Bounties

@Santandrix i realise people are more crazy on xbox lol they are over 1,2M

2 Likes

You might want to look again, 1.2 M on X1 will get you 3rd place.

1 Like

Lol i just checked again, over 1,5M now wow

eek quite a waste of gems…idk what to think about that…lmao

Can you really put a price on a week of e-pride?

#1 finished with a score of at least 1.7m. Aye carumba!

1 Like

This is may officially be my new least favorite of the new modes (we’ll see how bad the one-shot kills are this week). Invasion is the best new format hands down.

My issues with bounties:

1. The troops are underwhelming. They are just not fun to play with so far. The format becomes how many ineffective troops can you stand to bring into a painfully long battle.
  2. Battles are looong. For the most part that’s okay. The issue is that they exist on top of Guild Wars (or the weekly Guild Event). As a weeklong standalone event, this is fine. As a weekend event it’s just an overwhelming amount of things to be done. It piled on top of Guild War and was during a week where only yellow troops in PVP count for snotstones so it felt like being pulled in too many directions at once. Having to choose which ones to complete is not fun.
  3. The number of points involved in finishing bounties was quite high. It was indicated that this well be raised in future events. At the time I fell asleep last night about 4 hours before cutoff, the #100 rank on x1 was below 200k points. That means that by the end of the event, the number of people on the platform that finished the event was in the low hundreds. That’s discouraging. For the other events, it felt like you needed to finish the rewards before you chased leaderboard positions, not the other way around.

On the plus side, the slight buff to rewards was nice-- we got slightly more gems and more major orbs.

1 Like

You know, I did some thinking and in one way, Bounty is the best game mode, especially if you’re spending gems. “Why?”, you might ask. Because, you’ll actually get to use the troops over and over again, every month and once the old ones are in Chests, you can ascend them and make them better for points.

Raids, on the other hand, troop-wise, is the worst. Why? Because the rotation is based on Kingdoms, and there is a lot of them. If you have 33 kingdoms and Raids come every 3 weeks, that means it will take 99 weeks for the first kingdom to “come back around” (that’s almost 2 years).

This is assuming they rotate every week and there are no duplicate weeks. But, actually, it’s more than almost 2 years, because, in that time, they will add more kingdoms, and they go in the rotation too, so, it might be even longer for “Kingdom 1” to come back around again.

What this means for you: At best, that Raid troop you bought will be “useful” once every 2 years or so. Well, hot dog, where do I sign up? Now, you might be saying, “Well, you can still use it on Dungeons for those bosses.” True, but any one with half a brain knows that’s an afterthought. And are any of us really going to go out of our way to incorporate Raid troops in our Dungeon battles just to make them feel useful? I’m sure not.

Also, don’t forget, Invasions have this same structure. I don’t know how many troop types there are, but, just for example, let’s say there is 15. That means that troop you bought for gems is only really useful (being used for its main purpose) once every couple months or so. That, to me, sounds like a huge waste.

At least with Bounty, you would be adding to your collection once a month and you can use all the troops you previously collected (either via chests, when available, or gem tiers) as well, every time the event occurs. So, in the long run, at least on the troop side, Bounty is the best new game mode to invest gems in.

This all being said, I think all three aren’t really worth the gems you can sink in to it, but if you do want to buy tiers, Bounty will give you more “bang for you buck”, in the long run.

6 Likes

I feel like you have to look at the modes and decide for yourself what they mean to you. Despite the mechanics being really similar, all three modes are different enough you might decide to invest heavily in one and ignore the others.

My PERSONAL assessment of them is:

• The gem cost is way too dang high for me. From now on, I spend enough gems to get a copy of the new troop and then I’m done.
  • The highest rewards are for people who want to spend money on the game. There is no way to sustain a gem income that matches the rate of consumption it requires.
  • To get there you get to do almost nothing else, that’s not for me.
  • These modes are 100% “let the rich get richer”. For most players not already at endgame, “1,000 gems worth of keys” will yield better fruits than “a handful of orbs”. Some people disagree, I’d love to swap accounts with them.
  • In case it isn’t clear, I don’t think it’s ever wise to spend money on gems and even if you do this is one of the dumbest places you can throw gems.
  • Bounties feel the most fun to me because I have the most control over my fate. I can ignore the rules and make a fast team and get fewer rewards if I want. Or I can agonize over maximizing my points.
  • Each raid/invasion’s difficulty can swing wildly based on which troops you can use and which status ailment will be applied to your entire team after the opponent collects 85 mana turn 1.
  • Invasions feel the least fun because I have to fight to the last troop. In a boss raid, once I kill the boss I can coast.
  • I’m interested to see what the 4th or 5th rounds of bounties are like when I have a stable of relatively-well-ascended bounty hunters. That’s a long dang time from now.
  • I’m not excited about reasonable-near-future raid boss or invasion events because it’ll be 2 dang years before the things I did in current events can help me.

I don’t feel like debating any of those points, they’re my personal assessments I am using to stop myself from becoming so salty at the game I start saying mean things on the forum.

These game modes are not “bad” and they are not “good”. They are. They seem to exist as ways for high rollers to convert cash to short-term payoffs. I think the leaderboards show they’re scary successful. My cynical hope is these players provide enough revenue for the publisher to take its boot off the devs’ heads. That will allow the devs to spend time developing features for the other players. I’m trying to find a balance where I get some rewards out of them but don’t ruin my fun.

12 Likes

Good post.

I’m personally not really enjoying any of these things as much as GW either, to the tune of ‘at least Bounties don’t get in the way of GW’.

All three modes incentivize throwing Gems at otherwise worthless troops. No. Just no. I’m not going past Tier IV right now, and that’s mainly for the guild (and the weapons). If my Gems start to dip any time soon, I’m cutting back further.

8 Likes

It will be interesting to compare this week’s top leaderboard scores to the first Raid week’s. People were spending lots of gems that first week (good for the devs!). Will they continue to spend far more in gems than they get back in rewards? Or will they dial back their spending since they feel like it’s not worth the gems or the time to do so much Raid mode?

And what happens to the PVP activity of these people? Did their guilds complete noticeably fewer legendary tasks those weeks since key players were spending hours Raiding instead of PVPing for much higher gold returns?

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, only I’ve been stopping at tier 3 because I don’t have what I consider a safe-enough Gem buffer for Mythic releases, and keeping up with new Mythics is more important to me especially since event troops will eventually end up in chests (if I’m reading correctly) and thus be obtainable in other ways.

Even if my “safety buffer” was where I want it, I will never spend more Gems than I earn in a week…and more importantly, I will continue to never purchase Gems in the cash shop. The prices are ludicrously bad, and the “sales” are not actually sales in the sense of a discount…they’re more like “free bonus with purchase”. No thanks.

I’m starting to wonder if instead of treasure Gnomes, we could “hunt” treasure Whales. It’d be more in line with the underlying theme of the new events. :wink:

That’s actually something I’m watching for in my guild, but at the end of the day it’ll come down to how many LTs on average are “missed” (if any) vs the rewards gained from finishing the event.

I’ll admit, when I experienced this I almost reached for my tinfoil hat. Yet another forcible slowdown in gameplay to compensate for 4x speed? (I’m mostly joking. Mostly.)

1 Like

I’m rather seeing this the other way around, Bounty seems to be the worst game mode to sink you gems into. To stay on top, you need to buy almost all tiers every time, because only the monthly captain gets the double bonus multiplier. The extra bounty troops you receive will be wasted, because your other bounty troops will already have reached highest ascension level (due to being bounty captain in one of the previous months).

The most efficient approach seems to be to not buy any tiers at all. You’ll get a x24 multiplier for the first fights, eventually going down to a x12 multiplier depending on how safe you want to play your free sigils. If you are desperate to receive the captain for collection purposes before he shows up in chests, 100 gems will get you there. Otherwise you’ll be able to earn roughly 50 gems without spending anything, that’s actually a pretty neat freebie.

Here’s my take:

The worth of the rewards is very difficult to determine objectively. Even though you can convert most orbs into a tangible soul/traitstone/card collection cost, every player seems to value those resources differently. There are a lot of people who see any one of those things as extremely valuable.

To other people, the worth of the rewards has nothing to do with their soul/traitstone/collection cost. To these players they are valuable because they are extremely rare. To some extent these players value “placing on a leaderboard” more than “game progression”.

We see the bulk of our discussion from the people who fall in the first paragraph’s camp. There’s lots of bickering about just how many gems are worth this or that orb. Some of these people are likely to spend modest amounts of money. Some of these people are determined to spend no money. Some of these people won’t spend any gems. Everyone’s acting on their personal system of worth.

We don’t see a lot of discussion from the people in the 2nd paragraph’s camp. They’re too busy spending every dollar they can to get more sigils so they can do more damage and get farther on the leaderboard.

Again, none of these people are “right”, and none of them are “wrong”. They are. I understand the notion that if the 2nd-paragraph-club spends enough money, the devs are incentivized to appeal to only them. I don’t know how to get away from that. I used to get really worked up about whether I was progressing at an “acceptable” rate. It was making me mad at what’s supposed to be a bathroom break diversion. So I stepped back.

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying, I just meant if you do spend gems, at least you’re upping troops you’re using on a monthly basis. Whereas, with Raids or Invasions, the troops you spend gems on will just collect virtual dust for most of their life.

That being said, I agree that very little or no gems is the way to go when these troops become available in chest. Just Mythic them that way and maybe buy the new Bounty Captain.

I think my point about buying the tiers for Bounty is fair until you hit the “Mythic Wall” where buying tiers would not be smart. Though, that will take a bit, unless you bought a bunch of tiers this time, and/or plan on spending a butt ton of resources to Mythic all the Bounty troops the second they release in Chests.

For the record, I’m not arguing with your point, merely expanding upon it. When I said what I, originally, did, I assumed the point of the “hitting the Mythic Wall” was obvious, as, at that point, the tiers really wouldn’t be worth it. But, I’m glad you actually pointed it out, in case people didn’t see that point in my post. So, thank you, and I appreciate your take.

1 Like

I have to echo although I’m a few days late being able to catch up on the forums, @Slypenslyde and @Shimrra have really nailed it on a few key points re: all the “new content/game modes” in 3.3.

Bump I guess.

1 Like

Is there any bugs with the Rewards? 250,000 points for all rewards seem huge…

Do you remember what it was in the previous Bounty?

I read the wrong column of my sheet. Last time it was 200k points. Devs said that they will increase the requirements…