Which faction should I try to max next?

yeah, I agree. Which team would you recommend for Sea of Sorrow?

I did sea of sorrows potionless:
Hammerclaw/sea witch/king/king. Banner of sorrows. Hoard 177x1.5

Took only 4 tries; 2 of the 3 failures had devour rooms in front of boss room that ended those runs; frankly I should have just used regular non-pure team in those cases, I knew I wouldnā€™t win :rofl:

2 Likes

What is the highest treasure hoard you have in a faction and do you by any chance remember how much gold it cost? Iā€™m poor and making the hoard level hit 100 makes me feel sickā€¦

Thanks! So main strategy is to get sea witch going if I understand it correctly?

The highest I have is Dark Pits, I needed 300 to max it without potions. But cant remember now how many treasures it took, but a ton.

1 Like

So drained now that 250 req delves is not an option. Need a ton of gold to use the less effective treasures.

I only used sea witch when I did not have other options to avoid skulls or badness. I let hammerclaw and sea witch both fill up, and would use their spells when needed, but focused primarily on deep king for damage. Slightly slower in the best case, but much safer in the worst-case than relying on luck of skyfall or random gem creation spells.

1 Like

Hmm, lycanā€¦

I used my treasures so very stupidly in the beginning, I should have saved them for higher hoardsā€¦ I think Iā€™ll just do the factions evenly until lyca gems are gone, then I can do more lvl 500 pure runsā€¦

After Sea of Sorrow, I would say Werewoods is your next easiest. I got it first try potionless at 177x1.5 following team (after nearly a MONTH of failing with other configurations)

started with bear/bird/torbern/cat; went into final fight with no losses, but bear/bird/torbern/torbern after transforms en-route.

Bear has skull reduction himself, and enrage which is nice to cut through enemy skull reduction

Then deny brown in the final fight so their torbern never casts, or if he does, keep all fingers and toes crossed that he doesnā€™t have alignment.

Tried many times with bird first, but itā€™s just too fragile.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. 2nd match in. Low expectations. I hoping to keep Torbern for last match. What is your input on this?

looks promising! Iā€™d probably try to avoid casting torbern before the boss room, he seems like an asset, and it would be a shame for him to transform to a different werewoods troop before the hard fight. (especially since he removes both blue and brown, which are your two most important colors for hammerclaw and deep king)

2nd match, had to use Torbein. drogo charms a random enemy and my sea witch is in danger. Piew he didnt summon into something else.

1 Like

3rd battle. Tips?

thatā€™s a bit of a rough room for 500, especially since denying red and yellow doesnā€™t benefit you much. Just gotta grind it out and hope for the best. Maybe allow 1st baby dragon to cast its spell, and hope it manablocks troops below it, then grind them all out with deep king, keeping hammerclawā€™s armor up when needed. Hope that TDS doesnā€™t summon on death too :frowning:

edit: Venbarak, not TDSā€¦ thatā€™s a bit trickier, since it has some significant spell damage. probably want to deny blue-purple with priority, which you want anyway.

1 Like

Now I need to be really careful to cast my tiny Sea Witch, so it doesnt crashes and fill up their Venbarakā€¦ Perhaps aiming for purple/blue so CPU will struggle to fill up their Venebark as well.

1 Like

oh wait, I have ofc Subemerge that will save me from Venebarkā€¦

1 Like

oh Lord, Lycantrophy LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Devs check this u better be jokingā€¦

Hes actually really good.

1 Like

ooooh nooooo! thatā€™s a major suck. no synergy at all with your other troops, and manablocking deep king on brown to boot :frowning:

at least charm is a decent ability against high level troopsā€¦ but Iā€™d almost always rather cast a deep king than bunnicorn.

but his charm is really great up here cuz CPU has so high attackā€¦