Wonderful Valkyrie

My father uses:

Anointed One**
Terraxis*
Alchemist***
Valkyrie***

Adana Banner
Lots of board control, so it’s quite slow but safe.

I agree with this one (with imp) but it’s only better if your imp is fully traited.

It’s ideal if the Winter Imp is traited. I wouldn’t use it if he wasn’t.

Thanks Kool I to had been thinking about going to just 1 Bat so I will give your third offering a good try :slight_smile:

Ok I have found my team, Great Maw, Valk, Mercy and Infernal King is fun fast and delivers souls. As I fight every battle when I am souling sometimes its a little to quick and i get like 42 of possible 80 souls off one Valk cast but I don’t care. Generally getting 72-80 at a solid speed and so much fun when Maw scoffs their biggest threat lol :smiley:

I have arcanes for maw but can’t find her :disappointed:

1 Like

Surprised no one’s mentioned mine:

Knight Coronet
Valk
Rowanne
Prismatic

Has anyone got any suggestions for Valk teams that don’t use random (ie non-quest line) Epics or Legendaries? I’m trying to work out a decent Valkyrie** deck, but my luck with glory keys hasn’t been wonderful. 0 Legendary, and only Ice Witch and Raven for non-quest Epic.

Are you PC or Console? What level are you?

There’s always the classic:

Treant
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Banshee

Nothing more rare than Ultra-Rare, and quite reliable, if slow.

PC, Level 67

Nice, I’ll give it a shot!

Yep I’m also a fan of the Bat Valk teams:

Gorgotha***
Archer*** w Crescendo
Valkyrie***
Crimson Bat***

If I’m leveling a class that doesn’t use purple or green I’ll sub in Soothsayer*** instead of Hero.

I also enjoy using @TaliaParks SH team, it’s lots of fun:

Shadow Hunter***
Behemoth***
Valkyrie***
Druid***

EDIT: I’ve used the aforementioned Maw/Mercy/Valk/IK team and although it’s effective it just seems a little clunky for me. Since I don’t have empowered Mercy I use Alchemist in place of Valk and the results are almost always devastating! No souls though so I break that one out for the really tough fights :wink:

I have @TaliaParks team in my lineup. Only downside for me is the SH is only 2 traited so I am a little more vunerable when using that team to a bad skull roll :slight_smile:

Lyya’s suggestion is very solid and you can try any number of candidates that flow with the bottom 3. That bottom trio should be on every new players list of three to look out for :smiley:

1 Like

Treant is basically a tank to absorb Skull damage I assume? So replacing him would be with something of a similar role?

Cheers for the suggestions!

1 Like

You want a troop in the first slot that doesn’t overlap red and yellow (and to a lesser extent brown and purple), and can provide board control or tankiness. Candidates are:

• Treant (no color overlap, benefits from Valk’s blue, tanky [and more so with traits]);
  • War Sphinx (overlaps only purple, can help keep chains going, impervious with traits);
  • Anointed One (overlaps red, but fast with traits, and can generate red, and self-buffs and heals);
  • Aborath (overlaps purple only, self-buffs and heals);
  • Hero w/ Eternal Flame (ideally Priest for Air Link and healing).
3 Likes

Well all the suggestions had their desired effect and got me making a new team. It is a little slower maybe than I would aim for but I could play it when not so rushed as it is different from my normal fair. All 4 troops are fully traited and the front 2 are not your normal picks.

Griffon Knight***, Revenant***, Valkyrie*** and Mercy*** +2 yellow banner

Mercy is there to feed Valk early if possible and later to heal and cleanse. Valk will fill Griffon and Rev and Griffon firing will re-seed yellows with the chance to have Valk ready to pop.

All those spells popping off feed into the Rev’s 3rd trait and his last man attack can pick off those that like to sit their KoS or BD or feeder in the last slot.

Griffon can block 25% and if hit to much a timely Mercy will breath life back into your troop.

Give it a try I think you will like it.

I’m enjoying:

Anointed One
Mercy
Valkyrie
Sheggra

Traits help a lot obviously, but not required. A1 does green-> red which fills itself, valk, and sheggra. Mercy does purple-> yellow which fills valk. And valk does X-> blue to fill A1 and Mercy. Mercy’s full team cleanse is great for getting rid of frozen from Bone Dragon and teams that use full poison. After a few uses A1’s attack is in the 50+ range letting him slice through even stoneskin troops. And having Sheggra in the anchor spot gives you a “kill a troop now!” button to power through a troop with on-hit traits like Bone Dragon where you don’t want to spend a lot of turns wittling it down. The combination of A1’s and Mercy’s life gain helps keep your lead troop from getting killed.

When I still needed souls I used this in PVP:

Sorceror hero with black manacles
Valkyrie***
Green Slime***
Keeper of Souls**

Double purple banner.

Fairly quick and quite difficult to lose a battle with this team…

Team I plan to try out soon (as soon as I unlock Moloch third trait, and I’m just missing 5 yellow/red arcanes to do so) is:
Alchemist
Valk
Banshee
Moloch.
First 3 have the famous unstoppable loop cycle, and with Moloch third trait, even if your loop stops at some point, enemy status will be so much destroyed that their spells and attacks will do little to no impact. Meanwhile your banshee will be doing a lot of damage (yeah her spell deals a lot of damage now) + Moloch will fill quite easy and you’ll be able to drain an enemy with some troublesome spell :slight_smile: