Bounties

I think everyone should really be trying for all 20 rewards, even if you have to but seven tiers.
Four minor and 2 major orbs is just too good.

Orb of growth, useless lol

Small orb of acension used on a legendary event troop is worth a few hundred event keys to get five extra copies. Smartly used worth 3k-5k gems.

Large orb acension, instant mythic from one vault gnome or valraven. Hard to put a gem value on that.

Orb of wisdom on mythics is quite a few arcanes.

Orb of clans, 15-75 gem key equivalent.

4 Likes

THE :clap:t2: COURAGE :clap:t2: TO :clap:t2: BUY :clap:t2: INTO :clap:t2: THE :clap:t2: “GEM VALUE” :clap:t2: GARBAGE :clap:t2: WHEN :clap:t2: NO :clap:t2: ONE :clap:t2: ELSE :clap:t2: WOULD

20 Likes

I would love to add my name to any petition that asks the devs not to make the future events cost more bounty points, because the additional fights would add way too much extra time needed to complete the event.

1 Like

I calculated for the correct rarity for ice wraith and also for other bounty troops based on what they would be depending on which tier you bought.

1 Like

Ok smart guy, to prove your not just a troll, what’s an orb of ascension worth to you?

Not the amount of gems you’re paying while claiming you like it, that’s for sure.

"He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gem Value."

Uh, keys have a pretty clearly defined gem value. Gem keys are worth 9 gems, event keys are 13.5, and VIP keys are 45 gems each. Guild keys can be a glory key (50 glory), or even a gem key (9 gems), depending on your guild’s seal total—which the orbs of clans help with. So you can estimate how many copies of a troop you save by using a Major or Minor Orb of Ascension (and so the number of keys you didn’t have to open), or how many keys you gain by using an Orb of Clans.

Major Orb of Growth and Major Orb of Wisdom are harder to estimate a gem value for. For true end game players they are worthless because neither traitstones nor souls are a limited currency, but for early- to late-game players they could be a huge time savings. (It’s dumb to place gem values on souls and traitstones, because they can be farmed for free instead of purchased with either gems or real money.)

We get gems for free in this game (hooray!), so there’s no particular reason to attach a monetary value to any of these things. It would vary based on what pack of gems you’re purchasing anyway, and what your VIP level is, so it’s silly to try.

I’m not sure why you find it unreasonable to place a gem value on all of the orbs.

1 Like

Because I like to believe we do not live in a parallel world where the post-hoc rationalisation and defence of a company’s avaricious and obtrusive monetisation practices are seen as reasonable.

5 Likes

I am Tier 5 this week, I lost a few matches due experimenting yesterday. I will at least get Reward 18 tomorrow. Sadly it was not enough for Reward 19, at least not for me. :cry:

2 Likes

See, i’m Right there.
Right now, i am on portal 18.
If I buy the next tier, at 300 gems, I can close it tomorrow (some Shield Arcane and a Minor Orb)

So I must decide. Is a minor Orb worth 300 gems…
depends on the Orb, right.

I must calculate that a am very short on gems, about 500, and Boss Raid comes on Monday…
Hard choices (small guild, gems don’t rain on us)

4 Likes

Devs have to pay their bills, feed their famaily, etc.

For that, players have to buy stuffs, like gems.
Don’t want to be part of them? Play for free and you will see that you can get free stuffs from all the new game modes…

2 Likes

I bought Tier 6, and I didn’t notice when I hit the last reward (200,000 points is enough).
3 sigils remaining but this game mode is too boring to do them for nothing:

1 Like

Tier 7 and some patience is going to get me 2 more minor chaos orbs and a 100 gems over in xbox land.

1 Like

Gems don’t rain on anyone unless you’re in the top 3 for Guild Wars. And now that’s once every three weeks even those guilds aren’t being showered.

2 Likes

Remember when this was a thing? This is your top topic:

Look at those gems.

Now look at your game.

Now look back at me.

You’ve played this game long enough to remember when Legendary Tasks actually paid out gems, and yet here you are, in this topic, defending the new party line of the devs that is bloviating about “gem value” as though an imaginary currency had an objective value.

Kinda makes you think :thinking:

15 Likes

The lure is the mutliplier.
See, if I buy into tier 5 now, i close task 18.
If I bought it Monday, my Bounty cards would be more ascended, so I would have gotten 19 or 20.

So to go far, you need to invest at the start.

1 Like

I feel like you’re talking past UKresistance and me. It is absolutely the case that you can assign a gem value to many things in the game. Go ahead and try to buy gem keys. You will always pay the same price for 50 keys: 450 gems, for a price of 9 gems per key.

You can even take this further with an appeal to statistics. A mythic troop drops, on average once every 100 VIP keys (total cost 4500 gems), once every 1000 gem keys (total cost 9000 gems), or once every 1000 event keys (total cost 13,500 gems). Of course, you can get lucky or unlucky, but that’s how random numbers work. So the gem cost of a mythic troop depends on what keys you intend to open.

You can do this with other currencies. A particular rare troop, on the other hand, will drop once every 385 gold keys (or 115,000 gold); if you need 91 copies of that you should expect to spend 35,000 gold keys or 10.5 million gold.

These exchange rates exist whether you believe in them or not (much like Santa or the Illuminati). They are directly derived from hard numbers in the game. You can complain about devs removing gems from legendary tasks, but that’s completely independent from the cost of a gem key.

6 Likes

Well, for 200 (210?) gems from Tier 3 Shop this a good value for the little time it took.
The gems and gem keys alone covers my costs converting the keys into nine or ten gems and still got some gold, souls and traitstones, but these are not very special for me.

This was the 14th Reward, could probably reach the next one but some Valravens flew away and i lost a few battles figuring out my team, scores vs investiment, enemies and other stuff. Still possible if i’m lucky tomorrow, but i won’t sweat over a random orb that can be an Orb of Clans.

Nothing fancy on my team. If you need to beat all those “blue chumps”, then you take this vixen out on a date. :wink:

(Yeah, Parrot is blocked by Gorgotha and Ice Wraith but i never cast I.W’s spell unless to finish a battle, he soaks some damage to protect the Parrot and Amira who can finish things on her own.

1 Like

Not completely. If you change the amount of gems the players can obtain, but you keep the price of gem purchase the same, it affects the gems worth and there for the cost of something like a Gem key, proportionally speaking.

For example, let’s say a Gem key costs 10 gems and on Week 1 you get 500 gems from Guild Tasks. That’s means a Gem key costs 1/50 of gems earned. Now, say on Week 2, the tasks are nerfed to only 100 gems, but a Gem key still costs 10 gems. That key now costs 1/10 of the gems earned.

So, proportionately speaking, that gem key now costs 5x more even though it’s price is still 10 gems, because the available amount of the gems changed, and therefore, the worth of the gem changed.

So, by the devs removing gems from LTs and reducing them from Guild Tasks and such, and not changing (reducing) the price on things like event or gem chests, they did make them more expensive, overall. It just doesn’t seem like it, because the “in your face” price didn’t change.

5 Likes

I’ve played enough to have been there during the gem-gold-loop era… so I won’t deny that we get less free stuffs but there are still free stuffs.

If devs gave less, it’s maybe for a reason for that (future project, increase team size, etc.).

Yeah I defend them because Bounty is totally optional and devs even gave 12 free sigils (that could be 24 battles if you play well/lucky with the Valraven). So I don’t see why players can complain about that…

Sure we all look at Reward 20 and want it for free. But no you have to pay with gems for them…

4 Likes