Assault Boards (it's like getting coal from Santa...80% of the time)

Hey I do think this thread would be better if instead of writhing on the ground and declaring how much misery has been inflicted upon us we’d focus on ideas that would address things.

Here’s my thing.

When I look at other games with daily tasks, they’re also trivial to do with tiny payouts. BUT. I see more tasks like the old system than I do the Adventure Board.

The major problem with the old daily tasks system was the tasks were out of the way. Some people didn’t want to shuffle team slots. It takes time, and it felt like that time wasn’t always worth the rewards. IMO the problem there was the high friction of “doing the task” when it was SUPPOSED to be a sidequest.

So if GoW (old) daily tasks were like what I see in other games, they would have been for things like “win 25 PvP battles” or “complete 1 Delve”. Stuff you were going to do anyway. That’s what’s nice about tasks in those games: every day I know playing a handful of game modes will give me a teeny reward. So my routine in those games revolves around spending equal time in all of the modes, since the tasks are very spread out. I never feel resentment about a task there.

I think AB, instead, gives us a framework for high-friction tasks that are also rewarding.

I don’t like playing the AB “maps”. I feel like I spend more time in the UI than playing the matches. I’d be more inclined if it were a gauntlet, and you start at match 1 and get a button to go straight to match 2 and so on.

To that end: Higher rewards could be given from very hard tasks. Imagine if one task was, “Win this level 500 Delve with the matching faction.” Yowch. People know how to do that, but some luck’s involved. It’ll probably take a few minutes and more than a few tries. But it’s also “free to try”, so I think I’d be more likely to throw myself at it over and over. I don’t even need a superb reward for it. A pittance of gems would work, because the novelty of the task itself is part of the payoff.

I can think of a lot of ways for the task to be really hard and, thus, interesting for late-game players. I like that idea better than what I see now, and it doesn’t seem like a lot of new coding would have to happen to present it.

So in summary, I think tasks should either:

• Take zero friction to complete and only require me to do things I was going to do anyway. The old system did this moderately well.
  • Be a challenge I can’t find in any other mode, so I consider the satisfaction of completion part of the reward.
2 Likes

one more day i won’t waste time on this

7 days of traits tones and glory. Just the daily 20 gems this sucks.

2 Likes

[quote=“awryan, post:60, topic:56459, full:true”]

Really?? Lol. Money makes the game go long term.

So pretty sure you went there first guy. Idk why my post was flagged and not yours. I guess being a cheerleader for the devs does have its benefits.
The game improved in your opinion because you didn’t like daily tasks. I had no issue with them and I did them every day. Sirrian said not enough people were so they made the change. I literally wrote congraaaaaaaaaaatulations because you are there Target audience and then you bashed me about dev bashing.
You assume a crap ton and then accuse me of assuming. Maybe if there was less hypocrites on the forums. More new players would join. But I’m not keeping them away bub… The games dying because the devs keep changing it to try and make folks like you happy. If that SS is yours… Then thanks for supporting the game. But this was my OP right? Scroll up… You came at me side ways first. People know I’ll argue with any troll. So if you really want to support the game. Maybe don’t instigate an argument on the forums and then blame the other guy? If I spend money on something. I have the right to have an opinion about it. You don’t have a right to have an opinion about my opinion. No matter how entitled you feel by supporting the devs with words and money.
[/quote]

Only assumption I made was that the AB was better for me regarding gems, then not doing Daily tasks. I never attacked you, just replied to your attack on me…re-read your post “in THEIR favor”.

Your post was likely flagged cause you tried to strong arm someone you thought was a newbie as it was flagged before I even replied to it.

I’ll go back to reading the forums, rather than posting…but keep in mind (and the devs know this)…those who yell the loudest usually aren’t always right.

And to your troll comment, you replied to me first :slight_smile:

Edited to add, That is my SS, Thanks for indirectly questioning it

1 Like

I enjoy the the 2 hero xp from the adventure board. Now if gnomes occurred at a x3 rate that would give me incentive to play the crappy ones.

it feels like a higher rate to me but it might just be my imagination.

Kinda does to me as well…

1 Like

This. Has. Got. To. Stop.

5 Likes

I think it’s time to escalate the title.

3 Likes

I watched the stream as well, and yes, you’re correct.

When did they say that, and can you link it? I rewatched the stream yesterday, and didn’t hear them state that. They only said something like that about the top task.

The top task as in the kill one hundred troops I’ve gotten every day except one in a month?

Have you received top tasks requiring you to upgrade weapons or Kingdom power levels? I didn’t think so.

So, being “tailored for high level players” means remove them completely.

1 Like

As far as I understood it, it means they won’t get the one-time tutorial tasks.

4.5 changed the way adventure boards work. So now we all get to universally feel the disappointment of Minor TS and Soul tasks. Seems like a wise plan for a company trying to make money. Upset all your customers at the same time. :+1:

P.S… If I don’t need the resource then there’s ZERO gem value in it for me.

4 Likes

Of course. It’s just like how I said it will be. Depressing and disappointing.

It is! What’s missing is on deedless days like today, some players out there are going to get flash offers for deeds or other things that aren’t on the AB. Flash offers can be different for each player, so for all we know someone out there’s got a deed offer today. And for all we know the algorithm’s based on who spends money, so the whales might get different/better offers than the players who would be upset if they even saw the offer!

Keep in mind a player like you, who openly states he doesn’t spend money on the game, takes a lot of effort to turn into a paying player. But out there right now is some guy who will drop $50 the moment the deed offer hits his screen because it’s new and he has to have it. Marketing is work, and the way you make money is finding the way to get the most money for the least work. That’s why deeds are designed to cater to people who buy flash offers (not you). It’s just too hard to make a payer out of you and mostly a losing prospect.

Aren’t all these new gameplay features fun?

So basically 4.4 removed daily tasks and 4.5 removed adventure boards outside of when the devs decide to allow us to get Deeds. Un4.5ingbelieveable. It’s like you just want to upset your players. :exploding_head:

And correct me if I’m wrong… But they can’t even blame “RNG” for this. Correct me if I’m wrong, but on a stream they said these tasks were being hand picked now by a dev.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you get people complaining like a toddler. He got more than me. Similar thing happened with vault keys. You can reduce reward I just want to see more gnomes. All asked for by the people that play the game.