Tower of Doom, First Impressions

No im still catching boons in floor 27

1 Like

Boss 27 same stats than boss 26

Also i think the dev said nobody will be crazy enough to keep going so itā€™s the same 4 opponent layout and boss

Edit: after floor 25 the boss giving boons no more forge scroll

Perhaps you got the 6th star before the Power Level overhaul. Today, 6th star requires 12 troops:

3 Likes

Iā€™m still locked by the doom troop for number 12. Iā€™ve bought up to the weapon but only got the ice doom. So I guess my luck just sucks then.

Wowā€¦ Thatā€™s crap. The new system is stupid. Itā€™s been that way for 5 months? and still folks are unable to catch up to those grand fathered in. :angry:

3 Likes

You can only get Doom of Ice from this event. The only way to have 6 stars in Dhrak-Zum is from the old power system, the new one has higher requirements.

1 Like

The first point requires one scroll, the second two scrolls, the third three scrolls and so on. Diminishing returns, so eventually you wonā€™t really progress any more.

Well I guess I should have blown all my event keys then as I didnā€™t expect something like this to happen.

Youre not missing out too much as getting to power level 7 dhrak zum only gives you more gold and souls

Thatā€™s not even the worse of it all. If you want to max out the upgrades of this weapon, youā€™ll need to buy all Shop Tiers AND buy the last tier 3 extra times just to have all 55 Scrolls.

You get 25 from the bosses and all the rest will come from the purchasesā€¦

If the spoilers are correct, weā€™ll have another set of monocolored weapons after this oneā€¦ You could probably leave it to buy more scrolls next time, but so far itā€™s a fact that weā€™ll never be able to fully upgrade those weapons without using a lot of gems.

10 Likes

Bingo.

So, needing 55 scrolls to max the weapon, and assuming a most optimistic outcome (clearing all 25 floors that drop ice scrolls)ā€¦

No purchases ā†’ 25 scrolls max ā†’ Max Weapon Tier 6 [21 needed] Illustrative purposes only
Tier 4 [500 gems] (the base weapon) ā†’ 32 scrolls max ā†’ Max Weapon Tier 7 [28 needed]
Tier 5 [850 gems] ā†’ 38 scrolls max ā†’ Max Weapon Tier 8 [36 needed]
Tier 6 [1350 gems] ā†’ 46 scrolls max ā†’ Max Weapon Tier 9 [45 needed]
Tier 7-1 [1850 gems] ā†’ 49 scrolls max ā†’ Max Weapon Tier 9
Tier 7-2 [2350 gems] ā†’ 52 scrolls max ā†’ Max Weapon Tier 9
Tier 7-3 [2850 gems] ā†’ 55 scrolls max ā†’ Max Weapon Tier 10 [55 scrolls needed]

** Note that each progressive tier, the margin of error diminishes (4 scrolls at Weapon Tier 7, 2 at Weapon Tier 8, 1 at 9, and zero at 10, before requiring extra purchases.

So, if ice scrolls are exclusive to this event, and the expectation is six months for the next ice scroll event to appear, is this weapon really worth 2850 gems?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my take on the rewards, for what it matters:

Half my guild hasnā€™t even spent a sigil yet and weā€™re already close to ā€œfinishingā€ the rewards. You can take this as a blessing or a curse.

The threadā€™s covered the curse, hereā€™s the blessing: If this is the intended way for it to work, this is the event for people asking the devs to slow down. If ā€œa normal day of effortā€ is enough to ā€œwinā€ when half a guild participates, then this isnā€™t ā€œmost of the guild has to pitch in 24 sigils ASAPā€. Itā€™s more like ā€œEh, you can do 4 or 5 sigils a day. If you want to.ā€

That does stink for competitive players as it means the portion of the event they do ā€œfor nothingā€ is longer. That probably needs some adjustment.

But Iā€™m also not sure ā€œItā€™s too hard to mythic ascend the Doom and max the weapon in one dayā€ is a valid complaint. Iā€™ll bet the devs expect the average player to take 2 or 3 Doom rotations to get there.

I donā€™t know, but i hate it already because it has a Creat a Blue Gem and Explode two random Blue Gems ā€œUpgradesā€ā€¦

The safe usage factor is quite limited if you donā€™t have enough skulls of any kind close to red gems, so you can spend quite some time gathering the mana for it and then you have to wait for a favorable board to cast it. Otherwise these ā€œupgradesā€ can really make you lose a matchā€¦

Havenā€™t the devs been listening/reading how much we hate those ā€œupgradesā€ all this time in the past months?

7 Likes

You know what, I think the devs deserve some recognition. They are taking a stand against climate change and fining those who use more energy. A weird business direction to change industries, but itā€™s something.

The amount of heat generated by the players that will be mad at the devs/publisher for this huge paywall locking out the upgrades plus their relutancy to change a single 50 gems cost to exchange classes will surely melt the whole North Poleā€¦
Santa Claus is in danger!!!

7 Likes

It just happened something worse in a sense to my guildā€¦ The last Boss Scroll, on Floor 25, was on the Foxā€™s Den room.

It doesnā€™t helps a lot that Amira also preys on blue enemies dealing double True Damageā€¦ and we can only target Spirit Dancer directly until she dies and them we can target the other foxes who are all stealthy. Well, with enough sigils i managed to ā€œrerollā€ the room until a Valraven took Spirit Foxā€™s place, it took me four tries.

1 Like

People complaining that you only get 500 gems for first place and it costs you maybe 1000 gems is not the DEVS fault you canā€™t do math. This is not a Gem sinkā€¦It is a self imposed Gem sink.

Congrats. I see your high horse is well fed.

I hope your 0 gem purchase brings you far into the event and helps your guild greatly.

10 Likes

No im not using the weapon itā€™s too random and most of time it will help the AI more than you

At 200 att you really donā€™t want the AI to get a lucky doomskulls drop :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What do you think about xathenos team? This one was very hard imo

1 Like