Campaign Begins: Leonine Crown

Originally published at: Campaign Begins: Leonine Crown – Gems of War

New Campaign Begins A brand new Campaign begins today, a summons has come from Emperor Khorvash. It seems he is done hiding. Artifact: Leonine Crown During this Campaign, players can earn Stars to level this Campaign’s Artifact – the Leonine Crown. Each new level will expand the story of the Campaign and also give Skill…

Could we please get information on how and when we might be able to obtain the ‘Tarot’ cards after they’re featured in a Campaign’s Elite Pass?

7 Likes

Is that 2 imperial deeds at 250 stars on the elite pass track? That’s different :smiley:

2 Likes

Only 5 Life at Artifact Level 10? Is that the lowest it’s ever been?

You would be correct.

Artifact stats increase weekly based on the stat of each kingdom that the campaign passes through, accumulating for the duration of that campaign. Looks like this campaign only passes through a single kingdom that boosts life.

Stat breakdown of kingdoms passed through for this campaign appears to be : 1 Life (at +5 per kingdom) / 4 Attack (at +3 per kingdom) / 3 Armor (at +5 per kingdom) / 2 Magic (at +2 per kingdom).

6 Likes

What!? You mean it’s not RNG? I thought they just pulled the stats out of… thin air :joy: Amazing, there’s a system behind it. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

Blocked off until Week 6
Screenshot_20210308-125032
And week 10
Screenshot_20210308-125110

Devs the magic stat bonuses are the best parts of the campaign. Specially for free to play players. How are you making this game mode worse instead of better?

What feedback are you looking at?

Like a speaker on a Wandavision “Who’s doing this to you?!?!!”

1 Like

Thanks so much! I would have never caught that; wouldn’t have occurred to an orc like me :joy:

Does make it interesting for the possibility of lopsided Campaigns. An All-Magic Campaign, or an All-Attack Campaign…could be interesting (if not for the anger that might arouse when certain kingdoms don’t show up in rotation for purposes of the Soulforge and such)

1 Like

Apologize for the nitpicking (especially since I had never noticed this so thank you for that), but there’s only 1 magic kingdom in this campaign, the last one being Leonis, which is supposed to give Armor.

Although this can probably be explained as: give +2 magic for the last bonus, regardless of kingdom.

1 Like

Last Campaign gave attack bonus for the final week. I remember that considerably because that gave even less incentive to skip tasks (since it wasn’t magic) but the last kingdom was Suncrest. So you both are right…

The Stat bonus can clearly be cherry picked, but as a general rule goes by Kingdom.

I think the first Campaign was the only time we ever saw a +6 to magic. Maybe Campaign 2 as well? Campaign 3 was only +4 I’m 75% sure.

Reformatting this post with the actual kingdoms (Campaign 1) - Campaign Begins: Seal of Kurandara - #46 by Sytro

lvl 1 → 5 hp Maugrim Woods (Life)
lvl 2 → 10 hp Ghulvania (Life)
lvl 3 → 10 hp, 2 magic Silverglade (Magic)
lv 4 → 10 hp, 3 attack , 2 magic Forest of Thorns (Attack)
lvl 5 → 10 hp, 3 attack, 5 def , 2 magic Glacial Peaks (Armour)
lvl 6 → 15 hp , 3 attack, 5 def, 2 magic Shentang (Life)
lvl 7 → 15 hp, 3 attack, 5 def, 4 magic Karakoth (Magic)
lvl 8 ->15 hp, 3 attack, 5 def, 6 magic Blighted Lands (Magic)
lvl 9 ->15 hp, 6 attack , 5 def, 6 magic Sin of Maraj (Attack)
lvl 10 → 20 hp , 6 attack, 5 def, 6 magic Urskaya (Life)

I rather think that we haven’t got the kingdoms right, and there are in fact 2 magic kingdoms in the current campaign (maybe not - it must end at Leonis Empire right?). Spoilers aren’t always 100% correct. And for posterity, in case we need to refer to campaign 4’s bonuses:

Atk, Atk, Life, Amr, Atk, Magic, Amr, Amr, Atk, Magic

1 Like

The Tarot Cards will be available a few weeks after the Campaign ends as Vault/Cedric drops.

1 Like

Troops that aren’t tied to the Vault as a Kingdom will now start appearing in the Vault?

If that’s correct.
Then it’ll be the same drop rate as Cedric?

Why isn’t Heart of Rage classified as a Mythic troop to justify it’s abnormal rarity in the vault compared to the other Legendary troops?

9 Likes

:scream:

Do you know how many tarot cards there will be? Getting enough of them from the Vault will be painful :frowning:

4 Likes

They’re locked in when the Campaign starts. Its typically locked in even before that, since they have to write Artifact Lore for the Kingdom for the Campaign.

Campaigns offer less flexibility for the devs.

That…makes them a lot rarer than people probably thought originally.

Was this ever advertised as being the case for The Sun?

5 Likes

Ninja nerf to Heart of Rage drop rates. :partying_face:

The Sun was being pulled from chests Legendary Tasks as soon as it was available to Elite+ Pass holders. I’m confused by this - are Tarot cards (The sun, the emperor) not just regular Legendary cards? Is that a copy-paste from HoR being available as a Vault troop, and you actually mean to say “as chest drops”?

Obligatory link to a post that links to a post that links to the first question about The Sun.

1 Like

HoR is a Vault Kingdom troop.
The sun and the Campaign 4 troop aren’t.

2 Likes

*Blackhawk troops except those exclusive to the vault and the Soulforge.

Just an example of the clarifier that SHOULD be featured on the screen somewhere. Unless misleading players is 100% on purpose.

(I’m aware there’s no Blackhawk troops that are exclusive as of right now.)

Campaign 3 already deviates from the Kingdom Skill = Artifact bonus story:

1 Zhul’Kari (magic) 100 120 0l,0at,0am,+2m
2 Stormheim (life) 200 240 0l,+3at,0am,+2m <<<<<<<<<<
3 Bright Forest (life) 300 360 +5l,+3at,0am,+2m
4 Merlantis (life) 400 480 +10l,+3at,0am,+2m
5 Adana (armor) 500 600 +10l,+3at,+5am,+2m
6 Pan’s Vale (life) 600 720 +10l,+3at,+5am,+4m <<<<<<<<<<
7 Zaejin (life) 700 840 +10l,+6at,+5am,+4m <<<<<<<<<<
8 Broken Spire (life) 800 960 +15l,+6at,+5am,+4m
9 Khaziel (life) 900 1080 +15l,+6at,+10am,+4m <<<<<<<<<<
10 Suncrest (atk) 1000 1200 +15l,+9at,+10am,+4m