3.5 update screenshots (part 2)

Most tasks seem to come in tiers, like owning an increasing number of troops. By only displaying the next tier to be reached the number of tasks displayed would very low.

Unless they are utterly incompetent at developing software, these checks are next to zero cost. There’s no way they could possibly have any perceivable effect on server performance.

1 Like

When will the update come for PS4?

Probably when they will be at work in 10h

Should the update come on PS4 today

Yes on every platform

So tonight the update should come

Yes usually aroung 20h-21h EST

SOMEONE HELP ME!:scream:
(Yes, I already blew through all my glory and gem keys. I need either two more Forest Trolls or five more Owl Riders… or 13 Aurai (lol)).

(49k Glory later, all pushed into chests: Nothing. I did manage to draw Hellcackle and got Zaejin to 9-Star, though. At this point, I’m tempted for VIP chests since one single Ironbark would also help me, as I have five copies of him. Someone advice me if it’s worth it? I have 8k gems and also really want the next mythic…)

4 Likes

Bingo. The tribute nerf has finally happened.

4 Likes

You probably already payed much more resources than a single kingdom’s tribute chance increase of 50% could pay back ever even if the new tribute system would prevent 9 stars there indefinitely.
So no, probably not worth it unless you really really really want it to be 9 stars in which case noone else but you can put a price on it :wink:

1 Like

Have you checked if the Summoning Stones in the Soul Forge contain any troops you still need?

1 Like

Well, I risked it. 100 VIP chests. Am dirt poor now… but I did it.
But if you think I also pulled a mythic, then you’re wrong. Of course I didn’t.:confounded:

I know it was probably not worth it, but eh. I had/have no chance of getting Khetar, Stormheim and Whitehelm to 9-Star (missing the mythics) and this one was just so close. I honestly don’t plan on ever using the new weapon system, as I don’t do PVP, so the kingdoms I get now are those I will keep forever, sooo… I got six at 9-star now. That should be good. If I’m back home from my appointment before the patch hits, I’ll see if there are others close to an upgrade as well, but I doubt it. Also pretty much out of traitstones, I did what I could ever since this horrible patch was announced.

I did and sadly, none of the ones I needed were there. Didn’t expect anything else. :stuck_out_tongue:

Casual PvP is actually quite relaxed if you reroll opponents a few times for an easy match. You might want to give it a try, it’s almost like fighting Explore battles.

3 Likes

Damn… My eyes are bleeding, wtf are you doing to my favourite game :sleepy:

2 Likes

I did casual PVP a lot for the snotstone events when they weren’t a pain in the butt and I sadly have very different experiences from there (and yes, I played on Normal :P). There’s no way that I can go in there with my normal explore team; heck, there are enough battles where I had to fight hard with my meta team.

Also I just don’t find it very relaxing. I always enjoyed GoW as a game where I can just zone out in Explore. In casual PVP, even if it would be as easy as you say, I would still need to focus on what battle to pick and reroll the matches and so on. That’s not what I’m looking for when playing GoW.
Especially since, you know, the new system would force me to use the hero. I don’t like using the hero, mainly because I think the hero is the worst part of the lore, given how incredibly dumb he/she is.

…That said, I just managed to get two more kingdoms from seven to eight stars. I think that’s the extend of what I can do.

So far, I’m not impressed with the update, in theory. It looks about as exciting as a prostate exam. However, it might turn out okay, in practice. Guess we’ll just have to see.

4 Likes

The update isn’t even out and players are already turning their nose up at it. At least take a look at it and see what it has to offer. Once you have tried then provide the feedback on it. Don’t just point out the negative but also point out what you like and what has been improved or is better.

I personally think 3.5 is a very good update much like 3.4.

6 Likes

I think one of my main issues is the dishonesty. Or at least only saying half the things that need to be said by the devs.

They say: “We wanted to make the kingdom upgrade system clearer!”
Which is great and all, but a simple tooltip would have done that…

What they didn’t say and what is blatantly obvious to everyone with eyes in their head:

• “We wanted to nerf tribute and make it harder to get a lot of gems”
  • “We want people to buy the weapons in the event shops because no one but the players who go for the top tiers anyway do so right now”
  • “We want to force players to participate in the new event, which will of course also have a gem shop”
  • “We want people to spend money on the weekly kingdom weapon”
8 Likes

Well, I did say I wasn’t impressed, in theory. I’m going off what we’ve been told and shown so far. I’m not just taking a shot in the dark, I’m basing it on what has been given to me, so far. Also, I did say it might be better in practice. I am trying to be positive here, but, in my experience, a lot of the more recent updates have left a bad taste in my mouth for one reason or another.

Also, I do realize that your comment probably wasn’t directed at just me, even though it came after mine. I just wanted to clarify my stance, at this point, since you brought it up.

So far, this is what I see:

Daily tasks that got nerfed per individual rewards, but are able to be done more often. That might balance out nicely, it might not.

Kingdoms with less ambiguous level up systems, but also with more complex systems. The old system was actually good in its design. You trait, you level up, you ascend troops, you get points and level up stars. In my opinion, the only issue was the values of those points and how they worked. But, that could have been tweaked to be more straight forward.

This new system is very all or nothing. And I’m not sure how I feel about that. While straight forward, it can also be a bit of a crap shoot.

For example, let’s say for a Power Level it says: “Get 10 troops to Level 20”. That means you could max every troop in a kingdom at their base rarity and unless it’s a Mythic, that means nothing in this new system. In the old system, that effort actually meant something, it did something.

So, yeah, I don’t know. In the old system, it felt like every little bit you did counted for something, but it was a little ambiguous in how much those things counted. In this new system, you know exactly what’s expected of you, but if you don’t meet that goal, like in the level 20 example I gave, then all that work up until you meet that goal means next to nothing. Its very “yes or no”. Which, has its advantages and disadvantages, same as the old system

As I said before, in theory, I’m not impressed. But, who knows, in practice, it might be okay.

5 Likes

all of this is pointless…
they figure after a couple weeks it will all blow over and we will Learn To Live With It…
like it or not

2 Likes