Bring Back Guild Wars Every Week

Your player base are pretty vocal that they hate raid and invasion and bounty since they are all basically clones of each other. They have different names but they are not different at all. I’m fine with a rotation but these events are mind numbingly boring.

4 Likes

No thanks, I like GW every 3 weeks so I can train during 2 weeks and also get enough new troops to maybe change my teams.

Players have also to understand that only the top guilds get awesome rewards, some guilds correct rewards and others get peanuts.

But I agree with others, the new Events should be improved (better scale of level troops for RB, better battle rewards, etc.). Since they were added to the game nothing have been done…

3 Likes

Well, if raids and invasions were added to stop people from complaining…it backfired.

1 Like

There is nothing Gems devs could do to stop people complaining, as has been said upthread. It would just be different people doing the complaining.

To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

4 Likes

Nah every 3 weeks is fine. I like the other game modes though I think they need to be tweaked a little so its not as repetitive . We seem to always be getting something new to keep the game fresh . My gem count is way low anymore but I scrape by with what I got. :space_invader:

I actually stopped playing as much because guild wars every week was cut out. I had to leave my guild and go to another one with lower to no reqs. I love GW! Im not a fan of any other modes except dungeon.

3 Likes

No thanks to this request.

3 Likes

Happy… Doesnt sound the next update changes anythink there like i hoped…
In our (Top PS4) guild we love GW but the motivation for the raid and invasion are also getting lower and lower.
We are thinking about to stop playing the boss raid, Invasion is a little bit better. As high levels we also dont even need the reward, just the very rare blue asc orb.
Perfect would be GW every two weeks. Perhaps the other events in a rotation.
A new competive mode where you dont need all 30 members would be better.

2 Likes

If I had my way, I’d scrap guild wars altogether. With its bugs, it’s a nuisance, more so seeing how long they’ve been going on. I like the new modes, it challenges you to build teams with alternative restrictions.

2 Likes

Case in point:

It literally doesn’t matter what the developers do (or don’t do). Someone will come onto the forums and state that things were better before the change (or no change).

4 Likes

@Grundulum nails it.

This is because everyone enjoys Gems of War in different ways! That’s why we offer a variety of things to do in game in order to appeal to as many of our players as possible. Some people are competitive players, others like the lore, while many only enjoy playing Treasure Hunt. All are valid!

1 Like

Treasure hunts are not valid. :yum:
But seriously… Any plans to alter Raids to make them more enjoyable?
If you tell me a large number of people enjoy the raids then your numbers are seriously skewed and not accurate.

2 Likes

Whats the Problem with Guild Wars Every Week Salty? You can count only the best 25 players of Every Guild and no one have a Burnout Problem in the Future

I get that a significant amount of people did have a problem with GW and the stakes of it, and while i think that is a personal attitude problem of people putting too much pressure on themselves i realize that moving away from GW was a logical decision of the devs in this age.

But can we please somehow reutilize the model of GW regarding the troop selection?
Raids and Invasions turn out to be boring dragfests most of the weeks due to troop selection being limited to kingdoms and types and additionally Towers and Bosses being immune to everything.
If all trooptypes were as well designed as Divines that would be great and all, but currently that means that we play with unsynergetic clumps of troops that just spam basic damage most of the time and basically all players playing the same very onedimensional teams.

Limitation by colour and the ability to utilize status effects made for much much much more interesting team compositions and variety in playstyle, something i really miss with Raids and Invasions.

9 Likes

They’ve added Ingots in the Raid Shop which is nice:
A reward for paying

It would be cool to have a guaranteed Orb of Ascension at Portal 10:
A reward for playing

I also like the idea of adding trophies to Raids/Invasions battles.

Not complaining…just wishing

3 Likes

Have you not read the responses in this thread? THAT’S what’s wrong with GW every week. Half the people in here that responded no to weekly GW are in the top 5 brackets. They do GW because their guild philosophy is based around winning & being on top, not necessarily because they like it.

My guild will be in bracket 2 again for the next GW and we haven’t been lower than bracket 5 in forever. I don’t want to see GW return to weekly as much as I enjoy the competition & rewards. At least a 3rd of my guild would not participate in GW if it wasn’t one of our reqs. They do it because they like the guild & the people in it & it’s only 1 week & 5 battles each day then done. Another 3rd are very competitive and love it more frequently, while the final 3rd could care less either way.

While your opinion is shared by some, it’s opposed by at least an equal number. Increasing GW frequency because of boredom with raid/invasion is not the solution. It’ll only serve to expedite boredom & frustration with GW. @Gouki is right that the real issue is with raid/invasion. Although many people are doing them, many of them aren’t enjoying it (though admittedly there are those that do enjoy them). They’re just doing them for the rewards for the whole guild, and if it weren’t for feeling they let their guild down, wouldn’t do them either.

I’m confident at some point the devs will see a drop in participation in raid/invasion as the zuul chasers eventually achieve their goal & no longer care as much about orbs. The rewards although nice will eventually no longer be enough to force people to trudge through these modes.

3 Likes

The playerbase is also pretty dang vocal that they hate Guild Wars. And PvP. And Explore. And Challenges. And Treasure Maps. And the map screen, various bits of the UI, and so on and so on.

One reason is humans are more likely to take an action if they’re angry, so any kind of survey/feedback system is going to have a bias towards negatives. Another is detailed in enough of my posts: the F2P cycle means constantly changing the game to attract new audiences who haven’t “already spent too much”.

The devs are looking at player engagement numbers, probably including number of gems spent and bought. Salty straight up told you there was no change. That’s the thing about addictive behaviors: you can hate the thing you’re doing and condemn it, but you’re still going to keep doing it.

The loudest voices are the ones who will threaten to quit the game 9 times over a week over 4 different things. They’re not even standing at the door threatening to leave. They’re on the couch, under a pile of blankets, yelling about how they’re ready to leave at any moment. That’s not a threat, and they’re not planning on leaving.

The most important voices are the ones who don’t make a post. They uninstall the game and stop coming to the forums, the end. They didn’t need drama, because they decided they were going to quit and did it.

This is true of a lot of behaviors. People who threaten doing a thing a lot rarely follow through. They’re looking for validation, support, the rush of someone saying, “No, wait!”, etc. People who plan on doing a thing just do it. The thing is their “reward”.

Salty’s post confirms we have a lot more threat than action. Threats are loud, but actions get things done.

2 Likes

If they bring back weekly Guild Wars, I’ll be the player leaving. Each player wants a different game. Not everyone will be happy. Right now the game avoids having too much of one thing.

1 Like

Salty is a pr person of course she isn’t going to say anything negative about any aspect of the game or confirm it if they had lost a large number of players. She is a spin Dr plain and simple. To be clear I don’t want Gw back every week. Every other would be nice but the current rotation is fine also if they actually came out with 3 unique game modes not clones with different names.

1 Like

Generally you don’t outright lie if you want to put spin on something. Generally the devs don’t confirm anything about the internals, so when they put their name on a statement it follows it’s something they’ll defend. “We haven’t seen a significant change in player behavior” is also consistent with, “we have continued to introduce modes that are not Guild Wars”.

You can go on believing that a large portion of the playerbase quit, but it’s probably more true that it’s simply a large sample of “the players with which you interacted”, which is still a very small portion of the playerbase.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out more than 95% of the game’s players have never even registered for the forums or posted a single message in global chat.

3 Likes