Changing Classes

umm. Most of what you say is not exactly right. Earning gems in PVP is extremely hard, especially if you’re a high level player with maxed kingdoms in a guild with all task bonuses. You earn less points per battle than if you were guildless and had not maxed your kingdoms. I tried to race my wife for leaderboard position once or twice. I stood no chance because she is in a more casual kind of guild and they don’t do all tasks. It was a difference of about 10 points (or sometimes more) per battle. After a while that grown into a serious point difference while we had about the same number of 3 trophy battles won. You can get some gems from weekly events but the number of points needed to complete each event just got buffed. So no luck here too if you don’t feel like hunting for yellow troops for hours (for example). What it leaves is a constant grind of treasure maps or hoping to get to a guild that does reasonably well in GW. I wouldn’t say that makes gems “easily” obtainable.

@miedzielski I think you overlooked I did recently make a alt, level 34 unguilded , who earned over 150 in a day. And I did not have to struggle for this. My high level comes into gems like its candy. So I am curious how this is ‘not exactly right’. These are 2 characters I have played. And still play of course. Most know me as Starlight (1100+) on PS4. I mention this for what is to follow. Earning gems in PvP is most certainly not hard as a high level player. My bf also plays GoW and so does my son. None of them have seen a gem stagnation, nor have I. And we all play differently from each other. I’m more about the lets just PvP for what I need than I think they are. How did my low level get so much? PvP & Treasure Maps in a short period within the day I made her. It was not a huge grind. And is completely doable, and a way afforded to all.

You say it like your alt do not need these gems for getting viable troops. Two weeks ago my daughter created an account for herself and since she’s a child I had to help her with getting around. And yes’ she earned enough gems to buy the dragon armor on first week of playing. Then we started using her gems to buy dungeon packs and opening chests. She still pretty much struggles when fighting with bosses, she mostly looses in GW etc. She doesn’t have any gems to “spare” for such things as changing classes. And she’s almost 200th level so she’s going to hit PVP and arena wall soon. As for my own account - with to new modes that are gem sinks - I don’t have any gems to spare either. I am in a good guild but nowhere near bracket 1. So right now, after finishing the event I have 673 gems. I need them for dungeon packs and I try to stash some for the Raid (but I will probably use them only if the rewards get buffed). And yes, I am over 1100th level, and my account is about one and half a year old. I still miss most of mythics (with multiple copies of others, like Death or Draakulis)

@miedzielski My son is 9. As seen in a old post. Before he was guilded me and my bf were even amazed at the resources he had collected on his own. He stated he just did a lot of Treasure Maps as I had suggested it would help him. At first I thought his activity would be low, but hes enjoying the game a lot. Hope your daughter is as well. Its why I didn’t just use me or my alt to compare with, I used my bf who plays very casually, and my son whom I have to fight for PS4 time to even get on with.

Also in this you dismissed some things I had said previously and went straight about the gems. Please take the time to read my posts fully, as I do with every post I reply to. I will repost it below if its needed but can be read above. I like talking to others and talking about things. But if what I write is largely dismissed but still replied to. Then what is the point to equally respond back? If you would like to feel like you are writing me then please do me that favor. Thank you.

Icarium81 I recently made an alt she is only level 34. In the short time I’ve played and also unguilded she is now over 150 gems (even playing Treasure Maps could earn you this 5-15 gems if you wanted to stash your current gem count, and Maps for a lowbie are very key when starting out, and do not take that much time to do). My lowbie was played for 1 day. She also gained almost 40k gold while unguilded, which I used to start a guild with her. Gems are very easy these days to come by. I could see everyones distaste for the cost if gems were harder to come by. Say like a year ago. When I started over a year ago it was a far harder climb for gems. And level does have a lot to do with it. How? A higher level player can earn gems via modes, especially PvP, at a higher rate than a mid-level or a low level. This capacity is diminished of course the lower on the tree you go. So a appropriated gem cost could be instituted. If you consider I said 5 gems as a lowbie, and 50 as a high level (which is at 1300+ right now). At your level it still would be around 10-15 gems. As a lowbie as well I do not see why you would need to switch your class sooner than 24 hours. Remember the 1st change is free. And doable every 24 hours. So if you really think about it have you been needing to switch your class sooner than every 24 hours? Wanting to switch it daily like this? Then you might see what I mean.

miedzielski Thank you kindly for attacking the subject and not the person. As some forgot above when doing some name calling. Even if we should disagree it doesn’t make the person a bad person. I will say I do not see it as a burden. Read the reply I did to Icarium81. I feel the economy is far more giving these days than in past times. So they already reward you a bit better than when I started out. And after you read the reply I made to him. Additionally I will ask … how often do you feel to change your class? And this is pretending there is no cost for this consideration. Do you need to change it often within the 24 hour period? Considering the 1st is free. If you say to yourself … rarely do I change in 24 hours. Then you might arrive a bit where I’m coming from. There are only a few situations where I can see a player needing to change it within 24 hours. And thats if they are using the main in GW and also using the main in normal PvP. And wanting different classes for them both. Which is really the only huge point I think the other side could mention as a reason for the totally free. Which in that case they could simply seperate main class for GW and normal activity. Giving you 2 class picks to use. This way you could have a class you set up for GW. And a class you set for normal activity. Both still under the 24 hour period, and both still using the 1st one is free.

I would like to continue and I can, for now I have to be off. My kids are a small army without me, and I need a electrician to fix a light switch. Though if you dismiss my main points I will not reply (and thus far you have not, I wrote you initially thinking you were reading. Later posts suggest you skimmed or did not). I like talking and being talked to. Not just being talked to. Gem cost is not my main point FYI, read my old posts to discover it.

I read your whole posts but there is no point in arguing about a part you’re right about, is it? I just wanted to point out that price of 50 gems for changing class is unreasonable because there are many more viable options to use them - as dungeon packs or opening chests. It’s not about if it’s “easy” or “hard” to get those 50 gems. It’s about the choice between more and less rewarding option. Changing class is rewarding in some circumstances but never as much as getting a chance for a mythic for the same price. Most of people would feel like they “wasted” those gems. And eventually they can get so dissatisfied and angry about such (seemingly) small things they leave the game altogether. Also I wanted to say that using prices that would scale with level would be actually punishing paying customers who buy Deathknight armor packs. You get to level faster when you have a Deathknight armor but it doesn’t mean that you get more gems. Gold and souls - yes, but not gems. There were already posts on this forum from customers feeling “cheated” on Deathknight packs, the negative outcry would only get louder.

@miedzielski Then our talk is done. You state you have read my posts fully, this also says no you haven’t. So like yourself who likes being read, so do I. My main points were not about gems specifically. And while I could summarize it. That would do injustice to the effort I took to write any of it. I equally do not argue online. I do have no issues with typing or talking however. From where I stand this is a one sided conversation and I am simply being talked to, and my points overlooked. Please have a good day for yourself. Where I live its starting to be a beautiful day and I have time to play with my son. So to the park we go.

@NekrosLucem English is not my first language. If you misunderstood anything I wrote - I am sorry. I will try to write more clearly next time. I did read your posts - entire, whole posts. There are parts in which you are absolutely right and I agree with them. There are also things that, in my opinion, you’re wrong about. You are right, for example, that you can easily earn gems using tresure maps. When I made my account I did not knew about the guild rewards and I played without a guild. All gems for a Dragon armor etc. I earned through treasure hunts (those were a relatively new thing back then, I believe). But those gems were not “free” gems either. I had to “pay” for them with my time. I exchanged time for gems. Any way of getting gems in this game is related with giving something in exchange (unless you’re freeloading in a guild) either be it your time or real money. Changing class fee is a relatively minor inconvenience so for most people it doesn’t feel right to be asked the same price as for a dungeon pack. If the price stays the same as dungeon pack - very few people will be willing to pay it for the sole reason they would feel like they are “wasting” those gems. At the same time having a way to change class is very convenient in some circumstances. So if the price was set to 5 gems (for example) much more people would choose to use it because it would feel “right”, “rewarding” for such a price. Edit: Gods, I’m sorry. I suck at writing longer texts. I don’t know if I were able to clearly state what I think on the subject. Edit2: As for as often I change classes - I used to not change them at all (I am that lazy) after unlocking all weapons. But then the Invasion happened and it pretty much clashed with my favourite Dragon team for PVP (Warden vs Dragonguard) so I had to choose different team for PVP. Again - only a minor inconvienience but still. Only then I felt that a price for changing class is a very annoying feature. Also I believe devs stated that option for a separate class for GW (here I don’t change at all but I know some people do) is for some reason too hard to make. Have I responded now to all your posts? Because I TRULY but TRULY don’t know what else I could ommit in my responses to you. I am not trying to troll you. Not trying to make you feel bad. I just have a different opinion and now I feel like I got lashed at for no good reason at all.

1 Like

@miedzielski Not ever lashed at sweety. Just was feeling I was typing and overlooked. I am glad you took time to write this post (and why I am writing back). Its fine if you suck at English. All that matters is you have a mind and wish to share it. And that’s the most important thing. And your responses in it also connect that I wasn’t just talking about gems (which other responses seemed to tunnel vision only towards). About the utility of changing armors, and how often etc. And when talking about gems I kept mentioning in my past posts about 1 free change every 24 hours. I even added a thought that the developers could enable 2 classes available to players. One for Guild Wars, and another for general use. Effectively making 2 classes that work separately on their own 24 hour timers. And both still allowing the 1st change to be free. Granted the one mentioned for GW could simply be labeled ‘events’ covering GW, Raid, and Invasion. This way no one should really need to change it too often. And if they do still having a applicably scaled gem cost for instances where they would want to do so. My perspective is still on classes and how often they are used and 1st is free, over any gem cost that comes from needing to do it within a 24 hour period. Even though gems was a side focus to what I was thinking. I did attach a amendment that they could enable the use of 2 classes.

As stated in a older post, and quoted here :

Which in that case they could simply seperate main class for GW and normal activity. Giving you 2 class picks to use. This way you could have a class you set up for GW. And a class you set for normal activity. Both still under the 24 hour period, and both still using the 1st one is free.

In ending thank you kindly for reading and I have equally read and responded back.

Now if others can get I was not simply just talking about gem costs I’d love it. Sometimes hard to get people to see what you mean, when you talk about everything in one basket.

1 Like

What’s going on here :thinking: lol such a small topic with a gargantuar* amount of replies.

*pun intended… finally a use for him :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This fee is bad for the game because it is/looks like a P2W feature for newcomers.

Exactly, like the old gold fee for PVP: at that time some/a lot of? reviews told that GoW was a P2W just because of that. In fact, more gold was given at that time so the fee was peanut. But you need to play the game enough and not everyone do that when they’re fast testing. In short, that gave a bad 1st impression about the game.

Not all players want/take time to understand the intention of devs behind a feature like putting a gem fee so that players can feel being a Warrior for a day.

The new events introduce new ways to spend gems: extra tokens to play specific game modes. That’s something fair to spend money. Paying to be able to change your class of your Hero because you want to test a new team is not fair.

2 Likes

@BRchell Tries to be one with the force ‘These are not the mana gems you are looking for’ -waves her hand around-

2 Likes

Now I’m sitting here like :flushed: . I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the same feature somebody (I can’t remember who, I’m sorry) requested earlier (not in this thread) that would “save” the class that is used with each defense team in GW and change it automatically when it’s time to use that defense. And I remember clearly that one of the devs stated that for some reson it’s impossible to introduce. Introducing two classes to be used at once would be a great idea but I guess it may be equally hard to code. Even coding a new, separate slot for raids and invasions messed with rewards gained in there (you don’t actually get the gold the game says you earned), I think a separate 2nd class for GW would pose the exact same problem but with XP instead. But, as I said, it’s only my wild guess, so as long as the devs won’t say it’s impossible we can wish and hope :slightly_smiling_face: . Edit: I was opposed to “saving” class (when I thought you’re talking about such an option, I know my mistake now :slightly_smiling_face: ) because it doesn’t really resolve the problem when a person wants to use hero both in PVP and in GW/Raids/Invasions but with different classes.

1 Like

How to disagree.

1 Like

Each team is separate and the hero class should be able to be the same. We should be able to setup a different class/weapon combo in each team slot. This 1 free change per day is archaic and needs to go.

edited: I missed Salty’s reply above.

How about a compromise of sorts, if they don’t want to get rid of the 50 gem cost, or can’t, how about just change the timer from 24 hours to reset when the day resets? This might seem like a small and insignificant change, but for people that are on around, or before that time, it would let them change classes to get the wins, do pvp, or whatever, and then change back when reset happens. It maintains the cost, keeps it to just 1 switch per day, but gives us a bit more flexibility in that we know exactly what time it’s going to happen, and we can plan around that.

Gw defences are locked in at reset though, so if I plan to use 2 different classes on consecutive days I currently can’t unless I pay 50 gems?.
That is where the frustration comes from for me personally - if the gem price is aimed at end gamers make it 25 or 50k gold instead

How about 50 or 100 maps, that’s sounds reasonable.

Or 500 minor traitstones…

All of the old resources that are useless and we have noting to do with them. Something other then to collect dust.

1 Like

500 minors, You are basicity forbidding ALL new players from being able to change their class. Why not jut say “Player many NEVER change class once selected until level 600”.

The requirement needs to be removed, or on a resource that is available to all levels of play. Like: Nothing, Glory, or Gold.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s beeb so long since I was there it feels like we all have that many minors laying around.

2 Likes

We are getting less free gems than ever before. These new game modes are getting us to spend more gems than ever before and provide more reasons to need to change class. There is no reason whatsoever for them not to remove gem cost. It could be done easily in 5 minutes make cost = 0 or timer 1 hour. It won’t affect the economy. It won’t make players op. They proudly claim to listen to players but yet this small gesture is continually ignored.

3 Likes