Tower of Doom, First Impressions

I just noticed that my guild’s magic and attack boons are not equal, and that nobody has reported encountering a magic or attack scroll so far. Can someone tell me I am crazy, or are the boon scrolls randomly selected for each player—and it’s the presence of a boon scroll that is consistent within the guild?

Edit: just saw a post on my Guild’s board of an attack scroll, so it at least remains possible that the boons themselves are identical.

1 Like

Just got a valraven in boss room so looks like they are appearing where and when ever they want.

2 Likes

One positive is seeing a bunch of other guilds on a leaderboard, that we don’t normally get to see.

The coordination required by a guild is a good aspect.

Enough has already been said about the rewards.

6 Likes

We get to see which guilds have the most disposable income to throw at the event.

1 Like

Last thing I saw we’ve got a bunch of Life and Armor Scrolls, one Attack Scroll, no Magic Scroll. I guess it’s distributed according to the stat value, so for 10 Scrolls roughly 4 Life, 4 Armor, 1 Attack, 1 Magic.

But I already know that!

No one has yet mentioned that Doomed weapons are the first weapons that:

– Are limited in being acquired to its event (nothing new here)

– Have upgrade materials that are strictly limited to its event. (Very new)

Doomed weapons are priced at Mythic costs, which means that players will need 55 Ice Scrolls to “finish” the weapon by Sunday, or wait 6 months for Ice Scrolls to come around again (and compete with the next Blue Doomed weapon).

Tier IV is just the initial ante to get the base weapon.

Someone might want to run the numbers on the costs of 55 Ice Scrolls. Some jaws will probably hit the ground.

EDIT: I am derpy in the morning.

8 Likes

I think someone mentioned you get an upgrade scroll for each Doom you defeat, so it might not be quite as harsh.

1 Like

Loving this game mode. Its like the rich and the poor. The time has cone for The rich too give too the poor. On till you also have enough resources. So you too can give it back too you’re guild.
This is My impression. Big ups too the devs. For this game mode​:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::grin:

1 Like

You understand there is a difference between the two correct?
PK is a completely passive trait that activates repeatedly on any 4-5 match over and over again. The Weapon is an 18 Blue mana single cast that activates ONCE by using your turn to cast, then you must collect 18 mana again and use your turn to “cast” again to get the explode 2 gems.

3 Likes

I haven’t started the doom, yet, but thirty! arcanes to trait that weapon :astonished:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

I really need to heed my own advice and not post early in the morning.

1 Like

Thirty arcanes for the troop, which is in line with the old guild wars troops IIRC. Or use an orb of ascension. It’s not as big a barrier as it used to be.

after tier 6, I think it would depend on how many Dooms you kill, each Doom gives an upgrade scroll.

And I’m also 100% sure these event weapons will repeat, I seriously doubt they intend to add six entirely new Doom weapons every six months.

These “Doom of _________” troops are incredibly boring and uninspired.
The devs probably spent all the remaining creativity from 2018 into the Thief Class + Weapon…

4 Likes

It was, and is, a hella lot. You are right about the orb, though. Unfortunately, everyone seems to get a bunch of two and very few of another. I have wisdom out the wazoo and blue is nowhere to be found #firstorbproblems

3 Likes

It is another cut-and-paste sigil-based event, with probably the worst rewards of any of the events so far.

We gave up more Guild Wars for this?

And Salty says this is our relief from so many gem sinks. I guess math is hard for some people.

20 Likes

I don’t recall specifically mentioning that. I mentioned something along the lines about that with redeem codes, but wasn’t referring to the game as a whole.

8 Likes

I’d be very surprised if they ever repeat. Doom weapons extracted from data:

There’s so many of them already prepared it feels highly unlikely they would have room to run an existing one twice.

2 Likes

All of my guildmates are really enjoying the one-hit-one-kill empowered stealthy spirit fox that is part of the boss team at level 20. Wonder how the sparkle ponies are doing?

14 Likes