What do you think are worst troops in the game?

My question is inspired by the card I became aware of today: Dullahan. It has to be the worst troop I have seen so far, and I have been playing since 2015. I thought Gargantaur was the worst until now, but Dullahan manages to be even worse. Its damage is boosted by enemy and ALLY deaths. So the more troops you lose, the better damage. And on top of that, it will kill either the first enemy or the first ally, Basically, you have 50% chance that you will wipe your own team all by yourself. With troops like that, who needs enemies? I wonder who among the devs came up with that idea.

So I was wondering what would be your worst troops in the game? I am curious to see “champions” that will come out on top lol

1 Like

There are so MANY bad troops in terms of battles, you used to see many of them rolled out as defense teams during the old PvP system - some people were seeking Revenge battles and others were just benevolent.

My favourite bad troop is Will the Anchor. Poor dude is just trying to scrape out a living and save his own skin, so he heists a bit of gold and sinks to the bottom of the team. A man after my heart!

Also Brian the Lucky - Cheers!

1 Like

funny enough, I don’t even consider Brian the Lucky “bad” bad. At least its a benefit to 3 other troops.

Essencia is near the top of my list.

A troop that literally does nothing unless you’re losing is just awful.

Worst Mythic: Sacred Treasure if counted. Abynissia is the worst value mythic (22 mana to explode and summon), but exploding is still better than some other mythic. Bottom 3: Shade of Zorn, Sparkinator, Libara. Gargantaur left off because it has Impervious. Sad low bar.

Worst Legendary: Ace of Runes (dev team refuses to give it Suit of x 3rd trait, like the other 2 Aces. Give “4” armor to an "Ally).

Worst Epic: Mysterious Hero? There’s many I wouldn’t even contend, but this one seems exceptionally bad. Wereshark, honorable mention

Worst Common: Rat Swarm

I’ll check Ultra Rare/Rare later

1 Like

There are so many. Worst Mythic is Fallen Valdis, her spell is to counter a meta which no longer exists.

3 Likes

Years ago when the gameplay was a lot slower, a mana generator + 3x Brian used to be a sort of amusing team, relying on Brians hitting each others magic. Then boost everyone to 1,000 of all stats and wait for skull drops. Brian eventually reaches the impossible/novel point of increasing stats by 1,001 , bc he does magic+1 . I don’t think it would still work in the modern game of speedy turn 1 wins/losses :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sky Scorption and pretty much all of the Drifting Sand troops with a one cast only spell, I just don’t see how one cast really fits into the current state of the game. An exception to The Great Maw, which has devour.

Nature Weird. Deals a low amount of scatter damage boosted by Elemental Stars. Plus it’s a Bounty troop, so if it were the event you’d have to sacrifice some of your Bounty score multiplier to a Nexus troop that can support this thing.

1 Like

In the ultra rare/rare tiers, I just remembered drawing Thaumataur in an arena run and not facing any purple opponents…

Sibyl of lust has always seemed not very good

Sword maidens ability to deal a flat 3 dmg even at high levels I also find hilarious

Coincidence, they’re all purple&red ?

1 Like

Immortals lol

pair dullahan with an invulnerable troop in first slot and do some fun things

1 Like

Bison hands down

1 Like

Did you test it? I seem to recall that killing your own troops may bypass immunities, at least for some troops doing the killing.

Thank you for such thorough answer. I had fun reading about those troops :smiley:

1 Like

I forgot about Sword Maiden and her lowest damage being fixed at 3.

There’s also Couatl; Create 12 random gems. Random? Great.

Have not thought about couatl in a long time!! Also years ago, before champion XP (so non-hero teams very common), and when dragons truly ruled the mid-game… sylvanimora, dragon soul, Krystenax and couatl was a 4 dragon team that covered all 6 colors, so the random 12 gems always filled somebody, even if unpredictable. Haven’t used it in forever though obviously

I also like the rainbow wing card art :rainbow: :wink: does fun art count for being useful? :joy:

1 Like

The game was completely different at release. You didnt have an explodathon of gems so Couatl was useful. Today obviously not so much.

yep, did brown ToD with it, leonis tower in first slot

1 Like

To be fair, if you’re running Dullahan you should have a replaceable Troop in your first position specifically to guard against Dullahan killing it instead of the enemy.

Now, one that could be dismissed as intentionally weak but I feel needs a mention regardless is: Peasant. Destroying one Gem of your choice, plus the Gems right and left of it, is of extremely limited value. But on the flipside, you can use it to activate inert Heroic Gems (Bomb, Death Mark, etc) and it charges in just 3 Mana so it’s basically always ready to cast (even more so than the Tarot cards), and can therefore provide an alternative in zugzwang scenarios.

1 Like

thankfully no one actually said peasant

1 Like

Peasant + doomskull = arena MVP. Even if arena is generally out of favor, IMHO peasant is incredibly useful :skull_and_crossbones:

More limited in other modes definitely, but I think I’ve used peasant in a world event too, probably as you described for board control . Also I had to google zugzwang thanks for teaching me a new word :slight_smile:

Peasant is a lot better than Ogre. Sure, Peasant sucks for the most part, but at least his spell is predictable in that you have some control over what the board is going to look like when he’s done.