Concerns w/ 3.4 Pet Obtaining Abuse

You have way to much time on your hands if you are worrying about something as trivial as getting a advantage in getting more useless pets. Me personally could care less about the pets and the orb of growth you will get 99%of the time you fully level one. This is yet another worthless feature.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure the dev thought about that and the pet will be active only for the 30 member already in the guild. That mean if someone join after the rescue is triggered, they won’t see it

2 Likes

1477930704792-tumblr_static_speak_up

3 Likes

If the 1hr window only opens for people who are in that guild at that moment, then it’s a non-issue, yes? Hopping to a new guild would accomplish absolutely nothing since then you’d have to sit and wait for someone to open the next window anyway. Seems like a pretty straightforward solution (and may even already be how it works?).

3 Likes

There was a bug before you could create a new guild and do the guild task to collect gems and then create another guild, rince and repeat. They fixed it so i guess they got their lesson and did it the good way :slight_smile:

I dunno, if someone wants to go through all that trouble I’d say more power to them. They’re just willing to invest more time and effort into the game to get those pets. I’m not because I’m lazy so why should they be prevented from getting something if they’re willing to put the effort into it?

Change guild take 1 min to do, you must be really lazy lol

Personally i would never do that cause i care too much about my stats but i understand there is always people who want to take a shortcut :slight_smile:

I don’t always agree with you, but this whole discussion is preposterous. If a handful of twits want to chase their tails jumping from guild to guild to get more pets, let them. Any self-respecting guild wouldn’t waste their time with this nonsense.

10 Likes

I think you’re making the assumption that “every guild always has an active pet quest”.

You have to find a guild with an open slot. You have to talk them into letting you join for the sole purpose of getting a pet, which means promising them you’ll donate some gold, since that’s the only way you can “pay” players. You have to find a guild that thinks some fraction of a legendary task is worth the effort. You have to leave your guild, send your invite code, wait for the new guild leader to invite you, wait for any other pending “abusers” to finish that transaction, wait for everyone to finish the quest, get your pet, leave the guild, and bug your current guild leader to let you back in.

That’s going to take a bunch longer than 1 minute. Pulling it off in 20 minutes will require impeccable coordination. I can’t imagine guild leaders wanting to put up with it for less than a few hundred thousand gold, and even then their “reward” for that effort is at best 1 legendary task?

It reminds me of a Superman episode where a man had invented a machine that could turn lead into gold, and the villains went to great lengths to kidnap him and steal the machine in a way that thwarted Superman’s attempts of rescue. Only then did they find out the machine could convert 1 lead ingot and 3 platinum ingots into 1 gold ingot, meaning the “ingredients” cost several times more than the gold they got in return.

If people want to spend $10 of effort to get $0.10 in rewards, I say let them knock themselves out. I could change my opinion if it turns out pets are SUPER VALUABLE. But it’s also guaranteed if that is true AND this works, it will be patched very quickly.

1 Like

You must seriously play with some slack and idle bags of sh…
Seriously it takes no time to hop guilds on x1. And especially if you go the route discussed above of prime time guilds doing hunts… so you’ll have 20 or so players who are online AT THOSE TIMES TO LET YOU IN. Don’t know why you think you need invite codes… use global chat and bam. In. Hunt for X hours. Leave. Then go to another timely heavy hunting guild or back to original guild when done hunting.

1 Like

What constitutes a “heavy hunting guild”, and why wouldn’t players very interested in pet hunting just permanently join one of those?

I feel like you’re basing your argument on unpublished mechanics.

1 Like

Well I was talking about actually going out and finding a guild with an active event going on then requesting if they could let you join. I’m just thinking all that going back and forth with the messaging does take a decent amount of time and then having to have to constantly repeat it does take some effort. I’m not saying I’m too cool or I have a life to do something like that. I’m just saying to me it’s more trouble than it’s worth but if some of you can do that then awesome. I’d say get as many pets as you can.

I don’t say i will do it but it’s clearly doable if you make arrangement with 2-3 guild and remove the join only on invite option. Like @Icarium81 mentionned on xbox it could be done really quick

For the jumper, it is quick. For the person trying to manage the invites and keep the right number of players in the guild, it is a lot of work. Then think about trying to get your guild to 40,000 seals, and manage contributions to tasks, and weekly events and everything else that a guild leader has to do, and it makes zero sense to waste time doing this. Just jump into PVP and see if you can find a pet gnome.

2 Likes

Heavy hunting meaning a group of folks who always (or at least that day) are going to be banging out hundreds of fights… then when they finish playing, go home or on to the next most heavily played time zone guild. With it being played around the world it should be possible to find 20+ folks who are heavily hunting with the ability to leave their home guild, at all times of day.

Let’s say I get up at 9 am… I pop in to the 9 am to noon hunting guild. All you do is hunt. No chat. Then when that one starts winding down cause folks go to work or sleep Etc, I go hop in to the noon to 4pm hunters guild…
Is this really that hard to imagine???
Titanfall2 has it and it’s called HAPPY HOUR, where you get extra credits, then you rotate to ANY other group that has set happy hour to that next hour…

More members in a guild equals more seals. Plain and simple. You don’t take your seal progress from the guilds total when you leave. They keep it and you lose the ability to gain those seals again for the rest of the week. I’ve put seals in 4 different guilds one week… They all benefited and so did I.

Great, then have fun jumping from guild to guild chasing pet events. I’m still not convinced in the slightest that there is any motivation on the guild leader’s part to facilitate any of this.

7 Likes

We talking about that but we got no clue how it gonna work , who say you won’t have a pet cap? Maybe you only can rescue 1 pet every day lol and all this conversation would be for nothing.
It is impossible to get a full 30 guild member active at the same time. So what happen to people who are sleeping? Will they still receive the notification? If they do, does the guild will be able to trigger another rescue pet while the sleeping member can’t do their battle?

Let’s just wait and see what will happen before getting crazy

Got no intention of chasing them, just saying it’s possible to hop guilds all day long AND still give your home guild everything it requires.

People surely want to keep their 300M gold donated on their guild menu for the epeenz, no need to worry if you are you a top 50 guild