Observations (from memory, so possibly not quire accurate):
- The weapon is much more expensive to craft than Raid/Invasion weapons, costing among others 800 diamonds and 50k souls.
- Guild rewards feel quite low, there are 12 tiers, they seem to contain less than Raid/Invasion events though.
- Completing all 12 tiers requires defeating 700 Dooms, roughly 24 for each guild member. That’s 48 sigils on the happy path, with 28 granted for free. Buying the first four shop tier for 500 gems only grants another 14 sigils.
- Top 100 rewards are guild based and severely lacking. First place gets 500 gems (which doesn’t even begin to cover the cost to reach it) and 50 Doom of Ice (which may be useful if you don’t have any ascension orbs to spare). Rewards rapidly scale down to 10 gems, 5 Doom of Ice for the lower half of the list.
- Lower the Doom kills required for reward tiers. If Valraven don’t show up very generously, guilds will all have to buy shop tier 5, possibly shop tier 6 or higher, to reach the last reward, considering the amount of coordination required.
- Add some carrots to the top 100 rewards. Why doesn’t this contain various Orbs of Chaos, an Orb of Power for the very top?
- Show room contents once explored by any guild member. Coordinating the event using built-in communication mechanisms (*cough* guild chat *cough*) is next to impossible.
- Possibly remove dimishing returns from Boon scrolls to give guilds with less end game players a fighting chance for the better rewards. They’ll still need to go through lots of rooms to raise their stats, which means buying extra shop tiers, but at least their stats will get high enough to survive past the first few floors.
- For a guild event supposedly allowing us to earn gems instead of spending them I’d like to award Saltypatra the Pants On Fire award.
- It takes at least 2850 to fully unlock the weapon, more if you don’t complete the first 25 tower levels. That’s not a crazy amount, that’s an outrageously crazy amount never even remotely heard of before in the history of the game.
- Valraven actually do show up quite generously as long as you are winning fights. If the whole guild coordinates well the top end rewards are easier to reach than first dreaded.
- There should be some helping hand for weaker players, to prevent them from getting locked out for the rest of the week due to difficulty spikes. Removing diminishing returns from boons won’t balance well, that would make fights too easy for strong players. Permanently reducing troop levels for rooms a guild member was defeated in might work.
- Rewards feel insulting for the amount of gems and times spent, getting a major orb of growth definitely didn’t help. At the very least, it should be possible to fully upgrade the event weapon when participating in the event in a major way.
- I enjoyed fighting past level 25 to see how high I can climb, as a once in a lifetime activity. I don’t think I’ll enjoy repeating that, fighting the very same rooms over and over again takes a lot of effort for essentially zero rewards. If I want to experience my brain melting out of my ears I might as well work on my pile of treasure maps and get some loot for it.