the last troop twice but no cigar. Sea Witch now my nemesis! Self enrage reloop, pull skulls from sky etc… 199 hoard, 50%

1 Like

Yep. 256 (no bonus), 243 (50%) and 250 (50%)

1 Like

Thanks for this really detailed breakdown. Followed what you did and made it to the last room with all my troops but died quickly after that.

My question is for the last room, what should my first goals be? Am I trying to gain a lot of life at first or take out a certain troops?

P.S. A serious thank you to EVERYONE who posts their strategies, notes, hoard levels, and more! It’s beyond helpful and very much appreciated!

4 Likes

Thanks to this thread and the hard-won knowledge within I now have two delves with pure faction 500 completed without breaking the bank to upgrade their hoards: Deep Hive and Depths of Sin.

I’m pretty sure these are universally agreed to be the easiest pure faction delves, but which are third and fourth easiest at the moment? Is there consensus?

3 Likes

Amanithrax and Primal Rift, i guess.

4 Likes

Try to kill TDK asap, while you’re controling the board to prevent Sea Witch takes mana. And use your Sea Witch to stay away from mershark’s 1 shot kill range

3 Likes

Trying to build life won’t work well - you need to cast too many times to keep up. I’ve tried taking 2x Witch before so they could help each other loop and pump up everyone’s health, but it wasn’t enough even then.

I think your best shot is to think of the early stages as the lucky period where their Deep King is fully mana blocked and do as much damage as possible without being outright suicidal.

easiest one is crypt keepers → just go 4x morana and count for those 10% lethal attacks to trigger

it took me literaly 4 attempts last week, hoard lvl 100 (with swords edge @15, so 50% boost and 3 medals of seasons), but i’ve seen in this topic somebody did it even before kindom lvl 15/medals were introduced, so it’s pure luck and doable :wink:

1 Like

Okay, so last week was a good one for me: 2 out of the 3 I wanted to pure-clear done (and I got robbed on the third, I swear—lost my harpies, they would not respawn for what felt like 50 turns, and so despite having 1k life in Xochi and Bladewing saved up I eventually died to magic-skulls-from-sky bull-honky).

I scrolled through over 750+ posts on the early days to see if it was even worth talking about beating Hall of Guardians or Crypt Keepers, but quickly realized back then everyone was just scrambling to figure out the mode in general — times have changed :joy:

And now, with epic tasks and medals, it’s really a lessened challenge. So I think these insights might be helpful for those late to the party to see what the current minimum thresholds (assuming I don’t suck :laughing:) are for some of the formerly “impossible” or “very hard” factions.

Crypt Keepers first: no insight besides get lucky except to say that I entered the final boss room with only two Lady Moranas and still pulled out the win. 3 Medal of Seasons — that’s all it takes, with luck.

Hall of Guardians feels really good to beat, on the other hand—it’s not all just luck, and is one of the few factions where using the entire team is actually worth doing: Silent Sentinel up top to be a silence threat—but more for the ability to heal the troop you’re buffing attack to; Ethereal Sentry, so as not to be mana-blocked; Arcane Golem for Stun and for board control—be sure to use it to drop extra turns from 3x3 block removals; Gargoyle because damage and because the bottom slot is the safest, in my experience. I used the lantern banner.

With 3 Medal of Seasons equipped globally and Epic Task stat boosts (and probably Kingdom Power / Renown Stats we didn’t have in 2018), getting to the boss room is basically 90% possible. Even Lamia rooms can be beaten, but they’re the hardest in my experience. Bullettes are annoying, potentially, but it’s possible to be reshuffled into your proper order if you avoid allowing them to devour you (kill the troll quickly).

I didn’t get around to elite-medalling any of the troops, but I was so close to beating the boss so many times I really was planning to do so after Guild Wars troops this week (which of course is/was my priority). I think it would be beneficial for most of the troops on the team, as any stat is helpful thanks to percentage-based damage reduction and spell damage output based on attack.

Anyway, the basic strategy, stats aside, is to avoid skulls at all costs to be able to buff Silent Sentinel once or twice. Makes a huge difference. Take the skulls and be silenced if you have to—but that ensuing enchant might kill you, so really try to avoid it.

Likewise, avoid letting their Gargoyle cast. Take the mana before they get it.

Then just try to tank with Silent Sentinel, and use other troops opportunistically and/or to maintain board control. Gargoyle and skull stunned troops, ideally, and Ethereal-buff yourself anytime you don’t want to take a move on the board for fear of bad drops.

Sometimes it is better to use your Gargoyle to reduce armor so their Ethereal Sentry doesn’t work as well to boost Gargoyle, but this is a sucker’s gambit unless you have an amazing board. The explosions are dangerous to employ, anyway—only use Gargoyle to kill, or as a Hail-Mary, as a result.

Good luck, everyone. I go to kill more harpies soon, For the Horde

EDIT: Forgot to mention both Sword’s Edge and Whitehelm are Level 15 for me :+1:

14 Likes

Appreciate the update Mags, I don’t think we’ve had anyone describe in detail beating 500 for Hall of Guardians with 100 hoard level without potions.

4 Likes

Well, I told y’all I was close—and I weren’t lyin’, neither :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Stonesong Eyrie is not fun. Unequivocally. But it’s possible in the same way Mirrored Halls is possible—just looooonger, and with (I think) more luck (read: less player agency) involved.

3 Nysha medals because that’s what my Guild Wars defense needed (I wanted 3 seasons, to have more life for each summoned harpy, and more attack, but. I’m not even sure if that would be a different skull break-point or not). Suncrest at Level 14. No elite levels this time, and the pet only at epic (this is true for most of my runs, especially the older ones, because I took a long while to see the value of a pure-faction at 300 run :laughing:).

Took the route with two fights—consistently seemed easier to get through Cave Troll and Pirates than middle rooms, though there are exceptions to going the “easier” routes. Mimics, for instance, and Ancient Golem—both are tricksy and not to be trusted.

I went in to the final fight hoping for a full team: Harpy Mage / Harpy / Queen Xochi / Bladewing. I started the fight with two harpies up top instead, I think—bye, bye, 4 unique troops stats.

But the strategy all along, I knew, was going to be to stall and cast harpies so many times that Bladewing would be able to kill their line faster than it could be replaced or healed. I intended to (and basically did) ignore my mage entirely—storms are too risky. ONLY cast one into the game IF the opponents have basically no mana AND you have a chance at a snipe because your bladewing is full. You’ll probably only win if you can get the 20% to trigger on their Xochi, and it helps to have it trigger on their Bladewing, too.

But what avoiding storms means, of course, is that the delve gimmick is gone—and, with it, your chance for a quick—easy—and lucky win. What you’re left with instead is attrition. And, with patience, you can win that fight. Eventually.

I lost Xochi in the first hour or so. I knew I would lose Xochi, though I had hoped for otherwise. Then the game became keep harpies alive long enough to spawn replacements. Manipulate the board to your advantage, avoid and take skulls to buy time. I had a +2 Brown, +1 Green banner, to make filling harpies easier—but remember: at 5 casts to take another skull hit, you have to know when to sac a harpy rather than try to save it. Better to replace than waste mana on a sinking ship. Try to make casts keep more than one harpy alive—when at 1000 life, you’re just wasting a cast if you’re only buffing the front, unless you know you’ll get 5 casts before you take a second skull hit.

The entire fight took 5-ish hours. Over 100 harpies died, all told, and Bladewing eventually was casting for 450+ damage per cast. Came close to losing a half-dozen times—4 harpies at 1k health each is still only 12 skull hits, which can happen surprisingly quickly if RNGesus isn’t on your side with skyfalls. I swear—I looked at every move like a guild wars fight, calculating the slimmest odds of skull skyfall, and still I lost dozens of harpies to (un)expected black magic.

So good luck out there. Sorry if this is unclear or all over the place. I am delirious after so many hours of punching feathers for the Horde.

15 Likes