Guild Wars, a wrench in the system

The game play of GW was great. Loved it. However that shit fest regarding recruitment has been a complete disaster. We have not been able to figure out when people should move into the guild.

Because the rewards come AFTER reset, it is making ppl not want to switch until Monday. which means the have to decide what matters more: the loss of rewards, or the loss of task rewards that sometimes are filled right after reset.

THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE. Move first day of GW to monday, giving the weekly reward on Sunday. This brings Everything into sync. As is, this is causing huge frustrations for players and guild leaders. The Unholy Family (unrepentant, purgatory, abaddon) are really seeing the effects because we have 90 players that ocassionaly move from one guild to another. Please fix this imediately.

12 Likes

I agree it should start on Monday and have Sudnay as preparation day.

2 Likes

Monday - Saturday with GW rewards at Sunday reset is what should have been implemented to begin with. It’s enough of a struggle to get people to read/ listen to task orders in most guild… let alone saying STOP! Collaborate and listen…

Monday has always been a taboo day for guild swaps. It just makes no sense…

2 Likes

I’d rather cut a day off of Guild Wars and have it run Tuesday - Saturday.

I like to have the ability to not feel I HAVE to play GoW on Sundays.

4 Likes

Same problem. If people move on Sunday they lose the weekly GW rewards, which is unfair for them. If they move on Monday, we are not sure we are going to be able to be 30 next week with the bug. So how are we supposed to do?

3 Likes

My guess is there was some compelling reason the Devs wanted to issue all the rewards on Monday (i.e. guild, GW, weekly, etc). I don’t know if this reason was technical or if it was simply so they’d have staff around to deal with issues but I agree from a players point of view that the Monday - Saturday with prep day on Sunday makes so much more sense for so many reasons.

3 Likes

It’s easier for many (most?) people to play on the weekend than on a weekday. Could be as simple a reason as when most players are playing the game.

I would rather have Guild Wars be an event that takes 2 weeks instead of 1 week to prevent burnout.

1st colour - Monday and Tuesday
2nd - Wednesday and Thursday
3rd - Friday and Saturday
…Sunday rest day…
4th - Monday and Tuesday
5th - Wednesday and Thursday
6th - Friday and Saturday
…Sunday Rewards and preparation…

So basically players have 2 days for each war. Or heck go even further and only play 1 battle each week (1 colour per week).

1 Like

My guess is the timing is due to server resources, and not wanting the GW reset to overlap with the weekly reset.

Considering how upset I am this morning with GW, this post literally literally caused me to LOL at work. Totally made my morning. Props to @Cuddlesworth - word to your mother :grin:

2 Likes

That is probably true for the population-at-large but in our guild at least, we’ve had more members let us know they’d have more of a problem playing both Saturday and Sunday than during the week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Someone hasn’t had their coffee yet this morning. :wink:

1 Like

My phone doesn’t fully wake up til Tuesday afternoon is all :grin:

2 Likes

I’d guess it is having staff on hand. It’s why they didn’t want to roll out GW over Easter. And think about what a disaster this rollover was, with missing rewards and GW player data not saving ect ect. Would you want all that happening in the middle of the weekend and go 24 hours unaddressed? They’re catching enough flack for it as is.

3 Likes

Presumably there’s also more players on the weekend so they don’t want to be doing big calculations while there’s peak users. Imagine trying to upgrade your Sentinels when there’s double the users on… I believe that’s why the weekly rollover was scheduled for Monday to begin with.

1 Like

So the ppl who joined us on Sunday didn’t get GW rewards…the ppl who switched on Monday? Yea, they cant PLAY AT ALL THIS WEEK. W T F. just move day one to Monday so we can get on with enjoying this rather than wanting to shoot ourselves.

While this bug is indeed disappointing and frustrating, I’m not sure shooting ourselves is the right answer. It is, after all, a game.

1 Like

I’m confused. My assumption is that the wars conclude on Sunday, you get your rewards on Monday, you switch Guilds on Monday, and you Register on Monday. Assuming you switch on Monday, I assume you are then able to participate in that week’s war in your new guild, and then get the rewards for that guild the following Monday?

I know there was a bug the first week, but is this not how it’s intended to work? Is this not fixed? And what’s the problem with this flow?

1 Like

We had a member join on Monday last week. He could see all of our progress and he even got daily rewards but he was locked out of the battles.

The big issue is that while it could be fixed, we won’t really know until tomorrow by which time, any new members would be locked out.

Right, my impression is that it was a bug that’s been fixed. Let’s hope that’s true. If it is, it seems like there’s no problem…

1 Like

Yeah, the only issue at this point is that if it isn’t fixed, some guilds are potentially going to get screwed for the 2nd week in a row since they said it can’t be fixed mid-week. So here’s to hoping it’s fixed.

3 Likes