City of Thieves is literal proof y'all have no idea what you're doing

Spontaneously I’d say that City of thieves is designed with the new lev15 kingdom system in mind (or even with the upcoming lev 20 system).

Clearing it as is now is a chore (mildly said), clearing it with lev 15 corresponding kingdom will be a lot easier (due to the hoard bonus and the kingdom team stacking bonuses).

I’d also guess that this will be the development line from now on, tieing succesful lev 500 runs to high enough kingdom level for the overworld kingdom. So less selfstanding faction lineups in the future…

Mostly Irongut. I didn’t immediately embrace the idea of going 500, especially with that server outage during my main play time, so my stats were low most of the way.

I have beat both Crypt keepers and Primal Rift at 500 with no potions, both factions under level 200 hoard.
I have 8 factions maxed and while this most recent was a pain in the backside and clearly a tough one some strategy made it easy-ish. Cedrick room made my full faction run a breeze. I always buy 10x the power pack when a new faction is released so I didn’t have to spend more just my usual amount.
Delves are a clear gem sink, the harder they are the more people will spend. Don’t be surprised if they continue to get more difficult :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

You missed my point. Did you use 4 unique troops? (Because that’s how the deeds are designed to benefit)

In Primal yes, Crypt no I did not

1 Like

Hoard quality for Primal Rift? Better yet, if you could post the stats bonus it would be appreciated.

I think this is what you are asking for? If not I apologise. Team used is Redthorn, Green golem, Dark Dryad & Alderfather.
It does require some luck and patience. You NEED Dark dryad in boss room and if you can get a Treant up top and hit it on magic you’re almost guaranteed to win.

I’m looking for this bud.

Hey, what about my screenshots? Should do about the same thing.

At the time of completion there were a few points less in kingdom bonuses, few points less in renown bonuses, lower faction pet bonus (Naturally! It was only level 5 pet, instead of level 20.), no Kingdom Team Bonus II.

Here’s how you do full faction team at level 500

Just grind PvP for 23 hours a day and never donate gold to your guild and it will be a lot easier.

Anyone know the gold cost to get to level 1000? I know it cost me a million to get from level 100 to level 180.

7 Likes

I think this is accurate, but correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

“Show me one person who has…” is a dangerous statement because it always leads to…

There are people who have survived parachute failures when skydiving. There are people who have wrestled with jaguars and survived. For anything with a non-zero probability there is SOMEONE who has done it.

That doesn’t mean it’s easy or within the tolerances of “should be attempted”. IMO that’s the firm argument to make here. Not, “this isn’t possible” but “the devotion required is well outside normal parameters”.

1 Like

What a waste of time making it go to level 1000. No one in the world would ever waste that much gold.

I also think this indicates another weird design conflict with “We want it to take a long time…”

The stat boosts happen when you buy in. So it’s least painful to plan, from the start, to get to the end and buy a lot of potions then steamroll the lower levels. The later you decide you want to finish, the longer and harder that climb will be. (I don’t mean this as a criticism of your approach, 4.2.1, just noting it was harder for you because you made the decision later.)

Heck, no, it’s right on target. If I had known from the start I would be buying into Tier VII I could have progressed a lot faster. The problem is that once you buy all those tiers you are deeply committed, if you don’t find enough time within the event duration you’ll have wasted a ton of resources. Something to consider for the next time (which I’m absolutely sure will never happen, for at least another week :sweat_smile:).

3 Likes

The moment that they started selling progression for real money, the game design started pushing you to be perpetually falling behind…unless you buy this AMAZING OFFER LIMITED TIME BUY BUY BUY!. No surprise, really.

2 Likes

There you go :smiley: sorry for delay was away from PS4

1 Like

Make hoard leveling flat exp requirement instead of exponential.
And make sacred treasure drop rates much much higher.
This way, easier to get to lv500.

Isn’t the kingdom bonus that comes via deeds applied to any combination of kingdom troops? Even to a 4x same troop lineup?

I feel like this is something you yourself could of easily checked.

But no. You need at least 2 troops to generate any bonuses.

1 Like