Wonderful Valkyrie

Could be a slow team against more established players with Banshee as main DD, still sometimes it is not just about speed :slight_smile:

Most of the teams listed here are, to my eye, pretty slow. They require matching lots of gems & firing lots of spells, as well as occasionally getting skull matches.

For easy matches that I want to end quickly, I run the following:

Tyri
Valkyrie
Rowanne
Alastair

If I can’t get Valkyrie filled with 2-3 matches, then I fill Tyri instead, and use her spell to fill Valkyrie. Then cast Valkyrie → Alastair. Next turn Rowanne wipes the board.

This only works if you are playing Normal or Hard. And of course you’ll often want to stall long enough to cast Valkyrie a few more times. Valkyrie on brown gems → Alastair (removing purples) means your board has only 4 colors - so you’ll cascade a bunch to keep extra turns going. And Rowanne’s spell is SO powerful that you really can pretty much with with a single cast. As an extra bonus, Tyri gives you maps sometimes.

3 Likes

I didn’t say its fast :stuck_out_tongue:
You also have Moloch who has his true damage (and he is 2/3 casts to kill any troop), plus you will be doing insane number of 4 and 5 matches, which paired with Moloch third trait will lower enemy stats faster then you think :slight_smile:
Think of it as 1 aoe damage that you can fire infinitive amount of times + doing damage with banshee in the process. Death of a thousand cuts (with an occasional axe to the chests :smile: )

Dang that looks fun. Really glad I made this post now. All I need is an active server lol

On a rowanne team topic, I used her for some time in team as follows:
Hero with black manacles
Rowanne
Valkyria
Sunweaver
+2 yellow banner.
Valkyria powers up rowanne and sunweaver, Sun enlarges rowanne armor a lot, and the damage rowanne deals is masiv. But it just doesn’t work consistent enough against 700+ level opponents. And is rather slow to add.

I have been using 2 teams:
Maw***
Valk***
Giant Spider**
KoS**

I hate the spider summons if I lose Maw but I have more success with it than the green slime.

Somehow I always fall back on
KoS
KoS
Valk
Spider

When you have both KoS ready to go, its a good feeling.
I wish I didn’t have to use Valk as much as I do. When I do a match without her and see “10 souls” it makes me cringe.

Glad you like it :smiley:
By the way, it also works on Warlord difficulties as Maw will be on par with your ennemies once he eat one of them, though it comes with a risk, I often play it on W2 difficulty, and, when I have a defense battle that rewards gold, I play it on W4.

Lost only twice with it : once got eaten by enemy Maw (lucky skull drop + trait proc), and another time, on W4, I got no opportunities ffor Mercy’s spell before the ennemy could unleash a Rowanne Spell for a wooping 200 damage that wipped me out ^^’

If you have the ressources to trait knight coronet give him a shot. He is insanely strong when fully traited and ascended.

I am using
Knight Coronet***
Behemoth*
Rowanne
Valkyrie***
With red+2 banner

Behemoth slipped in with his recent buff, before that I used Griffon Knight***.
Rowanne could be replaced with druid.

I currently run:

Serpent***
Infernal King
Valkyrie***
Alchemist***

Amazing board control, lead troop has Agile and high attack, Alchemist gets you extra gold, and you can win fights pretty quick as long as your luck isn’t bad. In fact, I’ve never lost with this team except when I made a mistake (usually firing Serpent or IK too early) or had the AI get all the luck (and I’m talking extreme bias here).

If you have VIP 9 or better and a soul bonus armor I rank in souls but using

Green/Purple Banner

Alchemist (2 traits)
Green Seer (no traits)
Cresendo (necromancer)(3 traits)
Giant Spider (2 traits)

Every 4+ of a kind grants 3 soul and this deck makes a lot of them. It on average finishes PVP games within 2 minutes and (with VIP 10 and death knight armor) brings in 60+ souls and 2,000+ gold

Something
Alch
Valk
Sunweaver (quest line)

If you get in trouble, Sunweaver can bail you out. Very thoughtful play, not the fastest, but high reliability.

I’ve tried a lot of things in the first slot, settled on Knight Coronet*** for tanking or Boar Rider for fast damage. Don’t cast KC’s spell until you have at least one of Alch/Valk charged so you can refill quickly. Or don’t cast KC at all and use your wealth of yellow/blue mana on Sunweaver casts keeping him alive (and making him a brutal striker in the process).

Downside of the spider is its terrible summon if the first troop dies

I don’t prioritize attacking with the spider, his mana cost doesn’t lap with any other troops and I use him as a meat shield, when I have Giant Spider full and a Spider Swarm in play I leave a skull match out so the AI will waste a turn attacking it, then I cast the Giant Spider for a 4+ of a kind and make a new one, the Swarm just keeps heat off of the other troop and he does his job very well

I love how many different teams you guys come up with just to use a single troop.

5 Likes

Does this surprise you? I thought this was the meta for the game with my defend history to go on.

Not really, but I still enjoy seeing everything.

3 Likes

Everything you say, well i hope you feast your eyes well on the draft.

Fastest while a bit defensive buffs:

Griffon Knight
Valkyrie
Rowanne
Prism Orb

Safer variant:

Knight Coronet
Valkyrie
Rowanne
Prism Orb

Knight theme for increased Defense and a little attack:

Knight Coronet
Griffon Knight
Valkyrie (at least looks armored like a Knight ^^)
Prism Orb (Knight/Swords Edge/Knight Bond)

Takes a while to get running but then very effective spelldmg clearspeed:

Knight Coronet
Behemoth (gives 2 atk to Coronet, that becomes with 20-22 atk a serious skulldealer without active played buffs like Sunveaver)
Valkyrie
Prism Orb

Full dmg without Valk:

Priest
Alchemist
Rowanne (1 charge of all troops: 210dmg and a shield to protect the armor)
Golden Cog

Melee focussed with Valk:

Maw
Glory
Valk
Infernal

or

Coronet
Alch
Valk
Sunweaver

Greeting,
Eye

2 Likes

Who is “glory”?

I guess he meant Mercy. Same deck as mine.