What if players were grateful for the Devs?

…double the number of gems of a certain color type on the board. :upside_down_face:

I’m so Metamucilly. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Other games from InfinityPlus2:
Warlords (google Warlords and you can play it in a browser)
Warlords 2 (not playable)
Warlords 2 Deluxe (playable in a browser)
Warlords 3 Reign of Heroes (Unplayable)
Warlords Darklords Rising (Unplayable)
Warlords 4 (Retail is still playable and there is an update at InfinityPlus2 website)
Warlords Battlecry 1, 2, 3 (at GOG.com for about $6 US BC 1 and 2, $10 for BC3)

I did this back in the day. Pre-3.1 update, I believe. Before the Gem nerf and new UI, I used to recommend this game like crazy. Also, I used to spend all my spare “gaming” money on GoW up until that point. I was a huge supporter of their work.

But, for better or worse, the current Gems isn’t that game anymore. Some love and some hate it. Personally, while I’m not out anywhere with a torch and pitchfork, the current Gems is something I feel I can’t recommend or financially support as much, anymore. All that being said, if Gems ever “returns to its roots” and becomes more like the game I used to love again, I’ll happily be there, wallet in hand, cheering it on.

I wonder if they can see what we play. In line with your “you complain, but still play the game” point, I am one of those people. Now, one might argue “Well, if you don’t like the game, why do you still play it?”

Well, the thing is, I don’t dislike all of it. But, a lot of what I complain about on here, if you saw my account activity, you would notice I don’t really play.

For example, I don’t like raids, I don’t really play them. I only do the minion rounds so I can collect and throw the rewards back into the guild, like the gold or if I get an orb of clans, but that’s it. Unless it’s a new pet or the one I’m still trying to max out for the achievement, I don’t play Pet Rescue. I don’t like the Delves, I don’t play them. I only do the Quest line for factions, because I like the story. I don’t like GW, I don’t play them, really. Sometimes I do the first battle to get the defense points, but that’s it.

My point is, if you were to look at my account, you would see me doing the things I enjoy, like PvP and Weekly Events. Mostly, I ignore what I don’t like. The problem, and the reason why I complain, is a lot of this game has become “what I don’t like” and in the case of Underworld portals, the only place to get some stuff. So, if I don’t like that part of the game, I’m just screwed out of any content attached to it. Lovely.

But, yeah, what I’m trying to say is, time isn’t the only factor worth looking at here, it’s also what’s being played. Like I said, if you look at my account and see what I play, and look on here and see what I complain about, you would notice I don’t really play (or hardly play) the things I complain about. I’m pretty consistent in that regard. I’m not complaining about Delves and spending 30 hours a week playing them. Lol.

Though, I know there can be a bit of a grey area here. For example, you could hate Raids, spend 30 hours a week playing them, but that’s only because you want to help your Guild or because it’s required by them. Sometimes people have to do things, even if they don’t like them, and I’m sure anyone who hates the place they work, but still needs the paycheck would attest to that point. Haha.

Indeed.

Now, this, I would like to see. Also, since Nintendo and Microsoft are so “buddy-buddy” these days, can we get cross platform/account linking there? One of my big complaints about Console Gems is I can’t play on my phone/on the go and can’t collect tributes away from home. If I could also play my Xbox account on the Switch, that would alleviate those issues, as you can take that system on the go, and I would be absolutely ecstatic about it!

You guys make a Switch version with that ability and I’ll happily throw money at this game, like I used to. xD

Lmao. Nice.

3 Likes

:sparkles: PHILOSOPHY CORNER :sparkles:

There’s a thing called “the paradox of tolerance” and it’s very relevant to contemporary discourse.

For it, we imagine a society that is built on the concept of “tolerance”. Everyone’s idea is allowed to be stated and acted upon, and if you don’t like it you just step aside. Then someone thinks up a weird idea: “I would like to murder people who play Gems of War.” People question it, at first, then the Tolerance Police point out it is intolerant to question the idea. So the person starts murdering Gems of War players. Everyone tolerates it.

Now it is indistinguishable from a society that does not tolerate Gems of War. By tolerating the concept “I want to murder Gems of War” players, the society has become complicit with that intolerant view.

Thus: to be tolerant, you must be intolerant of ideas that are intolerant. And to be ethical within that paradox, you must be sure the ideas you do not tolerate are more harmful than good.

20 years ago I spent 10 years on the same video game forum. We did not have consistent problems with trolls. This is because the moderators did not tolerate trolling and banned them mercilessly. I was on a lot of other forums that didn’t last as long. They let trolls in and didn’t do anything about it. So people moved to better forums, and let the old ones have fun being nothing but trolls.

You can see it in modern communities too. Do people here like Twitter? Facebook public timelines? Google Plus? Tumblr? Right. You think they’re garbage, yes? No moderators or absent moderators. What about private Facebook groups? Your clan discord? LINE? Moderated or invite-only. People like strong moderation.

So yes, I don’t believe there is any reason to let an unashamed troll dominate threads.

I should probably be banned too.

If they hadn’t I would have quit the game, I wasn’t doing guild wars every week for the rest of my Gems of War days…

I feel you are all doing a fantastic job. I look forward to playing everyday, and I look forward to all the new troops and new content. I also really enjoy the preview streams.

I don’t think so, I like a lot of your posts.

I agree with Zeddicus2017.

Many of your contributions/posts provide perspective and insight.

And, actually, this is one of the better forums around, too, I feel… 'cause of its members.

All of them. :wink::clown_face:

2 Likes

I believe the only reason that Xbox can’t cross play with PC/Mobile is because of the PS4 users. They would think it’s unfair.
The Switch is considered a mobile platform. Much like a tablet. It’s just a Nintendo Tablet, instead of an Amazon, Samsung, or Apple one.
I expect to be able to play on my mobile account on the Switch. I do not for see Xbox accounts being played on the Switch. When the Switch first came out I went back and forth for a while with a dev about cross play. It sounds like it would do a lot more harm than good.

Yeah on this topic I can confirm it’s all on Sony.

MS and Nintendo aren’t really buddy-buddy, they just don’t have specific policies that prevent cross-play between their platforms. Sony has explicitly forbidden it. MS probably can’t actually forbid it. I think the landscape is like this:

A company would prefer to not allow cross-platform play. If PS4 users can only play with PS4 users, then it’s likely people who have PS4s will pressure their friends into having PS4s. And even if a good deal comes out for XBO and there’s a great game on it, PS4 users will be loathe to switch over unless all of their friends switch over too, which isn’t very likely.

But MS can’t easily forbid cross-platform play. They like it as a selling point that Windows users can play with XBO users. Both Windows and XBO are kind of struggling to attract users so it’s a big deal. So if MS forbid cross-platform play on XBO, they’d want to make a special exception for PC platforms. But MS has been sued several different times for anticompetitive behavior so I’m pretty sure they don’t want to test those waters.

And Nintendo doesn’t have a good reason to forbid it, either. While Switch is performing exceptionally well, they are still the third wheel in the console world and much smaller than their competitors. They benefit greatly from “you can keep your PC Fortnite account on the Switch, too!” so you better believe they’re going to keep it.

That leaves Sony being the arrogant brute, as usual. They believe the PS4 is so special, you won’t want any other gaming device and you’ll break friendships if people don’t have a PS4.

What happens instead is most people have a PS4 and another console and a PC. Which suits Nintendo and MS fine. They still sell hardware, and you’re more likely to get cross-platform games on one of the platforms they support.

I don’t foresee a Switch release for similar reasons why we don’t see a Mac release even though it “should be trivial”. It’s another platform, which means more QA and another set of App Store guidelines to wrestle with every release. The QA process for GoW is already obviously tied up so it’s probably not wise to add more to it.

A Switch port would be a novelty for me, the app is more convenient on a mobile OS. Since Switch doesn’t have a concept of “backgrounding” a game or multitasking between games, I don’t have much use for GoW on it. I’d rather “more bugfixes” than “a client I start occasionally for fun”.

2 Likes

Fair points about a Nintendo version, all around. I’m just saying if it worked that way (where you could connect one account and play on both), I would be thrilled. I don’t expect it, I would just be happy/gratful if it happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read all of this :angel:

:smirk: huehuehue

Sony will now be allowing cross play for fortnite. This was announced yesterday. Maybe the devs can shed some light on their pursuit of crossplay.

I’m sure they will, eventually, but I think we’ll be more likely to get the answer we want if we let them spend a few days discussing what they should do rather than demand a comment within 6 hours of Sony’s decision.

It isn’t even clear yet if Sony is allowing everyone to do cross-play or if this is “just for Fortnite because we’re getting our butts kicked by Nintendo”.

Chill. I’m not demanding anything. When the devs are ready, i’m sure they will say something. Secondly Sony stated that they will be reviewing titles going forward.

Isn’t it spelled Delves?