Adventure board sucks

Are you trolling a bit?

That’s actually interesting because my experience is exactly the opposite. I feel I can breeze through AB (I skip any soul, traitstone adventures) which frees up time to do other things in the game. These last 2 weeks I’ve played more PvP, ground out more trophies/gold, contributed more to guild events and skipped a lot fewer pet rescues/delves. So overall AB has been more profitable to me indirectly because of the time savings.

3 Likes

Actually I keep falling into the trap of trying to justify to other people why “I don’t feel like have free time” applies to me, not you. I don’t think I should have to explain that.

I didn’t feel like I had time to do tasks before, so I didn’t. I still don’t. If I log on it’s because I’m trying to keep my trophy count up to reqs or I’m trying to play out my sigils or something else important. I am glad if now you have 2 extra minutes because this is more streamlined. It’s still not as passive as snotgems were. One of the tasks gets done as I play. The other three only happen if I play within a special UI. Guess which tasks I don’t find worthy of attention?

Apart from 1 poster, most have stated their opinion about their experience. It doesnt necessarily apply to you.
While i like AB overall, i understand why it isnt your cup of tea. Not trying to persuade you or anything.

1 Like

Honestly this kind of “yeah that sucks, I get it, for players like you it’s a bit worse” answer is all it takes to not make me agitated.

Instead I just get, “Well you should rearrange your life to have as much time as mine” and well, I would if I could. I miss when playing 10-12 hours of games was the norm, sort of. But it really was a waste of those years.

I’m neither asking you to justify anything to me nor am i trying to persuade you of anything. You stated you felt like AB gives you less time. It got me thinking about my experience. I thought it interesting that AB created the opposite affect for me, so like you, I shared my experience, nothing more. I genuinely found your statement intriguing, and even difficult to understand how your experience was possible based on mine.

I’m an advocate of AB over its predecessors and have stated that elsewhere. That wasn’t the point of my statement above so whatever you read into it, it isn’t there. I’m not going to cram my like of AB down anyone’s throat. I’ll toss my experience or my opinion into a discussion but at the end of the day I could care less about anyone else’s opinion of AB (or anything else in the game) just like they shouldn’t care about mine. We each only have 1 person to keep happy when playing (and perhaps those we interact with constantly since positive interactions certainly add to the enjoyment of playing).

The only time I get riled up & defensive is when people are obnoxiously negative about the game to the point that they have nothing positive to say (I’m not suggesting you’re one of them). At that point they need to find something they’d actually enjoy doing instead of spreading their sickness here.

1 Like

Adventure board idea was a good one but ,in reality rewards are not as good as snotstones and lack of keys is depressing. I will say 20 gems daily is nice.!

To this end, my positive thing about AB is:

It looks like a thing that can be tweaked and poked and prodded. Different tasks can be added. Tasks can be removed. Things we haven’t thought of yet can be done. The stupidest hyperbole I can think of is “Try to beat a level 1000 team for 100 gems.” I think I’d grind at that for a whole session just for fun even though the gems/time ratio is probably not worth it.

I can’t think of ways to really extend the old task system to do “stupid but fun” things like that. This is a big improvement. I just don’t know if I trust we’ll ever get to the things that’d make me laugh and enjoy AB.

3 Likes

If I’m understanding this discussion correctly I think it’s a miscommunication and you and vanyel are both correct. You cannot argue the AB is not quicker than daily tasks because it clearly Is. I’ve been timing myself lately doing the AB and it falls under 5 minutes almost everytime.(not including kill rewards that come naturally).

Correct me if I’m wrong here but I think your argument is not whether AB is quick or slow, but whether they are actually worth your time to do. That is completly subjective and different for every person. If that’s the case you can see why they initially might be misinterpreted.

For me I fall into the AB being great for my time spent since its 9-10 quick battles and regardless of rewards its 18-20 easy class xp at the very least. Daily tasks were annoying and rewards weren’t always as great as every seems to be remembering, hence the call to adjust them in the first place.

TL;DR I think you are both right. Everybody love everybody!

1 Like

This is where I argue from.

Personally I’ve yet to receive any task that I think was worth even 3 very easy battles. When I tally up everything I get from AB (aside from the 100 kills task), it feels like less than I get from a bad tribute. I only have to push 1 button to get a tribute. So AB feels like a tribute that takes 45-50 taps and ~5 minutes to collect. I resent that.

Now, the 100-kills task works for me. I don’t think about it. I just go play the game and I get a reward for playing the game. So while I don’t think it gives me as many gems as the last setup did, I feel like I spend 0 time on it.

That’s how I want all of the tasks to be. I’d be more OK with these rewards if every day was “100 kills for these gems, 200 kills for the rest of this!” I won’t get them every day, but I also won’t feel like I’m missing an awful lot. That said, 200 kills/day doesn’t feel like a lot to me. And I like the notion that I get to choose how I get it.

2 Likes

Overall, I’m very happy with Adventure Board as a concept, but the tasks themselves are frustrating. I’m a high level player (close to level 1200), and as a result, almost all battles are far too easy, and the rewards are mostly lame. I don’t need a few souls, and I certainly don’t need more minor traitstones. The difficulty and rewards from AB really need to scale with the ability of the player. I would like to see a system where players get a daily score from adventure board (similar to the guild wars scoring system), and the resulting score directly affects the level of tasks availiable on the following days AB. That way, its an incentive to play AB every day, and players can find an appropriate level of difficulty and rewards.

10 Likes

That’s a really cool and fresh idea! I like it a lot.

1 Like

As I think more about it, maybe it could be a weekly thing… as you collect points each day, your weekly total increases, unlocking better chances of getting higher level quests, so if you play every day, you should be confident of getting nice rewards at the end of the week.

Here’s how it would work:
The first week, you would start at zero AB points, or “common” rank. You would need to earn AB points by defeating AB battles in order to progress to rare, ultra rare, epic, legendary and mythic ranks. Each rank would have a minimum weekly score to unlock the next rank.

Depending on your rank, the AB will give you adventures as follows:
Common - Common adventures only.
Rare - Common or rare adventures, with 1 guaranteed to be rare each day.
Ultra-rare - Common, rare or ultra rare adventures, with 1 guaranteed to be Ultra rare.
Epic - Rare, ultra rare or epic, 1 guaranteed epic.
Legendary - Ultra rare, epic or legendary, 1 guaranteed legendary.
Mythic - Epic. Legendary or Mythic, 1 guaranteed Mythic.

It should be possible but very difficult to reach Mythic rank in 6 days, which would guarantee a Mythic adventure on the seventh day for those who succeed.

At weekly reset, players would not be reset to zero, but would retain a percentage of the points earned from the previous week, so that players would not have to start at common every reset, and to give regular players a slightly easier time reaching mythic rank. As a rule of thumb, players who reach mythic would restart at ultra rare, and players who reach legendary would restart at rare.

Obviously a scoring algorithm (similar to GW) would need to be implemented, and based on that the score thresholds for eack rank can be calculated.

With a guaranteed mythic task every week for players who are able to reach it, the rewards may need to be adjusted… The only mythic task I have seen so far was for keys, and gave 2x VIP keys as prizes. I don’t think 2x VIP keys per week would be reasonable, but I don’t know what the other rewards are. Vault keys? Orbs of Chaos? Please no more Orbs of Growth…

2 Likes