Bring Back Guild Wars Every Week

And that’s why I quit b1 and being in top end guilds. The bugs got too much and therefore felt like holding guilds back on points. At least where I am now the bugs don’t have a detrimental effect.

1 Like

They introduced one new mode and cloned it with 3 different names.

1 Like

Quit… or got kicked out and not invited to a top tier guild?
Many former players of top guilds hate guild wars, because they can’t compete and lose in competitive events like this. And became bitter because they could no longer enjoy all the benefits and loot that comes with a top tier guild.

1 Like
  1. If you think they are increasing the frequency of GW without massively NERFing the rewards you haven’t been paying attention this last 6 months.

2. Every week is too often, I’d be fine with every other though.

3. Slightly off topic Raid needs a buff to fun or rewards. Its too Slow, limited troops, slow, not fun. Lots of options: Collapse the tier rewards to 8 or 10 distribute existing rewards downward, or increase all rewards, etc…

1 Like

95%!? Too high.

I recall doing the math of the X1 environment as best I could 18 months ago, and estimated the forum to player population at roughly 1 forum poster per 1,500 active players.

I’d suggest reading my post again if you didn’t understand it the first time. After you’ve done that you clearly see it stated quit because of the bugs didn’t it? My choice I left, nobody else’s. I could go back if I want but I don’t, @Santandrix will tell you that.

2 Likes

Bugs were a minor if best (worst :roll_eyes:) annoyance. The lure of those 1500 gems :star_struck:

But hey, when its no longer fun, change it up.

1 Like

Even if GW locked you into only using certain colors regardless of score, at least it didn’t say use status based troops that do nothing to the boss or tower. A siegebreaker with entangle is as useless as a screen door on a submarine. I understand burnout on GW, but these modes outside of some invasions, barely sparked to begin with.

I’m all for an alternating events with GW at least once every other week with either raid or invasion as it is now. If raids or invasions got changed, then it would be fine. But there has been no other reason I’ve seen other than it’s different for the preference. I like the idea, and even enjoy invasion most weeks, but they are not worth the time as they are now. There is no good challenge that I don’t get out of GW and artificial difficulty of raids especially is ridiculous. It’s even more monotonous than GW as it always devolves into an armor stripper, than boss killer, and pray the remaining troops don’t ohko your troops.

4 Likes

Pun king… where was the pun in that.

Hmmm, how about a visual for an armor stripper?
images%20(2)

1 Like

Precisely. If I am saying something in an official context I have to be certain of the statement and have adequate reason and proof to back it up.

I am likely the least spin doctory Communications Manager you’ve had the pleasure to share a forum with. At Gems of War we always aim to be as transparent as we can with our playerbase. We interface with our community and players more than nearly every other studio I have seen.

Also, I like to think I am this kind of spin doctor…

tumblr_inline_oyverzyw1q1uwwcre_540

5 Likes

David Tennant 4 lyfe

1 Like

Should be more like this doctor…

@Saltypatra

1 Like

I’m old…i watched Dr. Who when Hartnell was the man, but Pertwee is my favorite

1 Like

(Now that I’ve let this thread stew for a bit…)

On top of me wanting/liking GW because I happen to be good at it…

I find it pretty easy to dislike the other modes because of how repetitive they are, as well as because they make us get all these “new content” troops that simply suck. We get epics that have no use outside of that one event, and watered-down rare troops for bounties. And because of the influx of epics, we can’t get much else happening on those weeks, so we get inundated with lesser troops (which we admittedly need but its not fun).

So on top of the modes’ respective playability levels, the raids and invasions make us have weeks where, by default, we will not get useful troops for general-purpose play. That’s not healthy.

I will spare us another rant about the fake leaderboards. We’ve heard that enough from me alone.

9 Likes

This thread is probably dead, but I’ll go ahead and say it anyway…
The reason Guild Wars is every 3 weeks is because of the gem flow, duh. The only thing you can spend gems on in GW are sentinels, and there are only 5 levels of them. That means, that not only is the amount of gems possible to spend very limited, but almost everyone is earning more gems out of GW than they’re dumping in. On the flip side, there is no limit to what you can spend in raids and invasions, you can get rid of all your gems chasing the leaderboards.
Now, I’m not saying this to demonize the devs. You can’t blame a businessman for doing business, can you? I just really don’t like the sort of PR talk that always goes along with unpopular decisions. You know, the whole “we’re responding to player feedback” routine. There is a saying in my country, that describes this sort of behavior: “to spit in one’s eyes and say it’s the rain”. So yeah, please don’t do that, don’t be like EA.

4 Likes

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but just found these two statements ironically contradicting, as EA does the ‘businessman doing business’ thing literally better than anyone else in the field and i very much do blame them for it, as aparantly you do too :wink:

That last paragraph is specifically about PR language, which is what I’m really criticizing, so I don’t know if it’s actually a contradiction. As you know, EA’s PR bs is even worse than their business practices.

I guess it is not a contradiction then.