What's your least favorite troop to fight against?

Mine is Psion. No matter what I do, it gets a skull match every single turn it seems. When I play with Psion though, it’s like the skulls are taken from the board!

7 Likes

Kind of a toss-up for me. Either:

1. Spirit Fox - empowered mana drain and the yellow removal always seems to result in him refilling (and often getting an extra turn) when he casts; or
  2. Infernus - not only does a crap-ton of damage but somehow manages to refill from exploding just a few gems. Also, I don’t have him and therefore I’m jealous.
4 Likes

Famine… I can beat him but he definitely makes GOW a lot less fun. If you have him on your defend… you’re not getting a revenge battle from me.

2 Likes

Famine. Period.

2 Likes

PSION, Spirit Fox and Forest Troll.

1 Like

Psion, spirit fux and famine. Nothing else infuriates me like those three.

I’d have to say mine would be Psion as well. Famine is a close second. Maybe Wisps would fill the third slot.

1 Like

Wisps. They also travel in packs. Spirit Fox is challenging, Famine and Infernus are supposed to be superpowerful, but those critters are overpowered and also use my own power against me. Twice. Often.

Krystenax - just a stupid troop

3 Likes

Poor Kri-kri. Why such an hate?

Infinite loops plus a summon that then enchants it and feeds it more mana - what’s not to hate?

The Dragon Soul - the cat with 9 lives, disguised as a dragon.

5 Likes

If only. I’d love to have him respawn more often.

EXTRA TURN
EXTRA TURN
SKULL EXTRA TURN
SKULL EXTRA TURN
EXTRA TURN
FALLEN STARS
EXTRA TURN
FALLEN STARS
EXTRA TURN
NEVERMORE
FALLEN STARS
SKULL EXTRA TURN
SKULL EXTRA TURN
SKULL EXTRA TURN
SKULL EXTRA TURN
SKULL EXTRA TURN
SKULL EXTRA TURN

DEFEAT

Happens rarely but I have to quit playing for an hour every time. The team is RNG, RNG, The Dragon Soul, Queen Mab.

5 Likes

RNG is undoubltly on the AI’s side, but…
What troop is in the 1sr and 2nd position?
(This team looks bottom-heavy. Try Baba Yaga.)

Plague with Aspect of Plague. If you don’t get a foothold in those fights it can be brutal as you slowly wither to uselessness. And often by the time you do get your foothold the balance has shifted too far.

On offense you will find Plague rarely saps the Magic stat but when he’s on the AI the opposite happens.

1 Like

Psion
Kraken
Forest Guardian
Famine
Plague
Spirit Fox
Wisp
Any silencer, depending on my team

Psion is by far the worst since he fills so quickly. Famine/Plague need far longer to fill and what’s the issue with the horsemen is usually their third trait, which can in most cases be neutralized with a stun. Khorvash does extremely well against all horsemen, but Psion just seems pretty much unbeatable when it comes to filling up.
Spirit Fox and Wisp are just annoying.
Also depending on my team, any silencer can wreck me. I hate fighting Baba Yaga, she seems to fill up very fast and my normal team is a dragon team with TDS in third spot as the only damager.

And of course, anything that devours me is deeply hated by me since the chance to devour my troops seems to be a constant 100%. Kraken is what I see the most, but Maw+Mercy combo is definitely something I also hate fighting.

Forest Guardian is just obnoxious for me, it’s like I automatically lose if it gets to cast once. I don’t even know.

Basically, everything that deals true damage, mana-drains, devours or just drains stats automatically each round is something I hate to fight.

Recently, tds is my least favorite because the same one will respawn 5 times in a row against me…not to mention his team gains mana from gem explosions.
It’s funny that spirit fox is mentioned so much as he was one of my first favorite troops that i eventually moved on from because he just didn’t seem strong enough. Famine and Psion are also troops i used to use a lot. Seems the troops most people seem to hate facing the most are the mana drainers. If i were to choose a team i hate to face the most, I’d say goblin teams…those extra turns just get annoying.

Any fun-sucking troop with mana drain. Spirit Fox particularly annoys me as I know it was only invented as a contrived counter to Mercy, when what was clearly needed (and subsequently done) was a nerf to Maw.

And Mab. Freeze was a horrible addition to the game really. Yeah I get why it works tactically, but it kills the fun of carefully working the board with loops and control.

5 Likes

(Lounge post, can’t quote properly)

Never forgive, never forget. :broken_heart:

7 Likes