Be a player, not a customer?

How many have joined your protest?

I think this has derailed a little from the original subject of conversation. @Doc and @awryan if you wouldnā€™t mind taking the heated discussion you have onto private messages so others can discuss their opinions regarding this thread.

1 Like

Weā€™ve seen a lot of really big protests fail in the news in the past few years so youā€™d think people would learn.

A successful protest makes a clear, reasonable, actionable demand. This accomplishes two things.

To the target of the protest, it indicates what the protesters want and what will make them stop. If this part isnā€™t very clear, they may not act at all, assuming they canā€™t make the protesters happy. If it isnā€™t possible to achieve, then thereā€™s no point in acting either. If itā€™s not clear HOW to do it, or multiple competing implementations exist, action is less likely.

To the people who might join the protest, this demand helps them decide if they want to participate. If the demand is not clear, they canā€™t figure out why anyone is unhappy. If the request is unreasonable, theyā€™re likely to side against the protesters. And if asking three different protesters produces three different demands, itā€™s not clear exactly what will be done.

I feel like weā€™re failing on all counts here. Someone asked what itā€™s about. Some snarky answers were supplied as is the way. All I get from the discussion is:

• Someoneā€™s mad about something re: the game.
  • They donā€™t want to spend any more money.
  • They want other people to not spend money untilā€¦ something happens.
  • But they spent a lot of money once and thereā€™s not a lot of money left for them to spend.

Whatā€™s the demand? It canā€™t be ā€œless money-grabbingā€, that is not clear or actionable. Is there a game mode you want? Some bugs you want fixed? Some prices you want adjusted? The devs canā€™t satisfy ā€œbe less greedyā€ because itā€™s too subjective. Overlooking the entire game like Mufasa and saying ā€œall you can see, that is what must changeā€ isnā€™t gonna cut it. Somewhere between ā€œplease make this feature work this wayā€ and ā€œrewrite the entire gameā€ is the line where you go from ā€œreasonableā€ to ā€œunreasonableā€. And it sure isnā€™t actionable.

I canā€™t stand behind this because I have no clue what it is. ā€œPlease implement the Burrito Golemā€, now thatā€™s something I can stand behind.

9 Likes

I would rather not pm someone so obtuse thank you.

Your feedback has been noted, :wink:

3 Likes

I already told him I was done replying to him. But thanks for the suggestion.

== SCENE 2 ==

In which tension rises as Cyrup is tired of being used as the telephone between Doc and awryan.

ā€œIā€™M NOT AN OWL!ā€

4 Likes

I use the word ā€œprotestā€ cause thatā€™s what others have called it. Iā€™m not trying to recruit people to join it. I want the drop in revenue to do my talking for me. The devs are aware of the issues that I have.
The forums are full of complaints. Doesnā€™t seem to change much of anything. So I changed my name as well as 10-20 other players did as well.

If you get it, you get it. If you donā€™t, you donā€™t. I donā€™t care either way.

1 Like

interesting thread

awryan:the devs are wolves!
most everyone else:no theyre not they are kind shepherds that give us treats sometimes.
me:i know they are wolves but pretending they are sheep makes me feel better xD

3 Likes

To be fair Tech. I donā€™t think the devs are the issue. I think they agree with us, but arenā€™t allowed to say it. I like most of the devs. 505 is the wolf.

what a great name you have, someone actually made me a wolf head pendant so I could be more like Matrim

1 Like

Sorry I donā€™t get it: you donā€™t like the last update so you want the devs loose money so they would have to change their roadmap for something that you would like?

If your target is the publisher, why not doing actions on their other games/forums?

I didnā€™t intend to raise my issue on this forum.
My ā€œprotestā€ was to be simply the name. Thatā€™s it.

So you donā€™t want to discuss about it? Okay get it.

I hope you will still enjoy this free game even if you invite other players to get it bankrupt.

Iā€™ve paid my dues. You must of skipped that part. I surely doubt that me and a few other players no longer spending money will bankrupt Infinity Plus 2.

But hey letā€™s take a point to the extreme. It is the forums right? Why be rational.

3 Likes

Just to chime in, we want to encourage players to play our game however they want. This includes the amount of time they spend in game, to the amount of money.

You are all entitled to your own playing or spending habits, and we hope to be able to provide you with hours of fun and gameplay either way.

13 Likes

Are you a customer or not? Because in one hand, you claim that you gave many dollars, on the other hand, you invite players to not give dollars. Quite ironic.

I just point out what it seems you want: less dollars for devs so that it will be impactful. If you want it impactful enough, it should be like devs would be in a situation where they have to choose between changing their roadmap or bankrupt.
If you protest was: ā€œI am a player, not a customerā€, it will be totally different. But there, you clearly invite players to follow you in the ā€œdonā€™t give them dollarsā€ protest.

You donā€™t seem to be an heavy hater of this patch, at least on this forum from what I can read.

Before you waste your time or mine rehashing previous areas addressed. How about you scroll up and actually read my replies already. Iā€™ll wait.

If a name or symbol is inviting others to join a cause or protest. Could I say your profile picture invites people to join the US Army? And therefore violates the community guidelines for spam? That is clearly Uncle Samā€¦a mascot for the US Army recruiting efforts.

My apologies. Iā€™ll try to complain in ways that you can see more often.

2 Likes

You seem to be universally disliked. Things like this are why I am sure. A word of advice, donā€™t be so confrontational and bullishly argumentative. Small changes like this will go a long way to improve your popularity.

3 Likes

The wonders of forum echo chambers at work.

2 Likes