Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I’m doing the same with Warrens, with hope diminishing each day.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. I had upgraded the Warrens hoard to 276 as well. Medalled a few troops, and still couldn’t get things to align in my favor. I had actually come close a few times with my hoard down around 200. I eventually caved and completed it with potions.

1 Like

5 rooms is unreasonable with the amount of RNG on the Warrens team. I can, most days, get to room 3 or 4. But delve magical skull drops catches up eventually.

The strategy I’ve come up seems like the best available:
luna luna rabbit luna

never match yellow unless it’s a 4 match. Let the rabbit do the damage until it can’t.

Alas.

1 Like

I beated The Deep hive last week on Pure 500 faction.

I’m “hating” Lyraza’s Lair right now.
I can beat the first room easily cause I already know the faction troops mechanics.
However, the path to the boss is kinda a surprise since there seems to be always the same “trap” rooms, Magnus, Marilith, Elves.
Then there’s the casting a guy hoping he does something and he can do 2 another random stuff and ruin your progress. I’ll finish it some day.

3 Likes

Oh how the tides have turned.
Finally completed Fang Moor today on the 2nd attempt.
Hoard 276 with 50% bonus
2x Nysha & 1Anu
I had similar experience as @xolid99 with that team build and banner
I made it to the final room, down my lead Chief Dargon. The enemy Setauri cast and didn’t hit a skull, and I was able to cast mine and take a few skulls to get an upper hand. Eventually finishing with only my last troop

One more to go now, Sunken Fleet

15 Likes

Anyone else notice they moved the Primal Rift boss room so you have to fight the V room now?

Talk about moving the goal post FFS.

It was changed quite a while ago

1 Like

Still beat it on 2nd attempt =). This is one of the easier ones I have tried potionless.

3 Likes

…And on the third day, Chunky did complete Depths of Sin with Hoard 100 and non-world event medals equipped. (check those medals)

One of these days, I’ll get myself an Anu Medal…I used 2 Seasonal and a Yasmine. Guild bonus of +4 Shield, so even casual members can do it, Kingdom at 14.

I also recommend checking the middle room before starting the first room. This should be done before starting any pure faction delve, but my printer is out of paper, and I keep forgetting without a pre-fight checklist. I fought TWO Bullette rooms yesterday because I didn’t check…

I also had a Gluttony devour a Tartarsauce it’s first cast…ran away after that happened.

Today I got the Rat Pack, and almost got thru intact, but Plague Rat killed Tank and first Tar-blabla before I could summon a new tank, so I killed it before I lost the 2nd.

Final room took 20 minutes, so less than half that of Mirrored Halls. I’d classify that as a win-win. Screenshots available upon request.

Off topic: Save the planet…allow medals to be assigned to teams.

:axe::rage::shield:

7 Likes

Speedrunning a delve 500 is much more fun than doing pure faction, for those of you that have them all completed :grin:

Delve lvl 500 CoT (~1:16) - YouTube

3 Likes

Needs to be a full clear. Quick run to boss limits the # of delves.

Just beat Amanithrax. I found this delve much more difficult than most who have written here—not sure why.

Went in with a Mushroom Man up top and 3 Gobtruffles (both at Gold-Elite).

Loops were hard to come by for whatever reason. Lost Mushroom Man in the penultimate battle of the run, and finished the boss room with only one Gob left, who would have died to a single skull or cast. Just got lucky that neither happened.

My only note of worth, I think, is that 3 Nysha medals are helpful to have equipped :laughing:

Level 15 Zaejin, and 118 Hoard :v:

4 Likes

Fang Moor Level 249
+50% Faction kingdom bonus
2xNysha and 1x Anu (which was not the usual 2xNysha Medal and 1x Nysha token I had been using)

WooHoo!!!
Done and Done, And I mean Done

8 Likes

Is there a consensus on pure faction team for Primal Rift? Searching through this thread I saw multiple teams, but nothing consistent other than hoping the RNG summons Treant.

Well, that is the only path to success. Sorry :slight_smile: Just sit in the first room till it happens.

2 Likes

I liked Redthorn 1st to get some damage done before it died.

Green Golem 2nd because Alderfather’s entangle is random, and sometimes I need that 1st troop entangled.

Dark Dryad’s buff is nice when it hits magic.

And Alderfather, because Treant. I doubt there will ever be consensus on anything other than Treant. gl hf

2 Likes

Put whatever you please on the first 2 slots, 2 alderfather on bottom to replace what dies on top. Idea is to get a treant boosted up and skull everything down.

1 Like

Beat All-Seeing Eye today. Again unexpectedly—I was going with a new strategy (Ocularen Leech / Xerodar / 2x Watch Mother) since the standard setup of Leech/Ocularen/Xerodar/Mother hadn’t been working out for me—and I lost my bottom Mother in the middle room. So I thought I was done for, since I wouldn’t be able to spam enough life into my Leech to keep him going.

Guess not, though :joy:

The team I had for the successful fight was Leech / Xerodar / Mother / Ocularen. It only worked, I think, because I got luckier than I had ever been with Leech casts not borking the board on me, or having skull droughts, or having their Ocularen magically get alignment after alignment.

Luck, luck, luck.

Darkstone at 15, Pet only to Epic (neglected to full-faction at 300), Hoard at 100, all troops gold-elite except Xerodar. 3 Nysha medals to help with attack theft and life gains.

Good luck, all — For the Horde

9 Likes

Thanks @Lorien1973 @Sossitch and @ChunkyMono

1 Like