Update broke game on XBOX

@DenXD What Xbox are you on (Xbox One X or S or otherwise)?

@Larvi Thanks for the information, I can see your ticket and will follow up there :slight_smile:

@Cyrup @Kafka @Saltypatra Here are some stats collected from the forum. Maybe other gamers can add more info:

Server error message for several months, but once clicked to try again no problem (before the update):
enanenes, sprayer, pseudotsuga, kfdavila, Cyric, mfeforever, DenXD, JonathanStriker

Deleting and reinstalling the game (and other general ā€œsolutionsā€) didnā€™t work:
enanenes, Sprayer, toyster, DenXD

All other games work and internet connection isnā€™t a problem:
all gamers

In the preview program:
Enanenes (beta), kfdavila, Larvi, (DenXD?)

Xbox One X:
enanenes

Xbox One S:
GiZzMo86

Xbox One Day One Console:
pseudotsuga

Could play on mondays (automatically downloading new week data):
enanenes

Could play only one time since the problem begun but then not again anymore:
enanenes, DenXD

Gamers with 2 consoles and only one doesnā€™t work:
GiZzMo86 (Xbox One S doesnā€™t work but old Xbox One works), Larvi (old original Xbox One 500gb doesnā€™t work but new Xbox One S works)

Gamers that can open link: https://status.infinityplustwo.net/gemsofwar_xb1_status_v2.txt
enanenes, DenxD

1 Like

Can open link no problem. Original Xbox One. Tried uninstalling save data and game. In preview program.

I CAN open the link I think (it shows a bunch of text), original xbox one (day one console). insider program.

Same as sprayer. Original Xbox One (not day one, 1Gig version) and also in the Insider Program.

Anyone in the insider program should report this to Microsoft as well if they havenā€™t already. I really think the core issue is with the OS since I see issues with a lot of games when I first start them up saying Iā€™m not connected to the internet when I really am. The difference being that those games continue on and donā€™t hang like Gems of War. But there is a larger issue here as to why the XB1 doesnā€™t think it is online when it is.
I was thinking it might be some sort of NAT issue with my router but Iā€™ve tried everything I can think of including changing port assignments, putting the XB1 in DMZ and still have the issue so Iā€™m really at a loss here. I havenā€™t tried swapping out to one of my older routers yet due to the disruption that causes since both my wife and I work from home, but I may try it if I have time over the weekend.

@Cyrup:

Well, itā€™s been over a week now. Iā€™m probably thrown out of my guild, missed out on all of the daily / weekly / monthly bonuses, and I assume whatever (I think it was guild wars) weekly guild event was going on got NO help from me.

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE ABLE TO PLAY AGAIN? And are you devs going to restore all the items we WOULD have gotten if we were allowed to play?

We have some fixes that will help with this issue coming in the 4.3.5 update. However, they may not help all players, so we are still investigating further. We will do everything we can.

As @larvi has said, it looks a fair few of these issues are caused by the OS and the way it connects to the internet. Sometimes even when it is connected it will act like it isnā€™t, which in turn negatively affects Gems of War as it requires a stable connection to play.

In regards to compensation, it is something that our team is discussing. We donā€™t have anything to announce yet, as we donā€™t have a clear plan on what we will or wonā€™t be doing.

Can you give us a clue when the 4.3.5 update is due to come out?

Wow, this is really taking a long time.

If you didnā€™t see the updates to the official post for this issue already -

Iā€™m very sorry :frowning: Unfortunately, this problem will not be resolved until the next update 4.3.5 as it requires an update to the game client/application and is out of our control. In the mean-time, you can try the steps outlined in this article (as linked above). Some players have found these helpful and they work for you to temporarily resolve the problem.

If you havenā€™t already please submit a ticket with a screenshot or video of the issue if you are affected by this issue so we can organize compensation when the issue is resolved.

@Cyrup Itā€™s been 2 weeks already and we still can play the game. When will 4.3.5 be launched?

We donā€™t have a firm release date for 4.3.5 yet.

Hello team!

We have some more information. If you are using your X Box One in the beta, or preview mode, Gems of War will likely be affected and cause this issue.

Please disable it and see if this helps. (And let us know either way!)

1 Like

Leaving the preview program is not enough, you have to leave, then reset. It just worked for me.

3 Likes

@kfdavila Hello! Iā€™m going to give it a try and leave the Xbox Insider Program to see if it also works for me. Itā€™s something I already suggested 12 days ago to be the problem but it seemed not all the gamers were on the insider program and maybe only now the devs could really look in to it. But what do you mean by reset? Just to restart the console (power cycle), right? (And not a factory reset).

Left the Xbox Insider Program. Restarted the console (power cycle). It didnā€™t work. I continue exactly with the same problem.

I had to RESET my console after leaving the preview program @enanenes not a power cycle. You are still running a preview build. Factory Reset /w Keep Games and settings worked for me.

Thank you, @kfdavila. I donā€™t want to do a ā€œhard resetā€ (deleting all games, apps, etc), so I will try a ā€œlight oneā€ as soon as I can (OS and xbox accounts deleted).

But doing a reset like that was what @pseudostuga did, who wasnā€™t in the insider program, and it worked for him.

So, doing a reset may fix it even if people donā€™t leave the insider program (as I also did).

Iā€™ll let you all know how it worked as soon as I can do the light reset.

Did the reset (keeping games and apps) suggested by @kfdavila and I could play. Since that happen once before the problem started and I couldnā€™t play next day, Iā€™ll write tomorrow if I can still play.