Bounties

Yeah, for end gamers the only orbs of any value whatsoever are the ascension and clans orbs. Clan orbs are basically like getting gem keys and ascension orbs could come in handy. But I don’t think you can ascribe gem value or key value to ascension orbs unless you absolutely must get all new Legendary troops to mythic straight away in which case they will save you 100’s event keys. But if you are happy with just 1 copy of new Legendary troops then ascension orbs are just going to be saved for Zuul and equally as useless as the other orbs.

Ascending a troop to mythic with an orb is only a timesaver when you think about it not a gem/key saver because all troops get to mythic eventually anyway.

Right now 100th place on my leaderboard has ~200k, which is the total needed for level 20 rewards.

That seems like the rewards might be a bit too high, and that’s with them set lower.

I did tier 6 but left myself short b/c was too lazy to do the optimization math and not strong enough to take full advantage of 3 troops, but it shouldn’t require that much effort when you’re buying that many tiers, IMO.

1 Like

We both only care about acension orbs, and they are the most valuable gow loot there is for us end gamers.

A gem’s “value” is based on what an individual player is willing to spend it on, not what thing cost. Obtaining new troops are the most valuable things in the game for any measure of both short and long term progression. Ergo, given scarcity on gems (not “enough” to guarantee every single troop you want in perpetuity in combination with the keys already given) they are worth exactly what they will buy compared to their most valuable key. To go one step further, a keys value can only be measured by what you will get from the key. When you have every past troop in the drop pool except the single exclusive mythic, that is the only relevant item on the table. Since, for me, every single key that can pull a mythic goes toward that goal and that goal alone, a gem key, to me, is worth exactly how many gems it potentially saves me from getting a given mythic, which about 4.5 to 5 gems. A new kingdom’s rare troop’s mythic ascension is only “worth” 10.5 million gold if a player is actually willing to spend 10.5 million gold to obtain this goal. The most likely scenario is that they simply wait or use gold key gluts to obtain this gold. An Orb of Ascension is only “worth” several hundred event keys if I was already willing to commit to that to ascend a legendary troop, which I’m not. The more likely scenario is that I’d just wait. I’m not even losing anything by waiting unless I need the troop ascended to vastly accelerate a different, tangible goal (like another point of magic, which by this point is even pretty minor overall by itself). If I had enough event keys to be even in the running to consider this a goal, then I might consider it being “worth” the keys I saved.

Those that are below the scarcity barrier on gems and buying heavily into this in order to obtain stuff are not going to get their “gem value” back. Note that the scarcity barrier is also defined by the player and what their actual game goals is. A good number of mythics are useless or not universally applicable/pretty much only good for one mode. If you don’t bother collecting them, you will more likely to have “extra gems” to play with to engage in these systems to get you stuff that gets stuff that gives less stuff that gives troops than what you input in gems that could have just gotten you troops, plus some stuff that maybe helps you grind less to get to a certain point. This would put you at perpetual midgame, and you’d probably be happier for it because the endgame economy, especially for VIP5+, drives you away from interacting with the new systems for the reasons I’ve outlined. However, if you ever decide at any point that you want to start collecting or move toward the far end of the treadmill, or you ever play enough where you reach a wall you can’t “grind” past, you are shooting yourself in the foot, unless you got a massive and immediate short term benefit off the orbs etc that vaulted you into the ability to gain more resources per time spent (which usually only happens if you get a new troop, which these systems don’t help with). Also, every missing mythic is a likely a potential ten star kingdom you wont have down the road whenever that comes, which is going to throw the entire balance of the game off again.

tl;dr: Things a gem can buy have fixed costs. These things have subjective worth depending on the player. A gem’s value is entirely subjective. Any “Gem Value” calculation applied universally to every single player in the game regardless of progression or VIP level is complete nonsense.

7 Likes

If you are going for Zullgoth, I’d say the major green is the most valuable, because math.

1 Like

Right now I feel really, really disappointed - bounties are almost as bad as Raids/Invasions. Tedious. And again I don’t mind the gems prices - you can participate for free, the rest is optional and it’s good. The less sigils the better. I bought tier III to ascend the Captain troop a little but I don’t think I will bother the next time around. The one good thing was I got to use Draakulis a little bit and it turned out he still has his uses. For the most part I used 4x bounty troops, then for a few battles 3x bounty + Infernus but at one point almost lost a battle and changed Infernus for Draakulis. I put Draak up front and he nicely demolished enemy teams, the last battle included. As the 20th team has a Coral Golem on 1st position it became very tedious (I still won 4 times but it took a really long time to do so) I started doing 19th battle over and over. Overall - I would have probably enjoyed the bounty mode a lilttle, even if only for the fact that at last Draakulis haven’t felt as useless as in GW, but the mode is too similar to two previously released and NOT in a good way.

3 Likes

That looks about right to me. I cleared Reward 13 today and need about 7000 points to claim Reward 14. I’m getting 1200 points per battle (6x multiplier with 2 non-bounty troops, Ice Wraith and Parrot), so with my 4 free sigils and collecting 2 more from Valravens, I should just be able to get there tomorrow assuming I don’t lose a battle and get one Valraven.

This is tough math to generalize since there are so many variables to consider.

I bought enough tiers so that I have the 4 different troops.
Managed to get a (small) orb of (get a trait for free) which I used on the third trait of Voice of Anu, my first mythic in a couple of months, so I was happy with that; that was a lot of time saved.

I really like the Lynx bounty hunter, for regular play I’ll just pretend the first trait is “Immune to Silence” or something similar.

One thing I noticed about the 3 new game modes isthat suddenly you start hating troops or abilities you’ve never hated before, because they can get so big.

With the raids, I really got angry at those stupid Creepers that were disieasing my troops, the Deathmarking Wraith was not my friend. 3 troops of the same color +Zuul’goth were also atrocious because that fella got filled up so quickly…
With the Invasions, I realised that I have never hated Barrier with such a passion.
And with Bounties, healing Coral Helm and Djinn have been the bane of my existence…

And I am still convinced that the computer gets way more extra turns and lucky skull drops than me :laughing:

4 Likes

@Sirrian I would have enjoyed the modes if they were unique from one another. As it stands they are all just clones of a base concept. So while Raid came first and it was interesting, Invasion had a lesser feel because of the clone. And now even more so with Bounty. I think it should have just been the inclusion of 1 mode, skipping all the thinking to clone it. It is what it is in the end.

5 Likes

Bounty would have been a lot of fun as a cross between the Vault event and the Moa event from around the time of American Thanksgiving.

Devs pick a troop (or a small set of troops) that randomly replace troops from other game modes - e.g., sometimes that annoying Psion at the top of a PVP opponent deck would become a Bounty troop. Kill the Bounty troop and win the battle, you get a point. If you happen to be using Bounty bonus troops in your deck at the time, you get bonus Bounty points for those kills.

This would be fun and unexpected and keep people playing. Like the Vault event. Not like the sameness and eventual drudgery of Raid and Invasion.

Edited to add that if you want to sell “sigils” for this event, they could increase the likelihood of Bounty troop replacements for the duration of the event.

9 Likes

Ice Wraith has his merits even at the end. He’s good for keeping the first guy (Coral Golem or whatever) locked down while you’re waiting to get your motor started. And the freeze helps a lot when the board gets randomised.

I was winning about 2/3 of the time on L20 with Ice Wraith, Maw, Infernus and Mercy.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I thought it was going to be after the gnome event,find bounty’s in pvp using bounty hunter troops,instead it’s grueling battles against the same team over and over again. This game mode is the worst out of the 3,and this is the only week i’m playing it unless it gets a major overhaul. Another pay to play game system. I honestly think they would have remade guild wars in the same image as these new events in a pay to win game system if they didn’t think the players would outright quit if they did,but I won’t put it past them to do exactly that in the future.

6 Likes

I don’t know in what way Ice Wraith was particularily useful for you when he does 1/10 of Coral Golems effective health as damage while freezing him for no greater effect but whatever floats your boat.
Btw with Gorgotha and Infernus plus two emtpy slots(BH point mod troops that never cast) you’ll get close to 100% winrate in that fight…mishaps can always happen.

2 Likes

Continuing to cast Ice Wraith’s move on the Coral Golem will drain its mana, preventing it from casting and growing overly large - additionally, freezing it (with that or via skulls, I have mine in the rear though) will prevent the Valkyrie cast from looping since Coral is blue.

3 Likes

The opportuniy cost for that is not casting spells that deal 100+ overall damage instead that turn. i dont see how very slightly diminishing Coral Golems Mana(which will fully fill with a Valk cast anytime regardless of your efforts) is not slowing you down massively, but like i said, whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

I just fight level 18, I used a orb to mythic my ice wraith, great idea I seen up the thread a bit. Not a bad score per fight.

Other then the same crap per battle rewards, that really needs fixed and should be better then a 3rd tier pvp fight.

Level 320 and all I received was this lousy orb of growth. Trade in please.

5 Likes

You should be happy you saved 20 minor for zuul You also got a power orb so instead of 2y you will only need 1,5y now to craft him :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This is where my bounty ends, 3 tier pack 7’s. We’ll see how I hold out after weekly reset.

It is best to consider what you want the first day and just go from there for the best score.

Maybe the orbs will come in handy for making mythic’s out of these special troops.

And we’ll be able to use more bounty Troops as they come out and also have a more diverse selection to choose from.

2 Likes

So, if the Bounty event lasts three days, it should end at reset tonight, right? Because this is the third day. But in-game, on the “Fight” screen, it says “You will earn 4 more battles in 6 hours, 40 minutes.” Nowhere in any of the screens does it warn me that this event is about to end! So I guess I am asking:

1. Does the Bounty event really end tonight?
  2. If so, why doesn’t it say so in-game?
  3. And if so, why does it say I will earn 4 more battles at reset?

My guess is because Raid boss start at the reset and you also get sigils for this event