Campaign Begins: Leonine Crown

Acording to wikipedia, there are 22 Major Arcana Tarot cards…:

So… i’d guess anywhere from 6 to 22 :laughing:

Since @cyberkiwi cited last campaigns tabels, here’s one for current campaign:

Week Kingdom free pass point elite+ points skill free stats elite+ stats diff GW week
1 Blackhawk 100 120 attack 0hp,3att,0arm,0m 0hp,3att,0arm,0m 0 1
2 Wild Plains 200 240 attack 0hp,6att,0arm,0m 0hp,6att,0arm,0m 0 0
3 Shentang 300 360 life 5hp,6att,0arm,0m 5hp,6att,0arm,0m 0 0
4 Drifting Sands 400 480 armor 5hp,6att,5arm,0m 5hp,6att,5arm,0m 0 0
5 Sins of Maraj 500 600 attack 5hp,9att,5arm,0m 5hp,9att,5arm,2m 2 magic 1
6 Silverglade 600 720 magic 5hp,9att,5arm,2m 5hp,9att,10arm,2m 5 armor 0
7 Whitehelm 700 840 armor 5hp,9att,10arm,2m 5hp,9att,15arm,2m 5 armor 0
8 Sword’s Edge 800 960 armor 5hp,9att,15arm,2m 5hp,12att,15arm,2m 3 attack 0
9 Pridelands 900 1080 attack 5hp,12att,15arm,2m 5hp,12att,15arm,4m 2 magic 1
10 Leonis Empire 1000 1200 magic 5hp,12att,15arm,4m 5hp,12att,15arm,4m 0 0
1 Like

Coincidence? 2 GW weeks, 2 Magic diff both times. :man_shrugging: :thinking:

@Sytro instead of plagiarising your table, could you add a “skill” column and highlight the [free stream] stat that increased that week?

Where’s my vomit emoticon :face_vomiting: this is a really, really, really terrible idea. I STILL feel
Rage about the whole heart of rage issue. In addition, you are skirting dangerously closely to violating loot box “laws” by not disclosing drop rates of troops you can buy for… cash, essentially.

7 Likes

Just another advance “lesson” that all the good little players should be buying elite (lol) pa$$es.

/s, just in case that wasn’t clear

“Check out this HUGE pain point that’s going to get worse over time. Prepare to suffer, or open your wallet. Your choice.”

1 Like

This is worse, you can’t even buy this. You get ONE tarot card from the elite pass. You will want to get it to mythic for kingdom power. That’s 5 copies still needed or an ascension orb. And I’m sure the next “8 orbs of power” mythic is coming up soon too.

Meh.

4 Likes

more next level of aggravating inconsistency… “The Sun” is not a Vault troop.
it would be nice if it was changed to Vault kingdom or had some sort of in game indication of what the total list of Troops are now that drop from Vault since its no longer only that kingdom…

7 Likes

Would be a bit more consistent if the Tarot troops are labelled as belonging to “The Vault/kingdom.”

Much like Faction troops are displayed as “Faction/associated kingdom.”

4 Likes

Not sure if designating it as Vault kingdom improves consistency, since not all Vault troops are available from the Gnome Vault.

Without changing the kingdom, currently

• (either): Troops from Vault “kingdom” except treasure troops can be dropped from Gnome Vault battles.
  • (or): Treasure Gnomes, Valravens and Heart of Rate can be dropped from Gnome Vault battles.

Just becomes

• (either): Troops from Vault “kingdom” except treasure troops, plus Tarot cards can be dropped from Gnome Vault battles.
  • (or): Treasure Gnomes, Valravens, Heart of Rate and Tarot cards can be dropped from Gnome Vault battles.

FWIW I would love to see a full drop % table for Gnome Vault, but since Vault keys cannot actually be bought for real money directly or even indirectly, IANAL but I don’t believe it falls under jurisdiction of loot box laws.

1 Like

They have flash offers all the time for them. :person_shrugging:
You’ll see one for yourself in about 10 days from now.

2 Likes

In the devs opinion because chests can be opened with resources and not directly with real $$$ means they’re not loot boxes even though those resources can be bought with real $$$. Apparently having a ‘middle man’ between real $$$ and the loot boxes makes it ok. :unamused:

3 Likes

In regards to the upcoming vault weekend, will the Sun troop be in the drop pool?

If these tarot cards follow normal troop restrictions, is it 3 to 4 weeks after the campaign ends, or after the week when they would be obtained for the elite pass? This is the difference between saving vault keys this weekend or using them in hopes of getting lucky.

I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but is it really so hard to say “x days/weeks from this calendar date”?

11 Likes

It’s always been a pet peeve of mine saying 3-4 because it’s ALWAYS 4. I have no idea why they have forever said 3-4. With these campaign troops it’s even more vague.

3 Likes

I think with regards to “3-4 weeks”, they probably phrased it like that to cover counting either 4 weeks from the start of that event/time the post was made, or 3 more weeks after the end of that event. I’m not necessarily saying the second interpretation is a good one, and in the case of Bounty would be wrong (3 weeks, 4 days, instead), just maybe that’s how some people viewed it.

So I totally agree that “… 4 weeks from now” (i.e. the Troop’s release) would be clearer/less ambiguous than, e.g.

And agreed that it’s been different and still unclear with regards to Campaign troops, seeming to probably be 4 weeks from the end of the Campaign regardless of when it was released or became available for Elite(/+) Pass owners? But yeah, idk.

I rather feel they phrased it that way because they forgot to add troops often enough in the past, so once the community started wondering they could ninja it in and still claim everything was working just fine. Unfortunately Gems of War has been pretty much abandoned by devs by now, they’ve moved on to Puzzle Quest 3. I suspect the only way we’ll learn about The Sun being on the pool is from some player actually pulling it.

3 Likes

Maybe not the correct topic to bump but hoping someone with a lot more disposable keys confirms this. Since I’m still searching for HoR, I’ll probably use mine anyway. But it would be nice to know whether I can hope for two elusive troops rather than just one.

4 Likes

i didn’t hear of anyone getting the sun right now from vault keys, so i fear we have to wait another week.
but in general i wonder why there isn’t any riot about that, cause after a few campaigns it will be impossible to get all these vault troops (think about HoR) for a f2p player.

The devs should take the opportunity NOW to put it in the drop pool with the other Suncrest Troops, since the kingdom on the card says Suncrest. And then announce "Hey, just in case there was any confusion…The Sun is a Suncrest troop and will be available like other Suncrest troops.

2 Likes

People making it out as if this were new.

• Penguin is a Stormheim troop. It contributes to Kingdom power level.
  • It is NOT available from Event Keys during Stormheim weeks.
  • It is NOT available from any other key.
  • It is ONLY available from GW.

Similarly,

• The Sun is a Suncrest troop. It contributes to Kingdom power level.
  • It is NOT available from Event Keys during Suncrest weeks.
  • It is NOT available from any other* key.
  • It is ONLY available from Vault battles (i.e. using a Vault* key).

Also,

• Queen Beetrix is a Drifting Sands troop (and also faction). It contributes to Kingdom power level.
  • It is NOT available from Event Keys during Drifting Sands weeks.
  • It is NOT available from any other key.
  • It is ONLY available from Chaos Portals.

For a period of time (nobody has reported since), The Sun was available in the Legendary Task drop pool. That was evidently an error.

Regarding Vault battles (started with vault key)

• Troop rewards from Vault battles all currently come from “The Vault” kingdom
  • However, not all “The Vault” kingdom troops are in the drop pool (e.g. Gold Ring)

If everyone is SOOOO concerned about consistency, then the below will be more consistent. I don’t know that I like it better.

• Change “The Sun”'s kingdom from Suncrest to The Vault. So it’s like Heart of Rage.
  • Personally, I like it being Suncrest better. :man_shrugging:
3 Likes

I had members complain about not getting it from event keys. But to be fair. Your example is also a common base troop and they recently started being included in event keys. (I’m 70% sure they weren’t before).

I’m 100% sure they aren’t exclusive to GW though you’re right they can’t be found in chests. They can be found in Guild event tiers… Such as Stormheims Raids event.

Will The Sun be available the same way?

It should be given your example. Will it be? Probably not.