Why we need to keep world events during GW week

Eh, just a random thing to say to :zipper_mouth_face: you up

Uh oh. Today in GW, we face the almighty one person guild! OH NO! SO CHALLENGING!

Overall looking at all the guilds, look at how close #2 is to us. So competitive!

1 year and 8 months in, and GW is still a joke.

Will GW ever be for anything but the oldest guilds?

6 Likes

Manā€¦ Having been in the same guild for 3.5 years, Iā€™ve never faced this issue, but I can imagine how annoying it is. On the plus side, you get all the bonuses for winning every time, but itā€™s a really broken mechanic and itā€™s of course frustrating to keep fighting dead guilds when you should be considerably higher. Not sure why this isnā€™t higher priority for the company to fix, because it absolutely should be.

1 Like

We are almost having something that could maybe be called competitionā€¦ Almostā€¦

1 Like

Yet this is how it used to be and I loved it. Honestly not because GW was some sort of huge time hog. GW week, for me and people like me, was a week where I could use ā€œeventā€ time on other things. Or sometimes just rest.

Now we have a world event (or a ToD) every single day, constantly. We have guild wars at normal intervals. We have the old invasion and raid events on weekends. Because I have RL responsibilities, this leaves much much less time for working on personal goals in the game.

You donā€™t have to spend so much time in game, though. That is your choice.

Tbh, I wouldnā€™t mind a GW week with nothing else if brackets werenā€™t broken. Here is the score so far. This isnā€™t fun.

1 Like

I donā€™t spend so much time in the game thoughā€¦ literally my point. :woman_facepalming: Used to be that was a thing that wasnā€™t a big deal. Now? Itā€™s a thing that means Iā€™m helping my guild as much as Iā€™d like.

Yes brackets are broken and sucky. I personally do not in the least bit care at all. Not even a teeny tiny itty bit teeny weeny bit. (Like the amount you care about too many events at a time.). However, while I donā€™t care, I want that fixed for you and folks like you, who hate that. I want you to have whatever relief that will fix your pain point with the game.

Please acknowledge that we al, have different pain points, though. Itā€™s a thing.

1 Like

@Snooj
Looks like your oponent on yellow day didnā€™t even have a unique team for yellow defence, and thatā€™s just 2nd day of GWā€¦ score below 2000ā€¦ yuckā€¦

1 Like

Yep my guild was WTFing at that :rofl:

Every GW Tuesday we go to battle yelling and waving our swords in the air. As days pass, our battle cries no longer echo in the valleys. I fear the day when our roars shall be nothing more than whispers in the wind. Tired and bored guildies throwing rocks at opposing teamsā€¦

4 Likes

These have to be less competitive brackets. We are at Bracket 13 this week and fighting to stay in the top spot. I havenā€™t seen a zero play team in years.

That said, Iā€™m fine with concurrent events. Iā€™d rather the limit be 2 rather than 3-4, though.

As stated in my post, this is after a year and a half of competing and winning. Only the older guilds can get to the competitive brackets. :sob:

My guild isnā€™t a top GW guild, I just want to not fight dead guilds.

1 Like

No top brackets for my guild yet, for sure. But shouldnā€™t a game mode be fun for everyone, not just those in top brackets? War does really sound like competition and there is almost none. Our guilds main objective is trying to better our high score, for there is no other goals to be hadā€¦ If we could just get rid of the zero guilds, that would be niceā€¦ They could keep their hard earned points and leaderboard standing, just donā€™t put them in a bracket anymore. I do like the idea of guild warā€¦

3 Likes

Weā€™re in Bracket 18, thereā€™s one Guild which can only have about three or four (active?) membersā€¦

2 Likes

It is Sunday. The scores so far for my bracket:

We have 4x the score of the #2 guild.

We are the only guild to get even the minimum of 324k points! Thatā€™s if a full roster sets unique defense teams and skips all fights.

We are increasing by 8 brackets a GW only. I know we arenā€™t top bracket material, but for fun letā€™s pretend we are. It would then take another 22 GWs to get to the top. Assuming 1 GW a month, that is another two years. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

There is this one guild losing to us only by about 200000 points, we waited to face them, then we waited some more, but nope, it never came. That would have brought even that little feeling of competition. So the opponents are totally random? Sure, itā€™s nice to get the prize, but it would feel a lot better after a struggle. Even losing it sometimes would make it really feel like a prize. The sweet ainā€™t as sweet without the sourā€¦

1 Like

Not sure what bracket youā€™re in, but if yours is like mine neither of us get good prizes. :frowning: sure, we get 50 gems for winning top of our bracket, but what about the other GW rewards?

I also find this picture confusing. I donā€™t know why the rank 1000+ is selected when my guild is only rank 1821. Maybe deep down the game knows we shouldnā€™t be that low.

Also lol. Your guild didnt fight even one guild doing just unique defense teams (thatd be 54k points a day).

Maybe one day your guild and mine will find each other in the graveyard of dead guilds, and we will have an epic battle. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Then your guild is 1000+ just as any guild not in top 1000. We shall be waiting for that epic meeting :joy: We are somewhere 2000+

1 Like

Because every guild with rank 1000+ (even if your guild would be #9999) gets the same rewards as that is the lowest possible payout?

Itā€™s not that confusing, actually, if my math is correct.
Rank 1 to Rank 7+ is Bracket 1
Rank 10+ is Bracket 2
Rank 20+ is Brackets 3, 4 and 5
Rank 50+ is Brackets 6 to 10
ā€¦
Rank 400+ is Brackets 41 to 100
Rank 1000+ is all the remaining guilds.

3 Likes

Yeah, the issue is just that literally all the goodies are shunted toward such a small handful of the playerbase.

Literally only Bracket 1 should remain the same. From there downward, the rewards should be dramatically increased, and the reward tiers should be radically expanded to affect more folks.

Also brackets should be fixed, yada-yada, see what Iā€™ve been saying for literally years now, my criticisms and suggestions remain the same and are still (as far as Iā€™m concerned) good ones.

6 Likes