Guild Wars, a wrench in the system

That is not the only issue. If you read the original post, there are many other issues with guild swapping on Monday.

Missing out on tasks that were competed. Alot of the top guild have all tasks competed within hours of reset.

Collecting seals in another guild first.

Three a few others but those are the main 2 glaring problems.

1 Like

Those don’t necessarily apply to GW though.

1 Like

Allow for scheduled guild switch? Ie i could enter on friday that I want to move to guild X on Monday and it would move me over on Weekly reset?
Probably too complex of a solution though.

It does indirectly have to do with GW.

On a side note… I think they should make GW a 20 person thing and not a 30. I’m gonna go ahead and assume almost every guild has some newer players. Or ones missing key troops. Or just want/ need time to traitstone farm. Or simply are leaving guilds because GW is too much for whatever reason.

Guild leader picks (or some variation) 20 people to play that week. that way is the best of both world. If you wanna participate great! If not. That’s fine too… no need to find a new home.

2 Likes

@Cuddlesworth its a good idea but the flaw is guilds like mine. I am the GM and im sure i would have 10 members who every week would be upset at not being able to participate. Everyone in my guild seemed to really like GW myself included

4 Likes

Exactly. Currently, in the top guilds, people changing guilds have the choice between missing the GW rewards and missing the weekly tasks.

2 Likes

I understand that. However I think that’s the minority of the guilds at this point in time. The forums are indication enough that there is serous issues with its current implementation. It would be much easier to have guilds such as yours bench 10 til next week than have alot of guilds losing players because it just doesn’t interest them.

In a competitive guild what for you do if 2 ppl go on vacation? Or lose their internet? RL issues come up for all of us… It shouldn’t be based on a full 30 man guild.

1 Like

Correct concept wrong Implementation

To do this correctly the Guild leader does not do anything. The final total for the Guild would be based on the TOP 20-27 finishers in the Guild handled automatically (or whatever # the Developers decide). 27 based on previous numbers used by the developers for Guild Seals: 1,500 Seals x 27 members = Max Guild Chest

1. Everyone can participate if they want
  2. RL and Vacations can be accommodated.
  3. Even if you score is garbage and discarded you still get the guild rewards. (for your guild)

Separately something will need to be done to accommodate players changing Guilds.

10 Likes

I mean yeah i get it and you are correct that we are in the minority and i would never support sacrificing the many to please the few i just wonder if there isnt a middle ground somewhere…

You had an excellent idea and im not denigrating it by any means and without any better ideas that ive seen its probably the fairest thing to do but i will hate to have to decide who gets to take part in GW and who doesnt

The few guilds like mine may even lose members over it…

I really love this idea. :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

In our guild, we just wait for the newcomers… And after we do our guild tasks…
Guildmaster can put “NO GUILD TASK” in the announcement if he knows that someone have to be hired.
And it works because we did it for few months with a “No Guild Tasks on Monday” rule.

You’re welcome ;-).

2 Likes

Let’s go through the week, showing what happehappens to a player who joins on any particular day:

Monday: can participate in gw, get GW rewards from previous week. BUT may lose some task rewards.
TUESDAY: can’t participate in gw, gets GW rewards, loses lots of task rewards.
Wed:: can’t participate in gw, gets GW rewards, loses lots of task rewards. Lose current weeks rewards?
Thurs:: can’t participate in gw, gets GW rewards, loses lots of task rewards. Do they lose current week rewards.
Friday, saturday: same as above.
Sunday: same but lose minimal task rewards?

When would the devs suggest ppl join guilds now? GW rewards come around only once every 6 weeks. ALL OF THIS COULD BE SOLVED MY MOVING THE FIRST GW TO MONDAY INSTEAD OF TUESDAY!. This doenst solve moves mid week, but it at least makes GW not span two weeks any more

People waiting a week or whatever for the next reward cycle won’t kill them. If they join mid week, too bad so sad, they weren’t a part of the guild when the tasks were completed.

There is no problem here.

6 Likes

Is players switching guild a common thing? I’ve been in ours for 445 days, it’s the first one I joined and I was never thinking of leaving. Guess I got lucky. Though I suppose we do get our share of people joining and leaving.

I don’t quite see the problem here though (aside from the bugs, but let’s assume those will be fixed). If you’re expecting a new member, tell people to hold off on doing tasks. Some won’t read and they’ll do it anyway, but even if only half the members do, the new player still gets some goodies when joining.

Also, maybe a player missing out on a few tasks is fine. Maybe switching guilds should come with a price so people are encouraged to try to stick it out, help build up their current guild instead of switching for a better one? Ideally the price isn’t missing out on a guild war, but a few missed tasks? That’s fine.

1 Like

the reason was they dont want more traffic at weekly reset/monday then the pvp is already making, at least thats how i understood it
(dont have the quote but it probably is somewhere out there)

i rather agree to cut one day off and have no gw fights at sunday, and not give any attacks at monday