Assault Boards (it's like getting coal from Santa...80% of the time)

I really needed that stuff

Not even going to bother playing today

1 Like

That’s better than the AB board I got today. C C R, stones stones souls. Didn’t bother doing any. 3 weeks now and still no kill 150 task or mythic task.

I agree that the majority of rewards are worthless
But I urge u all to do the battles, they are still extremely easy class exp
And maybe it’s just random rng, but I’ve gotten a good handful of gnomes during these battles compared to other ones

At the very least advertise these correctly as Runes of :poop:.

Clearly we misunderstood what they meant when they said rewards would scale to player level. What they really meant was endgamers would get crap on a regular basis so newer players could “catch up”. Every single one of my boards but one has looked like this:

It’s almost enough to make me say to hell with it.

1 Like

I don’t think they understand the definition of reward to be honest with you. In real life and if someone says hey do this and I’ll reward you with a perm. I’m gonna correct them and say no, you’ll “gift” me with a perm after. A Reward has to be worth my time and effort to be considered a reward. But if it doesn’t check those boxes… It has to be something at the very least that I want. (I don’t, and never have, wanted a perm.)
@Sirrian said the change was made because not enough folks were doing daily tasks…(err…umm…daily). The unintened consequence of the change is the slap in the face to the loyal players who were doing the tasks every day and still, all be it, begrudgingly still are.
But hey I guess as long as the stats say people are doing them. That is all that matters though. My soul (the video game one) dying inside from these is not applicable. Games are supposed to be fun, even the match 3 kind.

2 Likes

I would rather get kidney stones

7 Likes

I’ve seen a couple people say this now… did they actually say rewards (or the boards you get, rather) would scale up to player level? I didn’t catch the whole stream, but the thing I remember about levels is that players below 150 would get one thing on the daily set of tutorial tasks, and the higher level players would get the kill tasks. Come to think of it, it would probably be pretty hard to claim “gems are the same” or “gem value is the same” if rewards changed from player to player.

I’m in the middle of compiling data, so if someone know where they said rewards would be different based on player level other than that, please send me a link.

2 Likes

the unfortunate thing is that i have to give thanks for not giving me 2 common
since i started this i have seen 2 epics, 0 legendary, 0 mythical and not to mention the 100 gems

I was about to ask the same thing – I can’t remember seeing or hearing it, either, and the difference in top tasks with tutorial-like ones for new players (which suck, btw) was what came to mind for me as well.

Edit: If anything, I thought I remembered them specifically saying rewards wouldn’t scale or be tailored towards individual accounts, and that not everything was supposed to appeal to everyone, which spawned this clarification from me:

adventure%20board

That being said, as River comments below, I’ve seen multiple examples where nothing appeals to the account at hand (usually Traitstones and Souls), which seems contrary to the statement in my screenshot (from the Twitch Q&A chat).

3 Likes

@Mithran - You are correct. I went back and reread the patch notes and it doesn’t mention scaling by level. I have unfortunately repeated a comment from a different thread on this subject.

That being said, the boards I have received still suck and are absolutely useless at my level.

7 Likes

I re-listened the stream on fast speed and didn’t hear them say the Daily Adventures’ rewards would scale with player level. They only said that higher rarity Daily Adventure had harder battles (with higher rewards) that only higher level players could defeat.

2 Likes

Yeah I think players are getting mixed up and attributing “what other games do” to GoW.

I like this more than the DT. I never did the task so the daily’s kill x amount of troops is more gems for me than I got before.

Well I’m happy for you, because you seem to be their target audience then. I hope it works out in their favor.

It’s working in my favor…but keep bashing everything the devs implement…seems like a solid plan to keep this game around long term.

1 Like

Anyone that wants to argue that it’s good please try to argue with this 3 points with sense.
1:I didn’t like the old system DA but I did it and got rewarded accordingly.
2:I do like the new system AB but I am not being rewarded accordingly nor match what I used to get from DA.(event keys, guaranteed 4epic troops ect …)
3: before we all got rewarded for our work we like it or not but we got rewarded accordingly … now we You work or not our rewards are are served by RNG.
Tbh I am not happy that @Sirrian went quite and not interacting with us about this issue.

80 points shy of VIP 12 on xbox, so what are you bragging about? I spend money too and am happy that the devs are trying to improve the game. You sit on here day after day bashing them.
Since you thought I was a newbie you thought you could pull seniority as if I didn’t know what I was talking about…you ever wonder why there aren’t new people posting on here? Why you only see the same usernames in almost every thread? It’s responses like yours.

4 Likes

Really?? Lol. Money makes the game go long term.

So pretty sure you went there first guy. Idk why my post was flagged and not yours. I guess being a cheerleader for the devs does have its benefits.
The game improved in your opinion because you didn’t like daily tasks. I had no issue with them and I did them every day. Sirrian said not enough people were so they made the change. I literally wrote congraaaaaaaaaaatulations because you are there Target audience and then you bashed me about dev bashing.
You assume a crap ton and then accuse me of assuming. Maybe if there was less hypocrites on the forums. More new players would join. But I’m not keeping them away bub… The games dying because the devs keep changing it to try and make folks like you happy. If that SS is yours… Then thanks for supporting the game. But this was my OP right? Scroll up… You came at me side ways first. People know I’ll argue with any troll. So if you really want to support the game. Maybe don’t instigate an argument on the forums and then blame the other guy? If I spend money on something. I have the right to have an opinion about it. You don’t have a right to have an opinion about my opinion. No matter how entitled you feel by supporting the devs with words and money.

1 Like

Almost identical. This never happened with daily tasks. I’m so confused how people can think this is an upgrade or deserves a single commendation.

Sorry for “bashing” the devs after they “bashed” my feel goods with this steaming load of “rfg”.