Adventure board sucks

Please revert to the old challenge system. This new format provides less rewards, it is far less entertaining, the fights are all way to easy. Poorly conceived, poorly executed. You’re suppose to be making the gameplay better, and yet you consistently find ways to make it worse. Spending to much time on new formats and cosmetic upgrades. No time fixing existing gameplay problems or actually making people want to play.

2 Likes

sorry to bring this up

but you got what you wished for - more variety to the old system :joy_cat:

and yes, adventure boards are trash

1 Like

More like Adventure Bored

2 Likes

I like adventure board

1 Like

Not true… because you do like the RNG that’s blessing you these days :wink:

No. Daily tasks was boring as hell

5 Likes

In my opinion this new system is far better than the old one and much more rewarding as a whole over time.

Can’t make everyone happy.

9 Likes

I won’t be happy until they pay me to play gow :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Technically, if they removed the whole Adventure Board and just sent everyone 100 gold each day, wouldn’t that make it even more rewarding as a whole over time?

I don’t mind that it now takes a whole lot less effort for a whole lot less rewards, this definitely benefits players who don’t play much. I’d just like the option to spend extra effort for the original amount of rewards, the almost complete removal of keys feels especially harsh for those players trying to maintain a complete roster.

Small correction: it benefits players who don’t play much, but still play every day.

I guess I see it that way, but I’m also upset because I see how it could make a lot more people happy and I have no trust it will be updated that way.

The old way was bad for:

• People who played a lot every day thus finished fast and were able to do anything.
  • People bored with “grind Explore to do everything”.

The new way is good for those people but bad for:

• People who play in bursts on the weekends but don’t have a lot of time daily.
  • Endgamers who don’t need traitstones, gold, souls, gold keys, or glory as much as gems.
  • Statistically half the game who will have below-average luck.
  • Forums discussion

It turned rewards from something we can objectively measure into something we subjectively value. For newish players, the traitstones and other “lower end” rewards are still valuable. For me, I could lose half my traitstones tomorrow and I wouldn’t notice so I can’t be bothered to fight 5 Explore battles for more.

Could it be improved? Sure! The easiest solution I can think of is to level-gate some higher-value tasks in some way, perhaps by average kingdom power. A person with a very high kingdom power is looking for ingots and pets, not souls. Maybe at some point the “low value” tasks should shift away from gold/souls/keys towards these prizes. Imagine how compelling it’d be to push your kingdom power if, at some point, a mythic task that awarded orbs arrived?

But I am not holding my breath. I don’t think the AB’s goal was to make endgamers happy. I think its goal was to make life better for players earlier in the game. So I don’t imagine the devs are going to spend a lot of effort retooling it for endgamers. It’s a tool for early-game and mid-game player retention. There’s not a lot of money in end-game retention, and certainly not when you consider the effort it takes.

5 Likes

My biggest gripe and complaint is that I am not getting the same amount or more Event Keys that I would get guaranteed from the Snotstone Event.

1 Like

I just wish they brought back Snotstone events, and kept Adventure Board.

1 Like

Your statement can’t be right for everyone if we add RNG.
I don’t like the old system but I got rewarded for doing it.
I like the new system but I am not rewarded for doing it.
So you tell me if you have yet to see a task with gems or a legendary task or kill 120 of certain colours troops. Compare to old system where I am guaranteed to be rewarded for my work. (Everyone get the same rewards for the amount of work) the new system is poo :poop: because is RNG based and not everyone is blessed by RNGesus and that make your statement unstable :wink:

3 Likes

No, it’s great for people with limited time. You can burn through those 3 adventure tasks in under 10 minutes. Another 20 minutes and I can race through 3 level 20 delves and get my 20 gems for killing 100 troops.

1 Like

I like the old and new system.
However the old system was a total chore.
Treasure maps points ? Meh…
Pvp 750 points ? Meh…
At least new system is pretty fast if you want to.
Yes some of the rewards of the new system suck donkey balls. But you get 3 chance everyday for a mythic board. VIP keys ? Sure !

And just to be fair, higher tier players will always be bored to matter what…

1 Like

I’m glad you’re so familiar with how my play patterns interact with GoW you can correct me and tell me I have more time.

There are days of the week I only open GoW for collecting tribute. I make up for them with hours of play on the weekends, when I actually have time. Part of this is because even though I do have 30 minutes of free time I might devote to GoW, spending those 30 minutes doing chores and mucking about with the Delve/AB UI aren’t how I want to spend it. So I don’t. Even when I had the time, I did other things on weekdays before AB and made up my sigil/trophy gaps on the weekends. Still do.

I don’t make shit up just to disagree. If I say “I don’t have time” you can’t disprove it by saying “Well I have plenty of time.” Congratulations. I drew a circle around a set of players and you have announced you’re not in that set of players. I made no claims about how big that set of players is, only that they’re not happy.

1 Like

Bloody hell, you play on mobile and have time to write paragraph after paragraph. Don’t tell me you can’t squeeze in a few minutes to play the game.

6 Likes

Considering you’re one of my most faithful readers please pay more attention:

Basically when I’m deciding what to do, I think about GoW, then remember there’s the AB, and that I’d rather do some PvP or explore, but that the PvP/Explore isn’t the tasks so it’s not optimal, then I frown and open a different game.

I don’t owe you an explanation. Before AB I felt like I had enough time to play GoW. After AB I don’t. That’s my point.

1 Like

I think the adventure board is better. Because we get more stuff from it