City of Thieves is literal proof y'all have no idea what you're doing

Wasn’t there some mention that it would become more worthwhile to spend your daily sigils on level 500 delves? Has anything changed yet, like the x1 multiplier once your delve hits level 500?

1 Like

No clue. But even that isn’t worth the time. Unless you get lucky and get a great gold amount. But more glory, shards and souls? No thank you. Rather just do Factions once a month like I have been since potions came out. In hopes that I forget what a nightmare the last Faction was before the new one starts.

@Dust_Angel, I just did the math, and you get about 1 XP in treasures for every chaos shard you spend. As you mentioned, you can earn about 12,000 shards per month with a lot of activity. That works out to 12,000 XP (including those Gold Rings everyone should know not to spend). Which is not enough to get a faction to level 199. So we have to assume that

• either we are supposed to be able to do at least some 500 faction clears at Hoard level 100, or
  • we are not supposed to be able to fully-clear one faction a month, i.e. we are supposed to be perpetually falling behind
10 Likes

Well, they could throw in a deed of the color the city attached to the delve needs. For daily sigils only, to prevent excessive event farming.

Don’t even get me started on those things. Literally traps to take advantage of ignorant players. Who feel like complete shit once they learn how much gold they wasted trying to use them for XP. People don’t enjoy playing things where they feel like they got taken advantage of for being new to it.

4 Likes

Entirely different fight. Even with all deeds in the world… Still won’t help enough to make level 500 Delves with an an all Faction team a possibility without Potions. Even spending 3 million + gold on a Faction won’t do enough to make the success rate higher than 50% depending on the Faction.

1 Like

Keep in mind these Kingdom Level bonuses are designed around having 4 unique troops. So show me a single person with a 4 Unique Faction troops team who cleared a 2500 faction without Potions and without selling his or her soul to the devil.

8 Likes

Possibly Primal Rift, if your pain tolerance level is high enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean … Primal Rift 100% can do that, but otherwise… *glares at devs*

1 Like

While playing a video game… originally made to the only challenge the mind… Not your bank account and receding hair line.

Honestly…I haven’t done the research… But the way deeds are set up. I don’t even know if a hoard quality +100% would be though at level 12 and 14. Which is scary when the current bonuses are 25% each.

Devs, yes their are a few worthwhile Faction troops in the game. But no one is using an all Faction team outside of Factions. NO ONE. So if you’re worried about balance in that regard. You shouldn’t be. Specially since I don’t see how hoard quality could matter outside of Factions.
From a monetary perspective. I’m much more likely to spend money when I know the goal is attainable. Like being the first player to craft Xathenos.
But… With factions like City of Thieves…I can’t think… Well if I spend $10 then I know I’ll be able to clear it easily… No, it’s still dependent on luck… which is insane. Outside of opening chests, and begrudgingly, chaos orbs. Nothing else in this game should be lottery based.

3 Likes

Primal Rift can surely be done (I know several people, including myself);
I also did Amanithrax with hoard level 111 (that’s close enough to 100 and, as of late, I generally do 111 for round stat numbers before, possibly, going higher);
Crypt Keepers…if Morana insta-kills their Spectral Knight right away, there is a chance;

Harpies are sort of a conundrum for me. The best I’ve managed is getting full team to boss room, lucky enough to get roll Bladewing’s insta-kill on their Queen X (first cast) and Bladewing (two tries), then getting rid of Harpy Mage. They’re left with four self-summoning Harpies, I spend around 90 minutes boosting Bladewing’s damage via Arcane trait and then lose to skull cascades and skull cascades when neither Harpy summon, nor Harpy Mage summon would activate for me to fill the empty slots.
I’m not sure whether increased horde would help much for this faction.

The issue is the Delve itself. A faction team that can reliably beat level 500 is powerful enough to steamroll the whole Delve up to level 500. Which is probably not something they want to hand out without some serious investment, in either time or money. Personally, I’d prefer the approach where each level 500 win increases your hoard level, so you can slowly work with your daily sigils towards a pure faction win.

15 Likes

Why is that a concern when troops exist to make that happen anyway. Irongut with attack starting at 100 steam rolls everything. :man_shrugging:
And even with great power. The syngergy on an all Faction team is never good. So I’d rather have fast than grindy.

1 Like

You need Irongut (and some appropriate support) for that, which is a very big barrier until you’ve progressed quite a bit into the game. Faction teams don’t take much effort to slap together, chaos shards are easy to come by, even for a level 50 account.

I haven’t sold my soul to the devil yet… The devil wouldnt want my soul :gem_doomskull:

Free design idea:

What if every Faction 500 attempt dropped a trinket? Each trinket had some small chance of increasing your hoard level. Set it at a rate where it’s really likely you’ll get 1 per day, and somewhat likely 2.

Then, you’d know that at least every time you threw yourself at the wall you were making something that resembled progress. You’d still be plenty inclined to buy potions, because 100 days for 100 levels is pretty brutal.

Honestly what gets me is there’s really nothing for the people who play 3-a-day. I’m probably never going to have a weekend or a Tuesday where I can do a full 500 attempt. It’s a time problem, not a money problem. That’s what irks me over and over about delves. It’s only tilted towards the people who can put fairly long hours into an event. How many does it take? 4? 6? And now it’s gating the progress players use to determine where they are in the game.

I guess I’m stuck at midgame forever now? Between pets and faction grinding there’s a pretty big chunk of level 10-15 that just won’t be accessible to me. My only hope is that as whale income tapers off they backfill the mechanic so F2P people can catch up. Maybe after the 3rd map’s out and the whales are chasing that.

It just feels like content for whales and I’m more and more inclined to ignore it out of spite.

3 Likes

Took me around 15 hours for full clears. Definitely not something I’d attempt on Delve Tuesday.

It shouldn’t take 15 hours… what team were you using?

140 class exp points, I’d say it’s something to go for…