Bounties

So how much is needed to complete Reward 20?

I’m not 100% sure but I think Tier 6 should be enough to get all rewards for this bounty event. I bought Tier 7 and will have quite a few sigils left over. I don’t think Tier 5 will be enough.

3 Likes

I bought tier 3, did all of my battles and now am trying to decide what’s the best method to maximize points, whether it’s a lower full team or a higher fight and less bounty hunters.

So I’m at 420 points on reward 15 so we’ll see how far I end up going, it may be worth it going to 20.

I guess out of the 3 I do think that I like this mode the best as you have the most options on how you want to play.

3 Likes

Some interesting stats for future bounties assuming we have 4 mythic bounty troops.

Lv 12 Battle with 4 bounty troops 120x30 = 3600 points
Lv 15 Battle with 3 bounty troops 150x24 = 3600 points
Lv 20 Battle with 2 bounty troops 200x18 = 3600 points

Obviously the best score possible is Lv20 battle with 4 bounty troops but unless we get some much better bounty troops in the future I don’t think this is possible. Certainly not a reliable win every match. The next best is Lv20 with 3 bounty troops. I tried this today with Worldbreaker as my non bounty troop and I won but the game was close and took so long I can’t see myself using this option either.

So to get the most out of every sigil I guess try and do Lv13 or 14 with 4 bounty troops or Lv16 or 17 with 3 bounty troops. Most importantly you don’t want to lose any battles though.

8 Likes

That Coral Golem though. He gets too much on his cast.
Currently I do 19th battle with 3 bounty troops and Krystenax to summon meat shields. 190x20 = 3800 semi reliable points. The biggests threat is Lamia as she can kill Krystenax.

Winter Knight is a pain in the rear end too, but at least he doesn’t get life boost and can be killed with true damage.

I think this is one of the most useful pieces of information in this very informative thread - thanks to @Fleg and everyone else crunching numbers, posting team ideas and sharing their thoughts about this mode here.

Has anyone figured out which Reward level you can have an opportunity to get if you spend Gems on tiers 0-5? I’ve bought 2 tiers, but got Gem wiped by horrible RNG on the last Mythic (11K+). Makes a fella shy about spending his Gems. I want Vault Keys I guess, but really want to know what Reward tier I at least have the potential to get to for my precious precious Gems - if possible prior to walking away from the Shop and playing my games.

1 Like

I see that both Fleg and Mithran are replying, but there are so many options and variables with Bounty mode that any assessment will involve a lot of assumptions. So their analysis may not work for you if you don’t have the right troops, or if you have better ones.

Edit:

I’ve been using

Dragon Banner
Champion of Anu
Dark Maiden
Ice Wraith
Rift Lynx

And repeating battle 20. It gets me a good number of points, and every single troop in the team is useful against the AI’s lineup.

1 Like

True that. To share my perspective, I’m an end-gamer with everything leveled and traited, missing a handful of Mythics and a couple Vault troops.

Tier 2 will buy you 5 sigils + 12 free ones = 17 sigils which should give you approx 34 fights.
You will have a x10 ratio for using 4 bounty troops.
Assuming you beat up to Lv8 with those you will have 3600 points
Then using only 3 bounty troops to Lv12 will get another 3360 points
Then using only 2 bounty troops to Lv20 will get another 7920 points
Then doing all 14 remaining fights at Lv 20 @ 1200 points each will get you 16800 points
Total: 31,680 points which will get you Reward 14 and 2,680 points into Reward 15.

These figures will change though if you manage to go further than Lv8 with 4 bounty troops or going further than Lv12 with 3. But it will be hard to do so with troops at only rare rarity. Even if you did go a bit further I don’t think you would reach Reward 15 anyway.

3 Likes

I can also confirm Tier 7 is NOT required to get all rewards. I just unlocked reward 20 with 12 sigils remaining + another 8 free ones still to come.

So Tier 6 SHOULD get you all rewards quite comfortably. Tier 5 is still in doubt but may be possible I’m not sure.

7 Likes

What is your multiplier? I just did some quick mental math and I will be relying heavily on Valravens to get me to reward 20, and that is with a x16 multiplier.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

THEY ‘fixed’ AKA ruined the parot.

I use Hyndla Frostcrown as my single non-bounty troop for battle 20. As long as you get her set up before your fodder dies, she and her giant summons can pull through, though it sometimes takes a really really long time (it gets really annoying when she decides to summon Ogre 3 times in a row). At a x13 multiplier (currently at x11), I could finish with a t6 purchase playing the remainder of my battles perfectly and got lucky from where I’m at now with a t3 purchase, so a t6 from the beginning looks like enough to close it out this time, however…

• Keep in mind that half the required points for finishing the event come from the last two tiers. You are essentially trading lots of gems for a couple major orbs. If you think this is worth it, go for it. If not, you should probably not.
  • Battles take an exceedingly long time with three bounty troops. With one you have to make a slight concession, two you are slowing things down a bit and have to build around them, and three you basically have meat shields for a troop that can solo them. Four bounty troops is basically impossible at any level where the four would give greater score than level 20 would give with three (one of them being the captain), which is possible in the final level. If this is the way the event is intended to be played to be completed (with a 1110 gem investment, no less), then I really dislike the event.
  • Points required will go up by 25-33% next month.

For this week, t5 seems just outside the realm of possibility and depends heavily on where your RNG landed on the troops that you are given. Your legendary bounty captain is a x10, and you would need another two x4s and 1 x3 to make this viable with your given 64 battles, which is pretty strict given 42 copies of bounty troops given (2 would need 16 copies each, one would need 5). Playing battles 1-10 with a full bounty team x21 would net 11500, 11-20 with a 3/1 x18 team would net 27900. 44 additional 200 point x18 battles would be 158400, for a total of 197,800 points. You would need to stretch your full bounty troop battles into battle 16 to get just over the amount required, or get a lucky extra valraven draw at the end. Doesn’t seem realistically possible. You also have to do it from the start, before you complete any battles, to come close to this score.

If you did t6 from the beginning, you’d have higher modifiers and should reach this easier. Again, you have to do it from the beginning, or you waste a bunch of score and might need the t7.

I did a t3 on my main account. Using the 4 bounty troops at the beginning for x13, 3 troops at the end for x11 (missed one valraven so far), reward 16 looks possible unless I miss another Valraven. A t4 purchase from the beginning probably still wouldn’t have given me the modifiers I needed to get all the way to 18. More likely still just reward 17 for a t4 purchase, but easier if you do it earlier. So, basically, 200 gems for that vault key.

For later events:

Subsequent bounty events will have a x18 trivially available through prior troops having just entered the chest that week (hopefully, otherwise it will take two months for this to happen). Assuming a total score of 250,000 required to close out the event, you need to play at least 79 battles. This would just barely be possible with a t6 purchase @ 80 battles with perfect Valravens 253,800 points using this modifier throughout. Miss even one, you need a t7 purchase. However, since a t6 will get you access to a mythic bounty captain, your modifier would actually be x24 in a 3 bounty troop team, and you could use x30 in the early rounds, giving you a bit of breathing room, but only if you buy that t6 early on. If you used x30 for long enough in the beginning, you could switch to a two troop x18 at the end and still finish, which would make things a lot easier.

If you did a t5 purchase, you could have a x22 modifier with your Legendary Bounty captain, but the sigils will not stretch far enough to get you all the way through, even if you did the first 10 battles on x28 with full bounty troops (a total score of 241,300 assuming all possible wins and valravens). You’d need to take your x28 full bounty team with perfect plays all the way to 20 and win at least once with full bounty troops on 20 (giving 250,600). Miss even one valraven or lose one battle and you’d need the t6 purchase. Not realistically possible.

Subsequent event t0 purchases would give you 20-24 battles with troops that can do x24 multipliers in early battles and x20 in late ones for a total of about 44,200 to 60,200 score. Valraven RNG will matter a lot more here, because you could easily just not get that valraven spawn in the home stretch and have less total battles. My expectation here would be reward 15, currently costing 40,000 points and scaled up would cost 50,000 total. ALL gem expenditures past that point, therefore, simply put 16-20 on the table as possible rewards and make 15 easier. For example, t2 (90 gems) is required for reward 16, which is simply 15 gems, 4 celestial, 15 diamonds, and 14000 gold. t3 (120 additional gems) will likely be required for reward 17, for that sweet single vault key and 5 minor and 5 major stones and that whole 15,000 gold. And so on, and so on. That last orb “costs” at least 400 gems in its current state, not discounting the amount of time and effort it takes to get there including using basically crippled teams to slowly win a war of attrition versus weak troops with walls of stats. But hey, its your gems and your time, spend them how you want.

tl;dr:

• For this event, you need to buy in to get basically anywhere. A t3 with good enough play will let you “recoup your losses”, while a t4 is questionable. t5+ is trading time and gems for orbs
  • For later events, you can reach a reward baseline of around 15 without needing to buy in. The gem “cost” of each reward point past 15 is basically one shop tier for that one specific reward (first 2 shop tiers for reward 16, roughly 1 tier for each reward past that).
  • Committing to a tier purchase late has you getting less points for your next reward and potentially spending even more. Figure out which reward you want and plan accordingly.
  • Calculations to obtain anything past reward 15 all assume “optimal” teams with at least two (usually 3) bounty troops that do basically nothing and one troop carrying the battle by the time you reach stage 20. It is very slow, and it is very repetitive, since you’ll have to play 20-60 battles like this, depending on which reward you are going for, all on the same stage versus the same troop configuration with the same troop configuration.
  • It looks like the numbers may be intentional, which makes this another ignorance trap for spending resources. Educate yourselves before committing.
12 Likes

Did you take into account that?

This is just a painful, miserable experience. Grinding is not a strength of GOW.

2 Likes

Yes, I did.

2 Likes

Some educated guesswork based similar to Tier 2 calculations detailed above. For this month bounty only.

Tier 0 = Reward 9 (no bounty troops)
Tier 1 = Reward 12 (2 bounty troops used from start to finish)
Tier 2 = Reward 14
Tier 3 = Reward 15 almost 16
Tier 4 = Reward 17 almost 18
Tier 5 = Reward 19
Tier 6 = Reward 20
Tier 7 = Reward 20

For Tier 3 and 4 if you are lucky with ravens and you push past Lv8 with 4 bounty troops and past Lv12 with 3 bounty troops you just might make it to the next reward.

3 Likes

These assessments are roughly in line with what I calculated. T2 is the “most efficent” this month, T0 on subsequent months, and shop tiers beyond 3 are basically buying the possibility to reach the next reward and nothing else (your gems stretch slightly farther for t3 and 4 this month). Makes the actual cost/benefit calculations much simpler when you look at it like that.

I tried to use 4 bounty hunters and made it to about battle 17. I swapped the lynx for xanathos and with a 14x multiplier for the last battle could earn 2800 easy. I wish my bounty troops were higher rarity but I only went up to 4 so one epic and 2 ur. I wish summoned troops would add on as summoning 2 to 3 extra ice wraiths are kind of funny.

This is all hypothetical based on strengths of troops and teams we won’t know until we play the next time/s. And how tired we get of all this before we swap to a 2-3 non-bounty-troop team.

For all the math happening - remember that the Bounty Captain is worth double the multiplier. Not seeing much of that in the calculations above. Tier IV gets you to Epic, which is x8 for the event, outstripping a Mythic x6.